Tracking 2013 Class Offers

I've updated the OP to include the most up to date star rankings. Delano Hill is Iowa's only consensus 4-star recruit right row. Trevon Young is the most polarizing player on the board. 247Sports has him as a 4-star; Rivals has him as a 3-star; and Scout has him as a 2-star. As of today, Iowa has the #41 class according to 247Sports, the #49 class according to Rivals, and the #45 class according to Scout.

Allen Treiu just posted on Twitter than Michigan has offered Delano Hill. I am not a paying subscriber to Scout so I couldn't read the article. Really hoping that he doesn't jump at the offer, I hope he didn't grow up a Michigan fan and that they are his dream school. He just re-confirmed his committment to Iowa last week or so ago. Lets hope this doesn't affect his committment to Iowa.

Some reporting that Michigan is making a late push for Delano Hill. Nice subtle reminder that it's not over until Feb for any verbals. Iowa staff doesn't need reminding of this as witness to the number of current verbals that were in last weekend to "rekindle the fire". Who knows who we're trying to hold on to on a daily basis. Plenty of ammunition that opposing coaches can use on Iowa these days.

We need an early signing period in addition to the Feb timeframe.

We need an early signing period in addition to the Feb timeframe.

I don't know if an early signing period is actually going to help. If you move up the signing period then the other coaches will just move up their late push. They will make their moves based on the signing periods regardless of the date.

if they had a early signing period like late in August just before HS FB started, it would allow the kids the chance to concentrate on their season. or they can wait til the late signing period.
yeah I know coaches can get fired, all the NCAA has to do is grant a waiver to those affected.
one thing it would do is let the coaches work on uncommitted players rather than holding the hands of the ones that maybe commtted but may be waivering

if they had a early signing period like late in August just before HS FB started, it would allow the kids the chance to concentrate on their season. or they can wait til the late signing period.
yeah I know coaches can get fired, all the NCAA has to do is grant a waiver to those affected.
one thing it would do is let the coaches work on uncommitted players rather than holding the hands of the ones that maybe commtted but may be waivering

I agree that an early signing period in August would allow kids to focus on school and their upcoming season but I don't see how it would change anything with how coaches go after committed but unsigned players. Coaches are always going to go after unsigned players, no matter what they will just push harder and sooner on those players that are committed other schools. If you move up the signing period, they whole process gets moved up not just the signing period. It isn't logical to think that just because they have an earlier signing period would cause coaches to stop making late pushes at committed kids.

my thought is those that sign can't be recruited by anybody else, another thing it would do is make the fence sitters wait longer before committing, and as early as these kids commited we might have had most of them signed and we may not have lost Kenney nor be worried about Hill,
but without a early signing period we will never know.
one more thing a bad season like this, would happen after they sign, so this cannot affect their commitment

my thought is those that sign can't be recruited by anybody else, another thing it would do is make the fence sitters wait longer before committing, and as early as these kids commited we might have had most of them signed and we may not have lost Kenney nor be worried about Hill,
but without a early signing period we will never know.
one more thing a bad season like this, would happen after they sign, so this cannot affect their commitment

I think one thing Ferentz and his staff does is talk to kids about not committing until they are 100%. Lets be honest about David Kenny, he was 100% until his dad took the Indiana job. That still ticks me off, not at him or his dad and I don't think Indiana hired him to get his son's committment but still just rubs me the wrong way.

at least they took one from Wisconsin as well.
but if you look other teams are losing players as well Texas just had their 4th decommit yeasterday
and Florida just flipped a WR recruit to them from Clemson
the poaching of players is alive and well, this is why we need a early signing period. the good news if you can call it that, is that with who is trying to get him to flip, shows he is a very good prospect for LSU and Michigan to come calling

at least they took one from Wisconsin as well.
but if you look other teams are losing players as well Texas just had their 4th decommit yeasterday
and Florida just flipped a WR recruit to them from Clemson
the poaching of players is alive and well, this is why we need a early signing period. the good news if you can call it that, is that with who is trying to get him to flip, shows he is a very good prospect for LSU and Michigan to come calling

Bingo, LSU has a tradition of good DBs and if they want Delano Hill that is a good sign.

Maybe now we reoffer Edwards since Garmon is leaving?

I think that bridge was burned but I like Shaun Daniels current BC commit who just visited. He is the traditional Iowa back. He would be a great pick up if they can get him to flip.

I would like to see Cory Clement flip from Wisky, but I doubt it happens. I didn't think the hawks would go after another S, since they have 2 already committed. Is it a sign that Hill is heading to UM? Not sure what to think of this one.

with Michigan going after Hill, it just show how big of a Hypocrite Hoke is, Hoke throw a fit and implements some sort of restriction on Michigan commits. then goes after other schools commits.
that's about as 2 faced as you can get.

The guys over on one of the Michigan boards don't really seem to be getting their hopes up. They had quite a good discussion on Iowa going on. They made a few good points too:

Magnus: All I said was that Michigan hasn't done a very good job of producing safeties in the past 20 years or so. By the way, Iowa's crop includes Tyler Sash, Amari Spievey, Charles Godfrey, Sean Considine, Bob Sanders, Matt Bowen... That's not a star-studded crop outside of Bob Sanders, but those guys are/were pretty good players.And the best of Michigan's safeties - Ernest Shazor, Jamar Adams, Jordan Kovacs - are/were fringe NFL guys.
JimBobTressel: You're kidding right? Iowa offered first and has stuck through thick and thin with him. Not to mention they seem to churn players, especially defensive players, who make NFL rosters.
Rabbit21: Completely agree, he has every reason to stick with his commitment and Iowa definitely runs a good cover 2 scheme to help prep for the pros.

Michigan Offers Delano Hill | mgoblog

to bad the Iowa fans have nothing to say that is good about the Iowa coaches, when the Michigan fans say good thing about how players are developed
Michigan is noted for developing WR's so they get the 4 and 5* kids
USC is noted for RB'S, and they had Redd transfer from PSU and just got 2 of the top RB's in the country to commit in Isaacs 5* and 4* Davis to commit, its all about perceptions of what a school does with the players they get,
Iowa does a very good job with DB's, OL and TE's.
the fact bthat Green has made a name for himself in the NFL has helped with recruiting RB'S,
the problem is, its keeping them past their FR year let alone Sophamore year

And shortly after I post this, 247Sports reports that Iowa may not be done at DT after all. They have an article up about Maliek Collins of Kansas City, and they're reporting that LeVar Woods visited him on Monday. Collins currently holds offers from Kansas, Mizzou, ISU, Nebraska, and Tulsa.

Also, his senior highlights are jaw dropping.

Maliek Collins, 2012 Highlights - YouTube

Rivals is now reporting that Iowa has offered Collins.

Too bad Iowa fans have nothing good to say about the Iowa coaches when even the Michigan fans say good things about how players are developed.

Michigan is noted for developing WR's so they get the 4 and 5* kids. USC is noted for RB'S, and they had Redd transfer from PSU and they just got 2 of the top RB's in the country to commit in Isaacs (5*) and Davis (4*).

It's all about the perceptions of what a school does with the players they get. Iowa does a very good job with DB's, OL and TE's. The fact that Green has made a name for himself in the NFL has helped with recruiting RB'S, but as we've seen the problem is keeping them past their FR year, let alone their SO year
Don't you put that evil on me Herby Bobby! I am in support of this staff and have said plenty of good things about them, as evidenced quite blatantly by my username. I am also an Iowa fan. I've seen others say nice stuff too. So there are, in fact, Iowa fans who have good things to say about the Iowa coaches. Quit generalizing and grouping me with them.

But yeah, of course they have nice things to say. They're doing what every fan base does and rationalizing the loss of a decent recruit, especially when they're losing him to a school who will be sitting on their ***** all January.

Also, our DL has been pretty solid in the NFL recently. Makin' plays and such.

Latest posts