Travis and Tim on KXNO

If Jon and Steve did a weekly podcast I'd be over the moon.

They really should. Could cover the main topics people care about anyway. Would be especially valuable during football season. Maybe 2 per week during football season - Thur or Fri preview the weekend and Mon and Tue review the weekend.

I don't listen often only because I don't get up that early.

But this is the toughest time of the toughest time of the year in this job and city.

Appreciate the diplomacy, but there is no defending that "turd" of a show and what they try to pass off as entertainment.

They really should. Could cover the main topics people care about anyway. Would be especially valuable during football season. Maybe 2 per week during football season - Thur or Fri preview the weekend and Mon and Tue review the weekend.

I think this is a fabulous idea. Even if they only put like half the amount of research/effort in to it it would still be better than anything going in DSM right now.

This morning was another banner morning for the show. While most other programs were discussing Penn State and the ramifications from 7:00 - 7:30 they devoted the entire time to one of the state's great rivalry games. Which one was it?

Iowa - Iowa State - Nah
Creighton - UNI - Nope
Valley - Dowling - Nada
City High - City West - wrong again

Instead they chose to discuss the great rivalry that is Grand View and Drake University in Football and tried to get people excited for a tailgate on a Thursday night for this game. They are just pathetic....

I switched over to the new Miller & Deace Podcast I was saving for later in the day.

So y'all inspired me to tune into that crapfest this morning...where I was greeted with Travis Justice's assertion that the Pedo State fiasco had NOTHING to do with football, and the NCAA had no power to act.

Keep in mind that this @$$hole has a son.

What an atrocious show. TNT? LOL. More like a dud firecracker.

You should tune in on Thursday mornings from 7-8am when they talk Nascar and Indy car racing for an hour. Yawwwwwnnnnn.....first time they did that was the last time I heard it.

This morning was another banner morning for the show. While most other programs were discussing Penn State and the ramifications from 7:00 - 7:30 they devoted the entire time to one of the state's great rivalry games. Which one was it?

Iowa - Iowa State - Nah
Creighton - UNI - Nope
Valley - Dowling - Nada
City High - City West - wrong again

Instead they chose to discuss the great rivalry that is Grand View and Drake University in Football and tried to get people excited for a tailgate on a Thursday night for this game. They are just pathetic....

I switched over to the new Miller & Deace Podcast I was saving for later in the day.

You gotta be kidding me. I will stop listening to KXNO in the morning until they take that garbage off. Someone please let me know when those assclowns are off the air.

Anyone listen this morning? Talked a lot about Iowa football. Wondered if/when the Greg Garmon suspension was going to come down. Do these guys even pay attention?

The blowhard, can't remember which is which, put the over/under on Iowa rushing yards at 1300.

To answer your question - No. And the saddest part of it is that no one at that radio station must give a damn.

I mean it's not like that was covered at some obscure press conference. You would think they would be tuned in to Big Ten media day. At the very least read the transcripts.

I mean it's not like that was covered at some obscure press conference. You would think they would be tuned in to Big Ten media day. At the very least read the transcripts.

I would go back to listening tomorrow if they got someone in there who could talk Iowa (and ISU) sports. They ruined local morning drive radio, for me.

I agree. I started listening to them about a year ago and now they drive me nuts. The show is a joke.

Let's have Chris Williams and Jon Miller replace them. They could give prospective on each team and would get good pub for CF and HN.

I think I heard Brinson contemplating about what the suspension will be the afternoon after that PC. It is not just the morning folks that don't pay attention.

Not surprising at all.

My favorite is when he says something incredibly pedestrian like "they want to score more touchdowns" and he thinks it is some sort of incredible insight that he is offering. You can literally hear Miller drop his head in shame at those moments. It is hilarious.

Let's have Chris Williams and Jon Miller replace them. They could give prospective on each team and would get good pub for CF and HN.

I know Miller doesn't like waking up that early. My question is, why do they need to? Why not just record the show the previous day at about 2:00 for and hour and 15 minutes, talk about what they want to talk about, and leave it at that? The only downsides are they they'd be slightly behind the news cycle, and that you couldn't take callers.

But let's face it, KXNO doesn't break anything anyway, and the callers suck 90% of the time, and I say that as somebody that calls in.

I know Miller doesn't like waking up that early. My question is, why do they need to? Why not just record the show the previous day at about 2:00 for and hour and 15 minutes, talk about what they want to talk about, and leave it at that? The only downsides are they they'd be slightly behind the news cycle, and that you couldn't take callers.

But let's face it, KXNO doesn't break anything anyway, and the callers suck 90% of the time, and I say that as somebody that calls in.

Were you the one that called in this morn and asked how many ISU RBs would start for Iowa?? Come on, be honest.

i like how brinson talks this huge game and is wrong 90% of the time. the other day they were talking about the trampoline event in the olympics and brinson goes "it's been in the olympics ever since i can remember!" well what would you know, they looked it up and it's only been an event for last 2 or 3 olympics. idiot.

i like how brinson talks this huge game and is wrong 90% of the time. the other day they were talking about the trampoline event in the olympics and brinson goes "it's been in the olympics ever since i can remember!" well what would you know, they looked it up and it's only been an event for last 2 or 3 olympics. idiot.

Yes, Brinson is a complete blowhard. Without Miller that show is about as bad as TNT. They should just replay the Murph n Andy show from 4-6. Then I could at least have something for the drive home.

Latest posts