Tracking 2015 Class Offers

well considering we're his only bcs offer I don't think Steve is going too far out on a limb with this one.

@AKonSports: Per @marcmorehouse, 2014 DE Daniel Vega will join #Iowa as a walk-on. Signed with #Wyoming, but won't get release. Loses eligibilty for '14

What do we know about him?

From Cedar Rapids Xavier -

Committed initially to Illinois State, then got a late offer from wyoming - had offers from the dakota schools, uni, illinois schools -

rivals lists him at 6'4, 260. defensive line project if he has the quicks.

I bet he had an offer to walk on at iowa, and then called to see if it was still available........

Speaking of recruiting, this won't hurt going forward. We've been playing catch-up with many programs when it comes to personnel/staff focused on recruiting. Don't know why it took so long for our coach to pull the trigger and put some add'l dedicated resources on a growing part of the college game. I've been critical of our efforts in this area for several years. Glad to see some things changing to stay in the ever changing weapon's battles.

http://hawkcentral.com/2014/08/05/iowa-announces-football-staff-additions/

So main targets right now are Karan Higdon and Raequan Williams?

Obviously Kyonta Stallworth is an intriguing situation but not necessarily a great shot..

So main targets right now are Karan Higdon and Raequan Williams?

Obviously Kyonta Stallworth is an intriguing situation but not necessarily a great shot..

Karan will be visiting during the Iowa State game. Hopefully Iowa can flip him that weekend.

Iowa has made the top-5 for 4-star safety Marquise Doherty. One thing to keep in mind here is that Doherty reportedly wants to play both baseball and football in college, but Iowa probably has the least impressive baseball program of the five schools on this list.

[tweet]501730883708407808[/tweet]

Also, it looks like September 13 (Iowa State game) will be a big weekend for official visits. All three of Iowa's main recruits from Florida--Adrian Falconer, Karan Higdon, and Jonathan Crawford--will be in town.

[tweet]501514999320150016[/tweet]

Latest posts