Travis and Tim on KXNO

shaver363

Has anyone noticed how bad they have gotten lately? On my way to work I always check the station to see if I might get some local football talk and it is just brutal. This week I've encountered:

1. Discussion's about Tim's facebook status
2. Two interviews with the new WHO 13 Traffic girl that Travis thinks is hot
3. A segment called White, Black, Latino or Other - where they read news stories and guess the race of the offender
4. A lively debate on dancing
5. Travis talking about how funny and sophomoric he is - his words not mine

These guys really suck. Jon - you and Steve left a huge void when you left and all you can hear coming from the KXNO studio in the morning is a big sucking sound.

Has anyone noticed how bad they have gotten lately? On my way to work I always check the station to see if I might get some local football talk and it is just brutal. This week I've encountered:

3. A segment called White, Black, Latino or Other - where they read news stories and guess the race of the offender

These guys really suck. Jon - you and Steve left a huge void when you left and all you can hear coming from the KXNO studio in the morning is a big sucking sound.

Lately??? They have been awful since day one. It is completely unlistenable. KXNO is pure crap now outside of Murph and Andy, and Ken Miller. It's quite sad considering how good it used to be.

I heard these as well and she sounds like she's fresh out of the sorority house -every other word out of her mouth was "like". Very annoying. A bit overrated on the hotness level as well imo.

Can't stand them. I only listen to them bc I hate Mike and Mike even more.

M&M >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tim & Travis

I have not listened to these 2 know-nothings in months. I used to tune once in awhile to see if they ever recognized that their demographic base wanted to talk about Iowa and ISU sports 90% of the time; instead it was anything but Iowa and Iowa State. If they ever did get around to talking about the Hawks and Clones, it was a repeat of something they had read somewhere else, and they'd still get their facts wrong. Apparently nothing has changed, and I'm glad to know I didn't waste any more time with these 2.

I can't believe KXNO allows these 2 to hang around. They must be paying them next to nothing.

Such a wasted opportunity for KXNO.

It would be interesting to see their ratings. I used to listen to the whole Miller and Deace show every day.....Travis and Tim, I might tune into for a few minutes a day.

I quit listening to them a loooong time ago. They obviously can't get advertisements either b/c they are pleading for them during murph and andy in a commercial. Hopefully they are fired soon.

I quit listening to them a loooong time ago. They obviously can't get advertisements either b/c they are pleading for them during murph and andy in a commercial. Hopefully they are fired soon.

It is simple. They need one Hawk homer, and one ISU homer, and talk 75% of the time about those two teams. Mix in Big10 talk and Big12 talk and that is about it. Murph and Andy cover the more entertainment stuff, and Miller and Brenson cover more national and professional sports.

What is lacking now in this market is a total focus on ISU, Iowa, Big10, and Big12 that Miller and Deace brought every day.

It is simple. They need one Hawk homer, and one ISU homer, and talk 75% of the time about those two teams. Mix in Big10 talk and Big12 talk and that is about it. Murph and Andy cover the more entertainment stuff, and Miller and Brenson cover more national and professional sports.

What is lacking now in this market is a total focus on ISU, Iowa, Big10, and Big12 that Miller and Deace brought every day.

Very true. Murph and andy have it perfect too b/c all the big stories have been beat to death by the time they are on and normally go off on random crap. Great afternoon radio with the exception of the increase in stuttering lately.

I don't listen often only because I don't get up that early.

But this is the toughest time of the toughest time of the year in this job and city.

I haven't even tried to listen to them since basketball season, when every day was a discussion on Missouri Valley Conference basketball and how great Doug McDermott was.

I haven't even tried to listen to them since basketball season, when every day was a discussion on Missouri Valley Conference basketball and how great Doug McDermott was.

That is the problem with having Missouri Valley BB guys on the radio. Of course they are going to talk about what interests them. That is why you need an Iowa and ISU homer, one of each and go that direction.

If I'm KXNO I go after Austin Arnaud, and Jon Miller.....that would be a great show. What say you Jon? If you can get up for golf, you can certainly do it for work. ;)

But this is the toughest time of the toughest time of the year in this job and city.

I am aware of that, and I'm a regular listener, but man it's been just awful the last few weeks. AWFUL. They've had this chick on the radio the last two days who is from Orlando and is going to be doing the news or something on WHO. Travis talks to her like a teenager with a constant erection. It's borderline disturbing.

But yes, the show has been bad from day one but I'll listen if we're talking local sports, because I'm a local sports nerd. We've jumped the shark into total drivel at this point.

I try to listen about once a month and they've been horrible for as long as I can remember no matter what season it is. It's a radio talent issue. Both are devoid of it.

Latest posts