Tracking 2013 Class Offers

Another update:
Safety Joshua Jones decommitted from Illinois this week. He visited Pitt last weekend, is visiting Colorado this weekend, and is planning to visit NC State next weekend. I doubt Iowa will get involved with him.

WR Anjeus "AJ' Jones swtiches his verbal commitment from New Mexico State to Colorado State on his visit there last weekend. He is supposed to visit Iowa this coming weekend, so we'll see if he makes it and if he goes 3-for-3 in switching commitments within a 2 week span.

WR Anjeus "AJ' Jones swtiches his verbal commitment from New Mexico State to Colorado State on his visit there last weekend. He is supposed to visit Iowa this coming weekend, so we'll see if he makes it and if he goes 3-for-3 in switching commitments within a 2 week span.

Obviously a good WR is a glaring concern but how many are they going to get? I would be interested to see the staffs thoughts on all these WRs they are going after, not to mention they have quite a few already here. Not many have showed much but since this isn't the SEC they have to find things for them to do.

I've read that WR Andrew Stone of IWCC will walk-on for the Hawks.

Edit: I see now there's a thread on him. He's been added to the OP.

2013 LB recruit Reggie Spearman (left) with 2014 LB recruit Clifton Garrett at today's Core 6 showcase in Chicago.

720842304.jpg

Quick update:
Multiple sites are reporting that WRs Brian Lemelle, D'Andre Fuller, and Anjeus Jones are all taking OVs to Iowa this weekend.

I would be surprised to see Iowa take two of those three.

Edit: 247Sports is also reporting that WR Cameron Smith is also taking his OV to Iowa City this weekend.

Here's a full list of official visitors, according to 247Sports.

Quick update:
Multiple sites are reporting that WRs Brian Lemelle, D'Andre Fuller, and Anjeus Jones are all taking OVs to Iowa this weekend.

Edit: 247Sports is also reporting that WR Cameron Smith is also taking his OV to Iowa City this weekend.

Jumper we still in on Spearman at all??

Jumper we still in on Spearman at all??

Spearman will be on campus this weekend (if he is not already there). As of now it looks like he will be announcing on Signing Day between Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, and Purdue. I don't have much access to any premium articles or anything, but I would guess it is pretty much between Illinois and Iowa at this point.

Quick update:

247Sports has a VIP article reporting that one of these WRs is not visiting this weekend. The URL identifies Anjeus Jones as the subject of the article.

South Oak Cliff's Anjeus Jones no longer taking official to Iowa

Spearman will be on campus this weekend (if he is not already there). As of now it looks like he will be announcing on Signing Day between Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, and Purdue. I don't have much access to any premium articles or anything, but I would guess it is pretty much between Illinois and Iowa at this point.

I am pretty sure you're right, it's between Illinois and Iowa.

I don't like that is family wants him to stay in state. That doesn't bode well for Iowa.

Everytime I see that the family has this issue I always think about Melvin Gordon.

I am pretty sure you're right, it's between Illinois and Iowa.

I don't like that is family wants him to stay in state. That doesn't bode well for Iowa.

Everytime I see that the family has this issue I always think about Melvin Gordon.

However, making another trip to I.C is a good sign. His parents could have said no.

Gordon not coming here may have had something to do with the fight he allegedly witnessed in the Iowa locker room on his official visit. Also, when given the choice to play RB at Iowa or Wisconsin, the choice would be pretty obvious for most people.

Gordon not coming here may have had something to do with the fight he allegedly witnessed in the Iowa locker room on his official visit. Also, when given the choice to play RB at Iowa or Wisconsin, the choice would be pretty obvious for most people.

I wouldn't say it is pretty obvious. Iowa has just as good of a O-line year in and year out then Wisconsin. We get 4 star running backs that play for Iowa. I realize that not all stay the 4 years, but you can't say that the obvious choice is automatic Wisconsin. Iowa is usually good at running the ball. As is Wisconsin. If I was choosing between the two, I wouldn't have a problem going to either one.

And you prove that you're clueless. Iowa routinely has horrible rushing stats, especially when considering the type of offense that we run. Iowa is consistently at the very bottom of B1G and national rushing stats. Do you even pay attention to the program?

Iowa rushing offense stats in the B1G

2012 12th out of 12
2011 12th out of 12
2010 8th out of 11
2009 10th out of 11
2008 (best RB in the country) 4th out of 11
2007 10th out of 11
2006 7th out of 11
2005 7th out of 11
2004 116th out of 117 D1 teams

It is a huge myth that Iowa is usually good at running the football under KF.

Last edited:

Latest posts