Travis and Tim on KXNO

It's brutal, dude. I'm sorry. I gave them a shot early on and did not last long. I won't even turn it on anymore. I know it's a dead time and I know they have a challenging slot, but even during football/basketball season I can't do it. Just reemphasizes the fact that Deace could have made some big money doing sports talk radio in a top market .

If you're not a fan of TNT and M&M isn't your style...

Perhaps Marty on 1490 the Jock from 7-9 AM will do it for you.

I would literally listen to Larry Cotlar's vanilla commentary or Jim Brinson talking about taking a leak in Wilt Chamberlain's bathroom all morning instead of these guys. I realize it is a hard time of year but seriously- they have abandoned sports completely. It's really not that hard to fill time and make people happy. Here is a list of topics that would keep me listening:

1. College Football and Basketball - not that hard right now a month from the season with the addition of looming conference realignment and the Penn State Scandal

2. High School Football and recruits for Iowa, ISU and UNI

3. NFL - lots of ex Hawks and Clones could fill time for discussion

4. Even baseball

TNT also has first dibs on all the stories from the night before, how could you not come up with SOMETHING interesting to talk about? and the stuttering to sounds smart drives me absolutely nuts. My impression: "I just want to to to to to say this, theeeeeeeeeeeeee cubs are in a rebuilding year." So horrible to listen to, can't stand it.

TNT is the worst sports talk radio show I have experienced since I moved to Central Iowa in 2004. I blame most of that on the topics they choose to talk about. Even last year during football season, I would turn on the radio and they would be talking about how they like their coffee or other things I have no interest in.

As much as I disliked Matt P, and thought his opinions were stupid and ill-informed, he was at least talking about topics I care about. I have given TNT numerous chances, and I am not inclined to give them another one.

So y'all inspired me to tune into that crapfest this morning...where I was greeted with Travis Justice's assertion that the Pedo State fiasco had NOTHING to do with football, and the NCAA had no power to act.

Keep in mind that this @$$hole has a son.

What an atrocious show. TNT? LOL. More like a dud firecracker.

I don't listen often only because I don't get up that early.

But this is the toughest time of the toughest time of the year in this job and city.

Can't blame it on the time of the year. When I tuned in, during the football season last fall, they didn't/wouldn't/couldn't speak about Iowa or ISU football. They were unlistenable in the peak time of the year, so that's what I did, stopped listening.

How hard would it be to talk about Iowa and Iowa State sports on a daily basis? I would think there would be a large market for this type of radio show. Surely your numbers when you were on with Deace would prove that.

As I mentioned earlier, a wasted opportunity for KXNO in the morning.

KXNO needs Jon back in that time slot. I'd say have him prerecord his show and play it at 6am. it would probably get me back to listening to that station.

KXNO needs Jon back in that time slot. I'd say have him prerecord his show and play it at 6am. it would probably get me back to listening to that station.

or better yet give Jon his 4-6 time slot back and replay it at 6am the following day. would still be better then what is on.

The problem is, when they do talk about football it's apparent that they don't know what they're talking about half the time.

The problem is, when they do talk about football it's apparent that they don't know what they're talking about half the time.
You're being generous by saying half the time. Now Missouri Valley Conference basketball? They have that covered.

I use the ESPN radio App in the morning. M&M or any of the prior days shows on my playlist. Nice app and it loads your favorites automatically. Downcast for iPad is awesome too. There are a lot of college football shows out there and I have them set to reload everyday. I also have SiriusXM and enjoy their college sports station. Paul Fienbaum is a hoot - as long as you understand he is an SEC homer and likes to stir the pot. You can also get him on the Jox radio app. Des Moines doesn't have good sports radio so I don't bother anymore. If Jon and Steve did a weekly podcast I'd be over the moon.

I use the ESPN radio App in the morning. M&M or any of the prior days shows on my playlist. Nice app and it loads your favorites automatically. Downcast for iPad is awesome too. There are a lot of college football shows out there and I have them set to reload everyday. I also have SiriusXM and enjoy their college sports station. Paul Fienbaum is a hoot - as long as you understand he is an SEC homer and likes to stir the pot. You can also get him on the Jox radio app. Des Moines doesn't have good sports radio so I don't bother anymore. If Jon and Steve did a weekly podcast I'd be over the moon.

I listen to Bill King on XM radio some mornings when M&M get old or I get sick of the frequent commercial breaks. However, I still really want to listen to LOCAL sports radio. So I try to flip it over to T&T once in a while, but it's too awful to listen to 95% of the time for more than 2 minutes. Someone needs to save sports radio in this town.

Sometimes when I listen to them I feel like I'm listening to what Maxim Magazine would sound like if it were a radio show and wasn't funny...

I'd be up for this. Frankly the callers are brutal 90% of the time, and yes, I call in sometimes.

I love sports talk radio but the morning guys on KXNO are horrible. Many times I flip it on to listen to them talking about something not even closely related to sports. The limited sports talk options in the morning is why I tune in when I do.

They really should try and stay more focused on talking about sports...

Latest posts