Tracking 2013 Class Offers

Rucker is a DB listed a S/DB he can play both, just like Hill could have played both S and CB.
somehow i think he is going to stay committed as all the reports say is others schools are LOOKING with TT as the only school to offer

Red is a good dude, it just gets old when people make fun of his spelling and grammar, if they can't read it, they need to more on. It added nothing to this except flood the thread with arguments over it.

I know he isn't the nicest person in the world sometimes but it is usually because he isn't the first person to throw the first stone, if you know what I mean.

This is a message board to discuss recruiting not spelling or grammar.

First off, Herby is not a "good dude". Good people don't act like he does time and time again. Why do you now feel compelled to defend Herby in every thread now? Herby fully earned the scorn he is receiving. You being his mother in every thread doesn't help. If Herby, and yourself, would like him to be treated with respect then he needs to earn it by treating others and their opinions with respect. This same garbage went on last year and people are tired of it. I put him on ignore list and you still can't get away from his crap.

First off, Herby is not a "good dude". Good people don't act like he does time and time again. Why do you now feel compelled to defend Herby in every thread now? Herby fully earned the scorn he is receiving. You being his mother in every thread doesn't help. If Herby, and yourself, would like him to be treated with respect then he needs to earn it by treating others and their opinions with respect. This same garbage went on last year and people are tired of it. I put him on ignore list and you still can't get away from his crap.

I'm not trying to be his mother but does there seriously need to be a poll taken on him being banned? At worst he gets mad and rants or calls someone a hater, but deal, ignore him.

Maybe I have a different opinion of him than others, maybe I don't feel the need to call him names either. I just like going back and forth with people just like you and I are now, I don't think you are a bad guy and I don't think Herby/Redhawk is either. You put him on ignore because you don't like his posts/rants/arguments, you are smart for doing so.

I really don't like the name calling from anyone regardless of what they bring to this board. Heck just today I was called a very offensive names by another member of this board and he isn't banned for it. I put him on ignore and I am going to leave it alone now.

The fact remains that not very many people on this board "personally know" anyone else on this board, you don't know me, you don't know what I am like. I could be a murderer for all you know. You don't know my situation, Redhawk explained his and many don't believe the one he explained. Maybe I believe him, that is my choice. You can call me stupid for doing so but I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt and not judge them by poor spelling and grammar and rudeness on a message board.

Jake Roh will decide this weekend between Iowa and Boise State. I believe we are recruiting him as a LB, and I believe Boise is looking at him for offense (TE).

Now that the dead period has ended, I expect there will be quite a bit of recruiting news in the next few weeks. National Signing Day is one month from tomorrow.

I've now added Johnny Ragin of Wilsonville, OR to the OP. Ragin is a LB who is committed to BYU, but Rivals is reported that the Hawkeyes have offered him.

I've now added Johnny Ragin of Wilsonville, OR to the OP. Ragin is a LB who is committed to BYU, but Rivals is reported that the Hawkeyes have offered him.
Rivals says his official is 1/25/13 soooo

saupload_lloyd-300x300.jpg

Ragin will visit Cal on Jan 11th, BYU the 18th, and Iowa the 25th. For those star gazers out there, Ragin is a 4* athlete on ESPN and would play LB at Iowa. He was invited to The Opening (same prestigious event Delano Hill and Ross P were attended) and ran an electronically timed 4.71 40, as well as a 34 inch vertical. Just from looking at his size/speed/perceived athleticism, he reminds me a lot of Chirstian Kirksey, who IMO was the MVP of our defense this past season. Ragin also has a 4.0 GPA. He would easily be one of the best commits of our class if we could reel him in.

Ragin will visit Cal on Jan 11th, BYU the 18th, and Iowa the 25th. For those star gazers out there, Ragin is a 4* athlete on ESPN and would play LB at Iowa. He was invited to The Opening (same prestigious event Delano Hill and Ross P were attended) and ran an electronically timed 4.71 40, as well as a 34 inch vertical. Just from looking at his size/speed/perceived athleticism, he reminds me a lot of Chirstian Kirksey, who IMO was the MVP of our defense this past season. Ragin also has a 4.0 GPA. He would easily be one of the best commits of our class if we could reel him in.
Exactly what did Kirksey do that impressed you so much? Serious question.

Exactly what did Kirksey do that impressed you so much? Serious question.

What didn't he do? Kirksey is as versatile a LB as we have had in quite some time. He is excellent in coverage and is routinely matched up against WR's and RB's (and remember that crucial pass deflection against Michigan State?). He typically did a great job setting the perimeter, and made some fantastic plays getting to the boundary for the tackle on WR screens. Throw in 95 tackles, a couple interceptions, a couple TD's, a couple sacks, and a couple fumble recoveries, and it's pretty obvious that Kirksey did a little bit of everything for the Hawkeye defense last year.

What didn't he do? Kirksey is as versatile a LB as we have had in quite some time. He is excellent in coverage and is routinely matched up against WR's and RB's (and remember that crucial pass deflection against Michigan State?). He typically did a great job setting the perimeter, and made some fantastic plays getting to the boundary for the tackle on WR screens. Throw in 95 tackles, a couple interceptions, a couple TD's, a couple sacks, and a couple fumble recoveries, and it's pretty obvious that Kirksey did a little bit of everything for the Hawkeye defense last year.
He is a versatile player and clearly valuable in pass coverage, but his prowess in playing the run is extremely questionable. Iowa's run D was completely worthless by our historical standards, and that includes two other LBs with tremendous tackle stats. I realize that CK is routinely taken out of the box to match up with slot receivers, but there is absolutely nothing elite or even above average in terms of Iowa's run D, by any player position group on the field. I would take a player like Edds over Kirksey any day of the week.

He is a versatile player and clearly valuable in pass coverage, but his prowess in playing the run is extremely questionable. Iowa's run D was completely worthless by our historical standards, and that includes two other LBs with tremendous tackle stats. I realize that CK is routinely taken out of the box to match up with slot receivers, but there is absolutely nothing elite or even above average in terms of Iowa's run D, by any player position group on the field. I would take a player like Edds over Kirksey any day of the week.
Who wouldn't take Edds? He is one of the best Iowa linebackers of all time. And it's not even close. That's like me saying I would take JC over Stanzi.

The run D has more to do with the DL than the LBs. If you put the DL that Edds and Angerer had in front of them in front of 2012 it would look a lot different. No, not as good, but a lot better. Kirksey is the best LB on Iowa's team. He does a goo job against the run, however he is not as big as Edds was and that is why he struggles against the run (though it's not as bad as you say it is). Ragin would hopefully have the size/athletic ability more like Edds to be honest.

Latest posts