unhappy with this season ? whine here

Middle Middle Middle in the middle

DPlDn-wW0AARGuy.jpg

Kirk's great seasons too often have ended in a non competitive bowl loss....exposing the smoke and mirrors schedule upon which the great season was based....not even in the game after five minutes...truth serum

Good lord this is stupid. Do you think Wisconsin fans are talking like this right now heading into the B1G championship game? Only a freaking self loathing Iowa fan tries to downplay a 12-0 regular season.

I said Iowa would win 9 games but I knew I was reaching. I said Iowa was a lock vs NW and would beat 1 of Penn State or Ohio State. I didn't see the Purdue loss coming and still don't understand it

Iowa had the 4th toughest schedule in the country yet people still bitch about our weak non conference opponents... o_O

Huh? That has nothing to do with you not understanding that Northwestern came in second place. It’s ok you can’t count to two. I am trying to rationalize with an irrational person. Say it with me, Northwestern came in second at 7-2 with a THREE game lead on third.
You said Iowa tied for second. They didn't. I don't know how else to explain it. I've posted the standings and still you argue. Iowa tied for 3rd not 2nd in the division. If want to believe otherwise that is your prerogative. Have a good day.

I can live with the Penn St. loss.
Purdue stings the most!
Any offence at all against NW and MSU and we win both those!
The D did it's job! Running game and O- line biggest disappointments.
knew Stanley would be a week by week and thought he did a good job for first year.

Whisky just beat the crap out of us?

Should of could of would of been a 9-3 or 10-2 season but you have the Ferentz factor to live with as always and I feel that was the let down and seems the case more often than not.
Stanley should of been the punter too
(sarcasm) and Fielding punts on the 10 or less ridiculous!

You said Iowa tied for second. They didn't. I don't know how else to explain it. I've posted the standings and still you argue. Iowa tied for 3rd not 2nd in the division. If want to believe otherwise that is your prerogative. Have a good day.
You can’t read. I said Northwestern tied for second, replying to you stating northwestern sucked. Pay attention to what you write. I don’t have time for people like you. Discussion is over.

I had this team at 9-3 heading into the season. When we lost Ike and Boone, I put us at 6-6. Teams that start two freshman tackles (one a true freshman who was bashing 180 pound DEs in high school the previous year) aren't going to do well in the Big Ten. Wisconsin, NW, and Purdue all have edge rushers that we struggled with. The way Alaric and Tristen played was actually way above my expectations and it shows we have recruited well the past few years. This is a huge positive for the future.

Iowa just had too many first year players or young players on offense. They all are going to make mistakes...and that's why you see the inconsistency everywhere....WRs / TEs / Tackles and QB. That's a ton of young players who have to execute. We just kept having one or two guys making mistakes, missing blocks, or dropping balls.

That being said...the future is bright. Kelly Martin is a stud, ISM is going to get better and stronger, Fant is a first round draft choice, Hockenson is a star in the making, and both tackles are going to be very high round draft choices. I also think Stanley is going to go down as one of the best to ever play at Iowa. First year starting, and he improved tremendously throughout the year. Think about all the drops this year or guys who didn't catch balls they should have. When he has time (think OSU) he will carve you up. He's going to be a pro...if he stays on track.

Totally agree w/ this post! When announced that both 5th yr Sr offensive tackles were lost - I was ready for 2012 - last time we lost both tackles. Teams schemed and messed with run game edge successfully. Hawks were way more straight ahead and Iso v. Neb.

Last Friday might be the most underclassmen to play in a Big 10 game for Hawks in a while - and perform well.

Most disappointing was 2010 - way too much experience for that result and had big games in Kinnick.

1st Big 10 game v. Wis 9/22/18 will be most important game since 2015 Big10 title game.

Last Friday might be the most underclassmen to play in a Big 10 game for Hawks in a while - and perform well.

Most disappointing was 2010 - way too much experience for that result and had big games in Kinnick.

1st Big 10 game v. Wis 9/22/18 will be most important game since 2015 Big10 title game.

Ahhhhhh, the good ole youth excuse. Kirk, your disciples listen well.

We lose 8 starters.....4 on offense and 4 on defense (maybe nine if Jackson goes pro). Freaking Wisconsin appears to be even younger than we are!!! The only lose 2 starter on offense, and return their ENTIRE MASSIVE offensive line!!! This was a shock to me, as I was thinking they lost quite a bit more than we did.

Good lord this is stupid. Do you think Wisconsin fans are talking like this right now heading into the B1G championship game? Only a freaking self loathing Iowa fan tries to downplay a 12-0 regular season.
Just putting it in perspective...the 12-0 season vs a weak schedule finished with two losses...right?

Nobody will ever know what kind of OC Brian is as long as he’s working under Kirk.

KOK = Davis = BF with Kirk Ferentz piloting the ship.
Yikes! Agree 100%Also underusing Mr.Akrum by not spliting him wide cannot help morale.Anyone to PRY open BOX can only help.Caps plans "not HELPFUL no?

No, they’re not, because they have a legitimately good team. Soft schedule or no, that team is miles ahead of this Ferentzball circus.

Just putting it in perspective...the 12-0 season vs a weak schedule finished with two losses...right?

Iowa was 12-2, that is a very good team. Why do you have to try to downplay that? Average teams don't luck their way into a 12-2 record. Heck right now TCU, Washington, Ohio St., Penn St. all have 2 losses and all their schedules are ranked in the 40's and 50's. Even really good teams lose, Bama just got beat by a top 10 teams. Well Iowa got beat by 2 top 5-10 teams, it happens, doesn't mean Iowa sucks because they got beat by two very good teams.

No, they’re not, because they have a legitimately good team. Soft schedule or no, that team is miles ahead of this Ferentzball circus.

LOL, Wisconsin's schedule is ranked #61 right now. They haven't beaten a team that is currently ranked in the top 25. When Iowa went 12-0 they beat two top 20 teams on the road.

Iowa was 12-2, that is a very good team. Why do you have to try to downplay that? Average teams don't luck their way into a 12-2 record. Heck right now TCU, Washington, Ohio St., Penn St. all have 2 losses and all their schedules are ranked in the 40's and 50's. Even really good teams lose, Bama just got beat by a top 10 teams. Well Iowa got beat by 2 top 5-10 teams, it happens, doesn't mean Iowa sucks because they got beat by two very good teams.
You’re at the level of denial now that can’t be reasoned with even with facts.

You’re at the level of denial now that can’t be reasoned with even with facts.

So a 12-2 season sucks.......but I'm in denial. God, I can't make this stuff up. I'd bet the Sconnie fans aren't self loathing like this about their undefeated season with the #61 ranked schedule.

So a 12-2 season sucks.......but I'm in denial. God, I can't make this stuff up. I'd bet the Sconnie fans aren't self loathing like this about their undefeated season with the #61 ranked schedule.
Quote me where I said a 12-2 season sucks.

I’ll wait for ya............

I did imply that Wisconsin is a much better team, with light years better coaching and administration. Barta isn’t qualified to wash Alvarez’s car.

But go ahead and keep creating your fake butthurt drama.

And I’m still waiting to see where I said 12-2 sucks.

Quote me where I said a 12-2 season sucks.

I’ll wait for ya............

I did imply that Wisconsin is a much better team, with light years better coaching and administration. Barta isn’t qualified to wash Alvarez’s car.

But go ahead and keep creating your fake butthurt drama.

And I’m still waiting to see where I said 12-2 sucks.

That isn't butt hurt, that is just the facts. Iowa had 2 good road wins in '15, Wisconsin has 0 this year.
We played 2 top 20 teams on the road in '15 and beat both of them. Wisconsin has beaten a 9 win team at home and every road game has been against a sub .500 team for them. On resumes alone our '15 teams > Badgers '17