Travis and Tim on KXNO

Travis and Tim should discuss how stupid week 0 is in high school football some more, I get it, it's stupid. I've heard them have like 5 different twenty minute discussions about it.

I NEVER thought I'd ever say this but: I'll take Marty Tirrell any day over these guys. Yes, Marty is a tool sometimes and can say outrageous things...but he's interesting to listen to and he actually talks Hawks and Cyclones.

I NEVER thought I'd ever say this but: I'll take Marty Tirrell any day over these guys. Yes, Marty is a tool sometimes and can say outrageous things...but he's interesting to listen to and he actually talks Hawks and Cyclones.

I would rather listen to people talk other sports than listen to Marty stir the pot and throw **** against the wall, especially when it comes to Iowa.

I agree with this.

I'd take Marty over these guys in a heartbeat. Sure he stirred the pot but you could always tell when he was doing it which made it easy to filter him. He's entertaining, no matter what you think of him.

Matt Perrault, on the other hand, is an annoying, unentertaining version of Marty with a huge bent towards the MVC (which is odd). That guy was just as hard to listen to as Travis and Tim, which is why I stopped listening.

Release your anger, then change the way you view the show: it's not a sports show.

It's a couple of doofuses that talk about:
1. Drinking too much
2. Golf outings
3. Women on television, and whether they are hot or not
4. What R-rated movie they took their kid to
5. Gay marriage
6. How stupid hip-hop music is
7. Ross' tailgating

If you just accept that they won't talk about stuff you really care about, then it is only mildly annoying, instead of infuriating.

I have stayed true to my word and not listened to the show lately. I'm glad I didn't hear that garbage this morning. It may have inspired me to send an email to KXNO, and that would have been a huge waste of time. I hope all of you stop listening to these morons too. We really need someone who can adequately talk college football to do the morning show.

Why are people wasting their time listening to these guys again? Give KXNO another year or two to realize they (and Brinson for that matter) suck and bring in some different **** to stick against the wall and see if it sticks.

Van and Bonnie do a better job at sports talk radio then TnT.

Bonnie does a masterful job of breaking down Iowa's opposing team's D each Friday before a game. Everybody is missing the boat by not turning into 1040 for their morning drive.

You just have to ride out the occasional discussion about the Central Iowa Animal Rescue League before the good stuff gets rolling.

It's not just a TnT thing, it seems to be a Des Moines thing...Cotlar and Garman had Kirk on yesterday and I actually had to turn it off when the first question that Garman let Cotlar ask was, "What does Iowa look for in a running back?"...I couldn't bring myself to listen to Kirk having to sit through that...

If I had a dollar for every time the "CotMan" ask a question that had just been answered IMMEDIATELY preceding said question, I could retire...

Example: Tim Dwight was planning on doing every event at the Iowa Games last year and was talking about how difficult the distance runs would be since he's always been a sprinter and the training is totally different than distance training...to which Larry replied, "Why would the distance runs be so difficult for you?"...:confused:

Edit: Not to mention, Out of Bounds' (Garman and Cotlar) idea of "talking more local sports" includes multiple weekly Barnstormer interviews...I-Cubs interviews...Buccaneers hockey...and everything you could possibly EVER want to know about Drake...including what seemed like weekly interviews with Mark Phelps...during the off-season...

Last edited:
It's not just a TnT thing, it seems to be a Des Moines thing...Cotlar and Garman had Kirk on yesterday and I actually had to turn it off when the first question that Garman let Cotlar ask was, "What does Iowa look for in a running back?"...I couldn't bring myself to listen to Kirk having to sit through that...If I had a dollar for every time the "CotMan" ask a question that had just been answered IMMEDIATELY preceding said question, I could retire...Example: Tim Dwight was planning on doing every event at the Iowa Games last year and was talking about how difficult the distance runs would be since he's always been a sprinter and the training is totally different than distance training...to which Larry replied, "Why would the distance runs be so difficult for you?"...:confused:

#rolladex

Des Moines Sports talk really is pretty sh!tty. Wish Cotlar didnt get into it with marty can you imagine Cotlar and Brinson!

Tuned in today to TNT at 7:15am and what do I hear? Talk about Iowa Speedway.....oy vey. I hope all 46 listeners enjoyed that segment!

Latest posts