Tyler Cook is not an NBA player

I said early on that there is no way TC will play one minute in the NBA. I was not then, or now, tryIng to bash him. He is a good college player with some serious weaknesses. I hope for the best for him, but even Europe may be a stretch. In all honesty, I think his best bet is to return for his senior year, get his degree, and play his cards for the future at that point. Do not bash this young man. He had given us some great moments, has been a loyal Hawkeye, and tried hard to emerge as a leader this year. Failing to be an NBA level athlete puts TC in the company of 95% of D-1 players, so he has nothing to be ashamed of. Hope for a win at Nebraska and a rejuvenated effort in the BT tourney and on to the Big Dance. Think about the potential for next year, which I still believe is high. Go Hawks.

What’s sucks is that Tyler was a big time recruit and one that was a great land for Fran and Iowa.

The sad part is he has the worst basketball IQ I’ve ever seen and shaky effort at times.

I’d take Aaron White every day of the week and twice on Sundays over Cook it’s just that simple.

I was wrong about Cook's ability to react on defense and move quickly. He proved me wrong by how quickly he got out of the way for Iverson's first dunk. That was the fastest I've ever seen Cook move.

What’s sucks is that Tyler was a big time recruit and one that was a great land for Fran and Iowa.

The sad part is he has the worst basketball IQ I’ve ever seen and shaky effort at times.

I’d take Aaron White every day of the week and twice on Sundays over Cook it’s just that simple.
Don't even talk about bad basketball IQ unless you're talking about Moss.

At this point I’d take SonderGorney over Cook

Don't even talk about bad basketball IQ unless you're talking about Moss.
Loved his play in the 1H where he had a wide open 3, the very rare opportunities he gets because of how poorly he moves without the ball, anyway wide open three, doesn’t take it puts his head down to dribble and gets stripped by Iverson.

He will fit right in the NBA, they don’t play defense either.

You’re kinda right and wrong with this statement. The bottom half of the league doesn’t play defense. That’s the main reason they’re in the bottom half. The good teams play good D, that’s the reason they’re good.

Good team or bad though, Cook will not fit into the NBA.

Cook and Moss are enormously talented. Iowa has a lot of talented players. I prefer to bash the coaches instead of the players. Just imagine how good Cook would of been if he had gone to another school instead of Iowa. The players don't seem to know how to play defense or offense as a team. I think Fran is a great guy with a big heart, but the sad part is he isn't going anywhere.

Cook would get dominated by Adam Woodbury in the G-league. Cook is a one trick pony. He can jump. He has no handles, no jump shot, no post moves, etc.

Cook will get an NBA evaluation and they will tell him to go back to Iowa and he will instead go pro and end up in Europe. I would bet a large chunk of money on it...except I'm slightly scared he might end up in Australia instead of Europe

Dennis Rodman type of player.
giphy.gif

He will fit right in the NBA, they don’t play defense either.
The thing in the NBA is you have to either be a really good offensive player, a really good defender/rebounder or a great all around player. I don't know if Cook has the great offensive game to earn a spot on a roster. That being said I think if he either decided to be a gritty defender on every possession or developed a consistent jump shot, I think he has an opportunity.

The way I look at it is will he develop those parts of his game at Iowa? I doubt it. He would have been better off to go pro last year rather than come back and have a sub par year.

I do have to say Cook doesn't deserve all the blame for this. I agree he's not an NBA player but the entire team has sucked lately. None of them get a pass.

I kinda expect it from Cook. What shocks me is how bad Garza has been. With his attitude and desire I never saw this coming.

Latest posts