Wagner Leaves To Play Football

I think Don knew exactly what to expect this season, and must have been ok with it. I don’t think Fran straight up kicks guys out, but I’m sure they give nudges and advice. Still don’t know of a major contributor that’s left Fran at Iowa
I'm sure he did. I guess he didn't take the advice of his mentor?
There haven't been any major contributors leave since you've been coach.

I see after responding 5 times to me in about 10 minutes you decided not to anymore after being stumped. And now you’re completely changing the argument.

Nobody said this was a bad thing. But I called you out for inferring that this was some sort of home run for Fran.

Again I’ll ask. How would losing two guys that barely got minutes and replacing them with two new players supposedly fix one of our issues this year which was playing way too many guys?

Here’s another question. Are we really going to take on two grad transfers this offseason? If not and we only get let’s say one grad transfer, how does that make Ahmad Wagner leaving some sort of success? We already had the scholarship for a grad transfer with Brady leaving, which almost everyone knew was a foregone conclusion even before this season began. Wagner would have been a senior next year so it really doesn’t matter.

It was a stupid remark and you got called on it, simple as that.

Dude, you’re nuts, I leave work at 4 pm. It’s not a stupid remark. It was one shared all season long by the majority of Iowa fans. I’ve seen more, BE and AW should transfer out takes then I can count. Now they do, and I say that’s good, they just couldn’t contribute, let’s go find ones who can and that’s a dumb remark that I’m dodging? Check it bro.

I see after responding 5 times to me in about 10 minutes you decided not to anymore after being stumped. And now you’re completely changing the argument.

Nobody said this was a bad thing. But I called you out for inferring that this was some sort of home run for Fran.

Again I’ll ask. How would losing two guys that barely got minutes and replacing them with two new players supposedly fix one of our issues this year which was playing way too many guys?

Here’s another question. Are we really going to take on two grad transfers this offseason? If not and we only get let’s say one grad transfer, how does that make Ahmad Wagner leaving some sort of success? We already had the scholarship for a grad transfer with Brady leaving, which almost everyone knew was a foregone conclusion even before this season began. Wagner would have been a senior next year so it really doesn’t matter.

It was a stupid remark and you got called on it, simple as that.

How is keeping them and not trying to change the roster in some way for next year helping things? I sat through all season and listen to you guys lament about how all this dead weight needs to go and now it does and I’m the one who’s got things wrong? Rich stuff

How is keeping them and not trying to change the roster in some way for next year helping things? I sat through all season and listen to you guys lament about how all this dead weight needs to go and now it does and I’m the one who’s got things wrong? Rich stuff
Brady was gone that was a foregone conclusion. We are in a thread talking about Ahmad Wagner. I’ll ask again, do you think we will bring on two grad transfers?

No better place than TE U! Hope he stays with the Hawks, would love to see up close how he does on the football field.
I think the TE room is pretty full actually but he was a WR in HS.... I say throw him out there as that in redzone/goal line situations. Depending on what position he may want to focus on if it's being a huge WR then he may try slimming down to 215-220ish. However if he wants to be a TE more along the lines of what the NFL would want to try him at if he gets that good then he may want to even bulk up more than the 235ish he's at. If Iowa has any football schollies at all they should offer it to him

I also like how Brady leaving was a foregone conclusion to everyone who a day ago had him in all their next year plans and claimed Iowa wasn’t making plans for open spots

Yes, go get yourself an experienced, seasoned true PG and fill that need. Grad transfers or JC transfers are to fill immediate needs on a team. This is that situation. Need quality depth at said position.
This is upset as I'll get on this board.

I do not want to go into another BIG season, into those tough arenas, with one blasted senior on the roster.

Michigan, Nebraska, OSU, and Illinois all did it. All made impacts for their team. Three of the four improved significantly.

What are we waiting for?

I think Don knew exactly what to expect this season, and must have been ok with it. I don’t think Fran straight up kicks guys out, but I’m sure they give nudges and advice. Still don’t know of a major contributor that’s left Fran at Iowa
This. And Fran wouldn’t be unique in doing that.

I also like how Brady leaving was a foregone conclusion to everyone who a day ago had him in all their next year plans and claimed Iowa wasn’t making plans for open spots
I’d love to see quotes of that. Anyone who follows Iowa closely knew this was his last year, Fran basically inferred it before the year.

Also since I’m here. You still haven’t answered the question as to how replacing two guys at the very bottom of our rotation with new guys would fix our issue of playing too many guys / having too long of a rotation?

This is upset as I'll get on this board.

I do not want to go into another BIG season, into those tough arenas, with one blasted senior on the roster.

What are we waiting for?
well it is only 1/2 a day since scholarship opened.

When a wife divorces it’s best not to get remarried the same day.

And it still has to be a marriage by consent. Or offering a grad transfer PG requires a willing participant.

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...etball-team-pursue-football-career/443475002/
According to this he'd have 2 years to play football is that right?? If he stayed at Iowa anyway. If that's true isn't it a no brainer for him to stay? Why transfer and have to sit out and then only play 1. Unless he were to go the FCS route. I thought he'd only have 1 to play period but I'd happily be wrong about that if so.
sounds good! But there is a glut of talent at TE at Iowa. UNI is just up the road, though.

he didn’t RS so he has five years to complete 4 seasons in same sport.

5 years — 3 seasons B.B. = 2 years remaining.

Granted, I didn’t go through CORE math so
5 — 3 could be 1

Brady was gone that was a foregone conclusion. We are in a thread talking about Ahmad Wagner. I’ll ask again, do you think we will bring on two grad transfers?

NK21, I think we only have 1 scholly, right? Uhl, Brady and Ahmad's. Weiskamp and Fredrick each get one. So, we have just 1 left. And I do hope its a grad xfer or juco at pg.

Probably gonna be an FCS school
I dunno what the right route for him to take is. If he goes the FCS route and is able to play and even say dominate then the NFL will for sure be a calling. But if he were to stay at Iowa and get acquainted with Mr Doyle for a couple years and learn football from Iowa coaches that's put TE after TE in the league surely that'd inflate his value more. Yet the risk is hardly playing for Iowa too... I don't see Fant, Hockenson or Beyer just giving their reps to the guy. He'd have to be a hybrid WRish type of position for us to play. Which I'd be down for but that might not be what he wants.. It'll be interesting to see how it goes

Latest posts