Uh Oh

Gotta love message board fans. If one of us says something negative about Fran or God forbid...a player, we're "haters" or Cyclone trolls. But if Dolph says it....you guys rally to his defense.
Well....I'm making a stand. Right here, right now. Gary Dolphin is a hater and closet Clown troll. How dare he???? Quick, gather the torches and the pitch forks.

CZOX5LUWcAAguub.jpg

i didn't say that. but if the "free speech" was correct and accurate, then punishment received for that free speech is wrong. certainly, you agree with that.

I don't agree with that. You ARE free to say whatever you wish. That does not make you immune to consequences of that speech. If Learfield Sports thinks that Dolph should have some sort of punishment because their engineers didn't divert away from the hot mike to run a commercial (which he did announce), that is their right as the owner of the media platform.

I was definitely surprised at his lack of minutes last night in a game that seemed like we needed him in there to be strong with the ball and feed the post.

Might have been protecting him from the referees. The Pitt players were flopping and stumbling all over Bohannon to get him out of the game, same strategy would have been applied to Connor. We needed both of them at crunch time because of ball handling ability and free throw percentages.....

:cool:

@RobHowe What do you think Barta/Learfield will do to Dolph?

Apology only?

Fine?

Suspension?

Sorry. Just saw this.

Your guess is as good as mine.

My guess would be no fine or suspension and handled internally. Iowa sends out a press release at about 4:59 today.

If i was Fran or Mashie, i wouldnt be THAT upset. Simple evaluation. We would all be fired or killed for our inner or private dialogue. Understand it is fandom and passion and move on. I wouldnt invite Dolph to supper ever again tho...

Im actually more impressed with Mashie this year, not a true stud pg, but a suitable back court sub for now. Prefer if we were deep enough he was player 10-12, but he has been a positive so far...

Sorry. Just saw this.

Your guess is as good as mine.

My guess would be no fine or suspension and handled internally. Iowa sends out a press release at about 4:59 today.
Hope that’s all it ends up being, I’m sure he feels like shit.

Hope that’s all it ends up being, I’m sure he feels like shit.

He looked pretty down leaving the arena last night. Iowa SID said he'd see him Friday night and GD said he hoped so.

Fran was not happy and I'm guessing it's because he singled out Dailey. There was plenty of blame to go around in the first half.

The hardest thing for GD will be rebuilding his relationship with the coaches and players.

Sherman Dillard issued a Tweet this morning supporting Dailey.

If I were Dolph.... I'd get my resume put in over at ESPN. Seems they'll hire anybody to broadcast a game and that's a TV gig.

I did like one thing the announcer said last when talking about Pitt calling a potential win over Iowa a program changing win. Wasn't 3 weeks ago, I was anticipating a long, frustrating year.

I have been pretty critical of Gary over the last few years but that is just because listening to him do play by play over the radio is super frustrating. Last time I listened to him for an Iowa football game, I swear there was more discussion about the Yankees than there was what was happening on the field.

Having said that, this is not a reason for him to lose his job. He said what many of have thought from time to time, the only difference is our words only reach a few people compared to the thousands listening to the game over the radio. I hope he can get past this and finish up his time with the Hawks.

Latest posts