Tracking 2013 Class Offers

with the following already on the roster not sure how bad we need another that Iowa can't had more quality depth next year.
Draper SO
Campbell RSSO
Buford RSFR
Fleming RSFR
Gair/Morgan RSFR
Law JR
Lomax RSSO
Lile RSFR
Overton RSSO out of California
then you add the following
Hill
Rucker
Warfield
that makes 12 that are RSSO or younger
how many more does Iowa need?

with the following already on the roster not sure how bad we need another that Iowa can't had more quality depth next year.
Draper SO
Campbell RSSO
Buford RSFR
Fleming RSFR
Gair/Morgan RSFR
Law JR
Lomax RSSO
Lile RSFR
Overton RSSO out of California
then you add the following
Hill
Rucker
Warfield
that makes 12 that are RSSO or younger
how many more does Iowa need?

so you think Iowa needs 18% of its roster to be DB's
then you add in the 10 WR'S on the roster plus the 7 other WR'S and DB's that means the roster is made up of 34 players to = 40% just between DB's and WR's.
at some point nyou have to realize their are more important area's of need that have to be filled

I am going with 8, then they can hold their own DB team scrimmages. I am sure a few of these guys played WR or QB in HS. The bigger guys can play offensive and defensive line.

They can have an annual game, it will be better than the football season itself.

I am going with 8, then they can hold their own DB team scrimmages. I am sure a few of these guys played WR or QB in HS. The bigger guys can play offensive and defensive line.

They can have an annual game, it will be better than the football season itself.
This is a good one ;)

oh herby. I'm not saying Veii is the biggest need, but there are 3 open schollies, at least. So if you get Roh and Daniels then to me it is up to the best athlete you can get. Either Spearman or Veii.

I never once said I didn't want Roh, or that we needed him. But what if he doesn't choose Iowa? then what? Just leave the scholly open?

oh herby. I'm not saying Veii is the biggest need, but there are 3 open schollies, at least. So if you get Roh and Daniels then to me it is up to the best athlete you can get. Either Spearman or Veii.

I never once said I didn't want Roh, or that we needed him. But what if he doesn't choose Iowa? then what? Just leave the scholly open?
mayber it ends up going to Malloy or to Weisman, then there is always the Gray Shirt WR Vandeberg a 3* on Scout ends up on scholarship now rather thyan waiting a year, then we have LS Kluver who is walking on that could be put on scholarship, there is no shortages of players to get a scholarship,
not to mention there is still 50 or so days till signing day to fill those last 3 scholarships

oh by the way with all the coaching changes, there are alot of kids out there waiting to see who there next Coach will be and may change their mind
Clemment 4* RB current Wisconsin Commit
Obashi 4* DE wisconsin commit
Daniel 3* RB BC commit
Elder 4* ATH uncommitted
Roh 3* ATH uncommitted
Walker 3* S from TX uncommitted
Ramirez 4* LB uncommitted
Spearman 3* LB Illinois commit that visited
Dunbar 3* DE uncommitted
Augustus 3* DT uncommitted
Geers 3* OT 6'7 275 lbs no offer but shows interest and is a area of need
there is no shortage of players or the quality, personally I am not worried about how the last 3 scholly are used

What about Rairdon? Isn't he a Wisconsin verbal with previous Iowa offer?

He is, but I believe that Iowa stopped recruiting him after getting commitments from Gressel and Bazata. I'm not sure Iowa has a spot for him given the DTs that signed last year or are planning to sign this year.

He is, but I believe that Iowa stopped recruiting him after getting commitments from Gressel and Bazata. I'm not sure Iowa has a spot for him given the DTs that signed last year or are planning to sign this year.

And shortly after I post this, 247Sports reports that Iowa may not be done at DT after all. They have an article up about Maliek Collins of Kansas City, and they're reporting that LeVar Woods visited him on Monday. Collins currently holds offers from Kansas, Mizzou, ISU, Nebraska, and Tulsa.

Also, his senior highlights are jaw dropping.

Maliek Collins, 2012 Highlights - YouTube

mayber it ends up going to Malloy or to Weisman, then there is always the Gray Shirt WR Vandeberg a 3* on Scout ends up on scholarship now rather thyan waiting a year, then we have LS Kluver who is walking on that could be put on scholarship, there is no shortages of players to get a scholarship,
not to mention there is still 50 or so days till signing day to fill those last 3 scholarships

Weisman is getting one. period. That is a fact. But if KF gives a scholarship to Kluver instead of Veii, I will not be real excited by that.

Weisman is getting one. period. That is a fact. But if KF gives a scholarship to Kluver instead of Veii, I will not be real excited by that.
why not Kluver people say he is the #2 LS in the country, and is the biggest area of need for the punter, FG Kicker and extra points, who better to get a schollarship.
besides you are looking at this as if you are recruiting for one of the top 22 positions, in actuallity, they are filling # 82 - 85 on the scholarship list and these last 3 scholarship players will red shirt.
now if we were discussing WR Treadwell the top WR in the country then I would agree.
also if Veii is going to end up at RB, I would be more excited, but at this time as a WR recruit, he is just a meh recruit, get him fine, if not oh well.
and Malloy is getting a schollarship as well.
and Vandeberg will get a scholarship in 2014.. but he could get one in the 2013 class if there is one available rather than having to wait a year

why not Kluver people say he is the #2 LS in the country, and is the biggest area of need for the punter, FG Kicker and extra points, who better to get a schollarship.
besides you are looking at this as if you are recruiting for one of the top 22 positions, in actuallity, they are filling # 82 - 85 on the scholarship list and these last 3 scholarship players will red shirt.
now if we were discussing WR Treadwell the top WR in the country then I would agree.
also if Veii is going to end up at RB, I would be more excited, but at this time asd a WR recruit, he is just meh recruit, get him fine, if not oh well

What is it about Veii that you see that makes you think he would be a better RB than WR? He seems like an athlete that Iowa really needs. You talk about playmakers all the time but this kid seems like a playmaker regardless of RB or WR. Plus since you are so pro position switching why not bring him and see which one works out the best for him.

Besides what is the average size of a LS? Isn't he kind of small right now?

I've updated the OP to include the most up to date star rankings. Delano Hill is Iowa's only consensus 4-star recruit right row. Trevon Young is the most polarizing player on the board. 247Sports has him as a 4-star; Rivals has him as a 3-star; and Scout has him as a 2-star. As of today, Iowa has the #41 class according to 247Sports, the #49 class according to Rivals, and the #45 class according to Scout.

A couple of updates:
-WR Andre Patton committed to Rutgers on November 30.
-According to 247Sports, coach Darrell Wilson will be visiting WR Brian Lemelle today.
-Cornelius Elder has scheduled an OV to Ohio State for January. It's looking like Iowa is out of the picture on him, if they were ever in it to begin with.

I've updated the OP to include the most up to date star rankings. Delano Hill is Iowa's only consensus 4-star recruit right row. Trevon Young is the most polarizing player on the board. 247Sports has him as a 4-star; Rivals has him as a 3-star; and Scout has him as a 2-star. As of today, Iowa has the #41 class according to 247Sports, the #49 class according to Rivals, and the #45 class according to Scout.

Delano Hill is the guy I am most excited about just from reading the things that most of the recruiting websites wrote about him.

It will be interesting to see where Trevon Young ends up, does anyone know Iowa is going to put him LB or DE? He could end up being the steal of this class but according to 247Sports though.

I gues its because one site lists him as a RB, one site a WR, and another lists him as a ATH
to me he just adds depth, he does not bring more to the table that some of the others like Harris or Mitchell do

I gues its because one site lists him as a RB, one site a WR, and another lists him as a ATH
to me he just adds depth, he does not bring more to the table that some of the others like Harris or Mitchell do

It will be interesting to see if some of these freshman come in and push for playing time. I like this recruiting class a lot and can't wait to see what they can do.

Is WR what position Iowa wants to bring him in as?

Latest posts