Tyler Cook is not an NBA player

I was at the Kohl and he and JBo did get into at one point FWIW. I’m not exactly sure what about.
Noticed a couple interactions. Not positive as he is/was the leader of this team. Has he abdicated his role now that things are tough?

Cook not paying attention in huddle at timeouts. Coaches screaming at him from sidelines during Rutgers game.

How’s this going to end TC, the choice is up to you...

I for one would like to see TC succeed. He needs to want to take over the game. I know he's got it in him, he just needs to assert himself. He can be unstoppable if he puts his mind to it. C'mon Tyler, be the leader of this team. I really don't like seeing guys hating on you. You are too talented to allow this to happen.

I thought he was going to be a positive leader when he was a freshman. I saw him take control.

I think he is a negative leader now.

Cook would get dominated by Adam Woodbury in the G-league. Cook is a one trick pony. He can jump. He has no handles, no jump shot, no post moves, etc.

Cook will get an NBA evaluation and they will tell him to go back to Iowa and he will instead go pro and end up in Europe. I would bet a large chunk of money on it...except I'm slightly scared he might end up in Australia instead of Europe

This.

I don’t think he’ll be back. Looks like a career in the Hungarian league.

I must say, Aaron white seems to be living a good life over there.

A coach's job is to take raw talent like this, develop it...develop the player. Cook has to do the work, but I think Fran has failed him in this respect.

Fran does have culpability, maybe TC’s ceiling wasn’t the NBA, but it sure isn’t the shitshow we’ve seen the last couple weeks.

This tread doesn’t need to be 4 pages long... it should have been the OP and then nothing but “Well duh” “Who is dumb enough to think he is?” “Obviously” “Tyreke locure has a better chance of going pro out of high school” and then end....

This tread doesn’t need to be 4 pages long... it should have been the OP and then nothing but “Well duh” “Who is dumb enough to think he is?” “Obviously” “Tyreke locure has a better chance of going pro out of high school” and then end....

cue TK ...

tenor.gif

I think the kid is playing injured right now. He can't jump in his normal way. I'm not sure what the injury is.....

Cut him some slack.

Overseas at this point. But would love if he stays, somehow develops at least a mid range game, and gets drafted

SOME of you sure have a thing about
Him. He has obviously regressed. Not the first time we have seen this. The common thread is coach. The guy had 7 rebounds.

Has Garza regressed.

Him. He has obviously regressed. Not the first time we have seen this. The common thread is coach. The guy had 7 rebounds.

Has Garza regressed.
Do you know how stupid you sound bringing up that he had 7 rebounds thing as a positive?

He’s the biggest (weight) and arguably most athletic dude on the court and you want to pat him on the back for 7 rebounds in 24 minutes?

Here’s a look at how TC compares to his peers in terms of rebounding percentage:

-Cook (14.6 - career high)
-Happ (19.1) (career low 17)
-Ward (21.2) (career low 15.6)
-Fernando (20.4) (career low 17.5)
-Murphy (21.0) (career low 16.8)

Simply put, TC isn’t that good of a rebounder.

Has Garza regressed.

Cook has only regressed over the last couple weeks. That's called a slump. He is a better overall player this year than he was last year. But the last 2 weeks have been the worst basketball of his career.

Do you know how stupid you sound bringing up that he had 7 rebounds thing as a positive?

He’s the biggest (weight) and arguably most athletic dude on the court and you want to pat him on the back for 7 rebounds in 24 minutes?

Here’s a look at how TC compares to his peers in terms of rebounding percentage:

-Cook (14.6 - career high)
-Happ (19.1) (career low 17)
-Ward (21.2) (career low 15.6)
-Fernando (20.4) (career low 17.5)
-Murphy (21.0) (career low 16.8)

Simply put, TC isn’t that good of a rebounder.

You'll not win congeneality award. He was the high on rebounds for the game period.

Don't even talk about bad basketball IQ unless you're talking about Moss.
I think it’s a tie...Moss and Cook. They seem like good guys. The guys that came up playing high school ball in Iowa typically have higher IQs and better fundamentals IMO.

Cook and Moss are enormously talented. Iowa has a lot of talented players. I prefer to bash the coaches instead of the players. Just imagine how good Cook would of been if he had gone to another school instead of Iowa. The players don't seem to know how to play defense or offense as a team. I think Fran is a great guy with a big heart, but the sad part is he isn't going anywhere.
How did White, Marble, Uthoff, etc. get better?

Cook would get dominated by Adam Woodbury in the G-league. Cook is a one trick pony. He can jump. He has no handles, no jump shot, no post moves, etc.

Cook will get an NBA evaluation and they will tell him to go back to Iowa and he will instead go pro and end up in Europe. I would bet a large chunk of money on it...except I'm slightly scared he might end up in Australia instead of Europe
lol Australia.

Is Cook even a plus player this year? He scores points but does it inefficiently. He rebounds but never gets the tough rebounds in traffic. Factor in the turnovers and the horrible basketball IQ and I'm not sure how much he helps.
I don’t even want to think about our rebounding without Cook on the defensive glass.

Latest posts