Tyler Cook

How many of them are starters?
doesnt say.

That stat is misleading as hell because by default the vast majority of D1 players don’t start.
no it’s not misleading.

it’s a good question to ask what % of those would be starters.

But the thesis was to determine the percentage of D1 players transferring. It’s a fact or it’s not. The study says it is fact

I’ll also say this now. If he transfers out instead of going to play pro ball. That’s a lot more indicative of internal problems in the Iowa program and Fran is in trouble.
He's literally not in trouble at all. He's untouchable.
Yep. His answer or lack of an answer does show that he's probably been contemplating leaving one way or another. If he transfers, Fran isn't going to be a very popular dude in IC.
...And? Nothing will happen.

doesnt say.

no it’s not misleading.

But the thesis was to determine the percentage of D1 players transferring. It’s a fact or it’s not. The study says it is fact
Its misleading if the stat is heavily weighted by players who are in a completely different situation than TC. If 90% of that transfer numbers are people getting zero PT then it is irrelevant to this discussion. It is still a fact, but it is irrelevant.

doesnt say.

no it’s not misleading.

That may be, but the stat is useless because you can’t draw any conclusions from it that pertain to this discussion. It stands to reason and, at least anecdotally, I don’t think anyone would argue that transfers frequently happen because players don’t get playing time and go somewhere they will. It’s rare (I'd say very rare) to hear of a starter transferring unless there were academic issues, graduation, etc.

You used a 40% figure that most likely doesn't pertain to Tyler Cook in any way.

I’ll also say this now. If he transfers out instead of going to play pro ball. That’s a lot more indicative of internal problems in the Iowa program and Fran is in trouble.
I'd like to agree with you, but Fran is going nowhere.

With his revised contract and buyout as well as his squeaky clean image with the FBI thing going on, Fran is encroaching on Ferentz-level untouchableness in Iowa City.

Better get used to him.

You used a 40% figure that most likely doesn't pertain to Tyler Cook in any way.
Truth there.

I concede that the stat would have nothing to do with Cook. I didn’t think it through and threw up an air ball.

Is Fran in trouble? Naw.... That's a given now isn't it? If Cook bails what that does is it'll give him yet another sub par season to play with prior to being given any real pressure. His contract is what it is. It could make things pretty ugly with the fan base next yr if they have another season like this one regardless of the reasons. I would be curious to know to what extent Fran tries to 'recruit' Cook to stay. Because even if he's naively been in the dark about him his two boys sure aren't. But as far as Fran being fired after next year even for a bad year don't hold your breath.

Cook bails, another sub .500 year...things will get uncomfortable enough that Fran might leave on his own.
Unfortunately I think he's learned the power of "pulling a Kirk."

Just like this year. Full on tire fire season, but ending it with two wins and taking Michigan to overtime has all the Ma and Pa Kettle fans and Iowa media talking about how he's so great again and that we'll be better next year.

He'll squeak in a 15 seed next March and get his white magic back, and then we'll get another three years of paint drying.

Cook bails, another sub .500 year...things will get uncomfortable enough that Fran might leave on his own.

I dunno. Cook is good but not the complete deal, and I question whether he has that much more of an upside. I’d be more worried if a couple other starters were thinking of transferring, or if Weiskamp de-committed.

I'd like to agree with you, but Fran is going nowhere.

With his revised contract and buyout as well as his squeaky clean image with the FBI thing going on, Fran is encroaching on Ferentz-level untouchableness in Iowa City.

Better get used to him.

PLUS C-MAC and P-MAC!!!!

Feel bad for him that he has to deal with all the rumors himself. The guy just finished the season, and people are shoving mics in his face and asking him if he's gonna bail on the guys he's been playing with for 2 years.

Hmm so let the picking apart of that begin.
"I have no desire to transfer to Missouri (right this min) "Going to Mizzou was never the plan" (but it might be later?)
If we take him at his word on that then what are we missing? He isn't goin pro that's just crazy. And as far as transferring goes he's got other options besides Mizzu I guess but what might they be? Kansas? Indiana? Memphis? I'm just spit balling here geography wise.

Latest posts