Tyler Cook is not an NBA player

Hard to evaluate Tyler right now. Down the road he may improve, hard to say, he lacks a lot of skills, but save the last few weeks he has been a pretty solid player. In november he would have tooled Ethan, now he is scared to death and kicks the ball out, and well if you cant play with a Happ, you arent at the level you need to be a professional player. No slap against Happ who is a darn good college player who players hard but he is slow with no vertical. I like Tyler a lot as a teammate but as of now he has zero confidence on the court and appears to be lost most of the time. I often wonder what he thinks when his high school team likely runs Iowa out of the gym.

Hard to evaluate Tyler right now. Down the road he may improve, hard to say, he lacks a lot of skills, but save the last few weeks he has been a pretty solid player. In november he would have tooled Ethan, now he is scared to death and kicks the ball out, and well if you cant play with a Happ, you arent at the level you need to be a professional player. No slap against Happ who is a darn good college player who players hard but he is slow with no vertical. I like Tyler a lot as a teammate but as of now he has zero confidence on the court and appears to be lost most of the time. I often wonder what he thinks when his high school team likely runs Iowa out of the gym.

How players around you are playing makes a difference in how you are playing the person you are playing against. Happ is a very solid and well coached player.

How players around you are playing makes a difference in how you are playing the person you are playing against. Happ is a very solid and well coached player.

Happ is a goofy poor ft shooting player. The fact that he outplayed cook tells you something.

This year. When the other team takes an outside shot I cringe if Cook isn’t in there to get the rebound.
Yes this year if we didn’t have Cook we would almost undoubtedly have Nunge.

As I noted in an earlier post in this thread, Cook hasn’t proven to be a particularly good rebounder for his size, strength, and athleticism. With that said he’s still the best rebounder on this team which is probably something we haven’t discussed enough (the lack of rebounding on this team).

Cook worked and developed his game over the summer, and was very good through the first half of the season. That was very clear to me. However, as the season progressed, and coaches figured out how to play him, he didn't have any other options to go to, and his weaknesses have become more apparent, and it has impacted his overall performance. He never developed a jump shot in the lane, which he could have used to counter his initial move of the little baby hook which worked very well early in the year. That's just my observation.

Happ is a goofy poor ft shooting player. The fact that he outplayed cook tells you something.

The fact that Happ can push the ball up the court and Cook has become Mr. Butterfingers blows my mind.

If you're relying on one player to make or break your rebounding....you're a lousy rebounding team.

captainobvious.jpg

Latest posts