Tracking 2013 Class Offers

ESPN showing that LS Tyler Kluver from Marshalltown, IA commited.current LS will be a SR, and his backup Bigach is graduating in spring
Welcome to last August. Kid has been on board for quite awhile, and will be a walk-on. He is ranked the #2 LS prospect in the nation by some scouting service and will actually be snapping in some All-Star game in Orlando coming up.

Welcome to last August. Kid has been on board for quite awhile, and will be a walk-on. He is ranked the #2 LS prospect in the nation by some scouting service and will actually be snapping in some All-Star game in Orlando coming up.
rivals does not show him as a commit
and it just showed up on ESPN, so you must have better sources than Rivals and ESPN

Jacquille Veii who has an Iowa offer was asked to decommit from Maryland due to grades. He's since then got his grades up and is now eligible. Maryland moved on and is no longer in the picture. He holds offers from Iowa, Purdue and Boston College among others. He's saying it's down to Iowa and Purdue and Iowa is his favorite. He's being recruited by Darrel Wilson but says Iowa likes him on offense as well. He's listed as an athlete right now. From the tape, it looks like he has some good wheels. He's said he'd like to announce his commitment at the Crab Bowl on December 21.

Jacquille Veii - Yahoo! Sports

JACQUILLE VEII (ROUGH EDIT) HIGHLIGHT TAPE - YouTube

Veii is very lowly rated, however I'd like to have him as he has speed and quickness. he could be a good WR or a decent DB. I'd be happy to see him on board.

Veii is very lowly rated, however I'd like to have him as he has speed and quickness. he could be a good WR or a decent DB. I'd be happy to see him on board.

I wasn't that excited by his rating either, but then I watched his tape and liked his speed. I can see him at multiple positions if he chooses the Hawks. I would like to see a guy like that in the slot. Hawks need speed on offense.

just wondering, but what do you think JUCO Powell bring at 4.4 40
Mitchell 4.48 40
Harris 4.4 40
Willies 4.4 40, all these are commits in this class,
at this late stage they need one more LB and a RB

just wondering, but what do you think JUCO Powell bring at 4.4 40
Mitchell 4.48 40
Harris 4.4 40
Willies 4.4 40, all these are commits in this class,
at this late stage they need one more LB and a RB

If those times are right that's great, however I don't believe those times to be accurate. They may be, but I like to see video.

I think the remaining needs are RB, LB (I'd like to see Roh, or if Ramirez at MLB the mizzou decommit) that'd be amazing but I highly doubt it), I think DE would be a need, but right now there don't look to be any possibilities there, so I doubt that happens, and OL is always a need, but I'm hoping the hawks fill this need more in the 2014 class. Also, Veii at corner. I'd like to see us get one more athlete there.

Not sure how many scholarhsips are left and who the hawks can land though.

we have enough DB's and as far as I can tell and heard. they will have a class of either 18 or 19. so I see 2-3 more.
Ramirez is a long shot, Roh might be the best bet at LB, I am watching RB Daniels the BC commit,
then there is 1 or 2 Wiscy commits that Iowa was recruiting DE Chikewe Obashi and RB Corey Clement
as for the DB's Fleming switched back to DB Lomax should be good to go by fall and Iowa is stacked at that position with Hill sticking by his commitment, the need for a DB is not that big a need that the depth can't be built on in the 2014 class

we have enough DB's and as far as I can tell and heard. they will have a class of either 18 or 19. so I see 2-3 more.
Ramirez is a long shot, Roh might be the best bet at LB, I am watching RB Daniels the BC commit,
then there is 1 or 2 Wiscy commits that Iowa was recruiting DE Chikewe Obashi and RB Corey Clement
as for the DB's Fleming switched back to DB Lomax should be good to go by fall and Iowa is stacked at that position with Hill sticking by his commitment, the need for a DB is not that big a need that the depth can't be built on in the 2014 class

So you don't want Veii? he's either a WR or a DB. I like him at DB. I think we have plenty of WR with the same skill package as he could bring to the table.

What about QB Damon Mitchell? He's a dual threat QB committed to Georgia Tech, but is said to be looking around. We already have Shimonek (and 3 other scholarship QBs), but what about an athletic QB, would you take him?

Oh, I know you like numbers so scout has him as a 2*, 6'3" 200 lbs

Last edited:
So you don't want Veii? he's either a WR or a DB. I like him at DB. I think we have plenty of WR with the same skill package as he could bring to the table.

What about QB Damon Mitchell? He's a dual threat QB committed to Georgia Tech, but is said to be looking around. We already have Shimonek (and 3 other scholarship QBs), but what about an athletic QB, would you take him?

Oh, I know you like numbers so scout has him as a 2*, 6'3" 200 lbs
looking at the needs Veii is the last one Iowa needs
we lost Davis and Staggs as the WR's, and Hyde, Donatel [walkon] and Castilo [2*] primarily backups
to replace them we have at WR
Powell a JUCO
Harris
Mitchell
Willies
at DB we have
Hill
Rucker
Warfield
as for Roh he has had the following schools offer
Arizona
Boise St
Duke
Iowa
Nevada
Oregon St
San Diego St
Washington St
not a bad list of schools, when you look at who Iowa lost and who they lose next year
WR and DB's are well taken care of. not to mention these players don't take as long as LB'rs do to adjust,
Iowa loses all 3 starters next spring, so why not get a 3rd LB'r now?

oh by the way, Rivals, ESPN and Max preps list Roh as a 3*.
as far as Scouts credibility, they listed Ward a Army AA and top 150 4* by eveyone else, as just a 3*