Ways to improve the Kinnick Gameday experience

How about decent concession stands. A couple of years ago, we went to Madison and twice during the game I got up to hit the head and go to the concession stand and neither time did I miss a play! Try that at Kinnick. I've nearly missed entire quarters doing the same thing sometimes. The university would make more money too as more people would be willing to go if they knew they weren't going to miss anything.

While we're talking about this how about banning from the game all of the "experts" that think they know how to coach better than the coaches do. I guess we can't do that - the stadium would be half full.

How about decent concession stands. A couple of years ago, we went to Madison and twice during the game I got up to hit the head and go to the concession stand and neither time did I miss a play! Try that at Kinnick. I've nearly missed entire quarters doing the same thing sometimes. The university would make more money too as more people would be willing to go if they knew they weren't going to miss anything.

While we're talking about this how about banning from the game all of the "experts" that think they know how to coach better than the coaches do. I guess we can't do that - the stadium would be half full.

Amen, brother. That idiot HappyChef (with whom I used to share season tickets) would spend the entire game bashing O'Keefe. He almost got beat up by some liberal who looked like a vegan once. O'Keefe ain't the problem, Norm is, but when the defense is out on the field bending and then breaking, I'm up there encouraging everyone and this idiot HappyChef just goes off on O'Keefe for either scoring too fast, going three and out or putting the defense in a bad position. The "experts" need to be banned.

1. Replace the ugly plain bushes in the Dead Space by the corner entrances with some sort of Hawkeye symbol or even the word “IOWA†– I still have no idea what purpose the bushes serve, and it would look so much cooler on TV if they were replaced with something Black and Gold that really pops out and catches the eye.

2. Do a couple of food combo packages. I am not expecting any type of extreme discount, but if it would normally cost like $14 bucks for a hot dog, nachos and a water – make this a combo package and sell the combo for like $12 or even $10 bucks – I think the volume increase in the total number of combos sold would make up for the lower price.

3. Use the TV timeouts to show more “Great moments in Hawk History†highlights or even “Hawks in the NFL†highlights – The Scoreboard is an awesome feature and I think it should be used more during the game to help entertain the fans.

4. Play “Back in Black†at the start of every 4th quarter in addition to the players entrance at the start of the game – Wisconsin’s “Jump Around†is awesome to watch at the start of the 4th quarter in Madison and I think anything that could get the Hawk fans excited to start the 4th quarter would be a good thing.

Solid ideas like all three the corners are blahh for sure, and the addition of the music would get everyone fired up again solid.

Have the band update their halftime routine...enuff of the "Hey Jude" type music.
Watching the same dull routine makes me want to slit my wrists.

Latest posts