Tyler Cook

Guys that get to the B1G level don't get there because they aren't good coaches. Good god!

You really love to try and twist something or take something out of context and just ram it home. I've stated what I said about Lick 3 times now in regards to him being exposed when he got to that level. Give it up - try something different.

You really love to try and twist something or take something out of context and just ram it home. I've stated what I said about Lick 3 times now in regards to him being exposed when he got the level. Give it up - try something different.

I copy and pasted what you said. I didn't twist anything or take anything out of context. You said you have to be a good coach to get to the B1G level which I strongly disagree with and used Lickliter as a perfect example of how that is wrong. You can't say Fran is a good coach because he got the job here and then just ignore it for Lickliter.

I copy and pasted what you said. I didn't twist anything or take anything out of context. You said you have to be a good coach to get to the B1G level which I strongly disagree with and used Lickliter as a perfect example of how that is wrong. You can't say Fran is a good coach because he got the job here and then just ignore it for Lickliter.

You absolutely took it out of context. I'm the one who said it, I decide the context. That's how it works and I've already stated that wasn't what I meant now and I'll do it a 4th time. It was a general statement about coaches who make it to this level of coaching. Most get exposed way before making it this far. If they don't, they get exposed when they get here. Not finish in the top half of the conference for 5 straight seasons. Lick was a product of a system - who failed immediately the minute he left it.

You absolutely took it out of context. I'm the one who said it, I decide the context. That's how it works and I've already stated that wasn't what I meant now and I'll do it a 4th time. It was a general statement about coaches who make it to this level of coaching. Most get exposed way before making it this far. If they don't, they get exposed when they get here. Not finish in the top half of the conference for 5 straight seasons. Lick was a product of a system - who failed immediately the minute he left it.

Guys that get to the B1G level don't get there because they aren't good coaches. Good god!

1386503_700b.jpg

1386503_700b.jpg

I don't get it - love me some Michael Scott tho.

obviously - you take a general statement and run with it. The sky is blue right? But one time it was orange before a big storm. I can't help it if you see things so black and white, it has to be a miserable existence.

I don't get it - love me some Michael Scott tho.

obviously - you take a general statement and run with it. The sky is blue right? But one time it was orange before a big storm. I can't help it if you see things so black and white, it has to be a miserable existence.

You made a blanket statement that you have to be a good coach to get a coaching job for a major conference team to try to defend Fran. That statement is flat out false and can be proven many times how wrong it is even in our own program within this decade. You got caught in that lie and you aren't owning up to it. Also you are the one who is seeing everything so black and white. There isn't two options to describe a coach and they are either "good" or "bad". If you want to argue Fran isn't a bad coach that is fine but you look foolish to argue that he is a good coach. There is a big enough sample size to show he isn't a good coach. He's had two NCAA Tournament appearances and a play in game loss in 8 years. I don't care if you had to start a program from scratch that is not good. I have no problem if someone calls him an average or mediocre coach but by this time next year that probably will probably be a stretch.

You will make first team if you put up better numbers because you get more playing time. Did Aaron white improve his jump shot over the course of four years? Did these players add to their arsenal offensively? Not really . Just because you score more doesn’t mean you improved as a basketball player . Look at Moss. He he taken his game to another level since his first practice? Yeah he is improving his production because he plays more but that doesn’t mean he actually improved his skill set. If those players actually improved we would have better teams with deeper runs and they would have had better success after Iowa

Moss is not even close to first team BIG. Don't get that comparison at all. White ran the floor well and did other things. Wasn't just because he scored more because he played more minutes. No Jok you can argue wasn't a well rounded player, so I can see your point there.

You made a blanket statement that you have to be a good coach to get a coaching job for a major conference team to try to defend Fran. That statement is flat out false and can be proven many times how wrong it is even in our own program within this decade. You got caught in that lie and you aren't owning up to it. Also you are the one who is seeing everything so black and white. There isn't two options to describe a coach and they are either "good" or "bad". If you want to argue Fran isn't a bad coach that is fine but you look foolish to argue that he is a good coach. There is a big enough sample size to show he isn't a good coach. He's had two NCAA Tournament appearances and a play in game loss in 8 years. I don't care if you had to start a program from scratch that is not good. I have no problem if someone calls him an average or mediocre coach but by this time next year that probably will probably be a stretch.

a lie LOL

I look silly and you are calling my opinion a lie? Haha. Seriously get over yourself. I also IMMEDIATELY said that Lick wasn't a good coach. You're too easy man.

I look silly and you are calling my opinion a lie? Haha. Seriously get over yourself. I also IMMEDIATELY said that Lick wasn't a good coach. You're too easy man.

That is a lie.

That is a lie.

JFC - of course it is, you proved me wrong immediately - to which I agreed with you. That doesn't change the fact that the statement is accurate and true more then not. AND, it doesn't take into consideration any of my follow up takes now does it? Like, how I said, most coaches who get to this level that aren't good coaches get exposed and don't finish in the top half of the conference for 5 straight seasons. Right?

That is a lie.

I also stated you took the comment out context and then explained what I meant - using your example as the talking point. Then you said I was liar.

haha. Like - you can't make that up. Why am I recapping your day for you? I don't know... cause I literally have nothing better to do.

That's why twins is such a bad poster. You say something that is a little too extreme (which everyone does sometimes) then elaborate further to explain exactly what you mean after getting called on it. Most people would continue the topic based on the new stance. Twins beats to death the original statement that was already corrected by the person who said it. Such a weak way to debate. Especially coming from a guy who always posts extreme.

Latest posts