Tracking 2013 Class Offers

Iowa's last commit was Aug. 12. Before the season. This season really hasn't encouraged too many to commit though, I'd say.

I didn't expect many to commit during the season regardless. One of the drawbacks from having the class practically filled before the season starts I suppose.

edit: but yes, this season didn't help matters

You might even say it was wise of the coaching staff to push early recruiting so hard..

Who knows what players might have backed off Iowa early had they not committed early and made those bonds (Obviously they can decommit at any time.. but it's something to consider)

Not going to a bowl game could be a blessing in disguise for this program.........more time to put the boss and his key recruiting personnel on the road in an aggressive sales campaign.
Not really. Most of the class has been decided for months now. Their are only 2 or 3 spots left. That is some really weak spin that Kirk has put out there in his last couple of pressers. It might help them with the 2014 class, although I would argue a better season would have been a lot more helpful.

WTF?????? Good luck to him.....

He was down to Minnesota, Cal, and Iowa. Iowa pulled their offer, and Cal fired their coach. He went where he could. He knew he was unlikely to get many more offers since every team in the nation knew his name and had seen his film, so he accepted the best offer that was on the table.

Not really. Most of the class has been decided for months now. Their are only 2 or 3 spots left. That is some really weak spin that Kirk has put out there in his last couple of pressers. It might help them with the 2014 class, although I would argue a better season would have been a lot more helpful.

Not really..........probably at least 5 spots to go and oftentimes a transfer or two that can arise. They have a number of 2013 / 2014 candidates coming in this weekend plus all coaches hit the road again Monday according to his presser. This class isn't decided until Feb when signatures are obtained. They will revisit many of the current verbals to make sure they are still aboard as we'll as seeing some of the 2014 candidates...........nothing is "decided" until Feb.

* Berkley Edwards - wouldn't rule out the fact that his father could be a handful to deal with as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see him jump ship if something else comes up before Feb.

He was down to Minnesota, Cal, and Iowa. Iowa pulled their offer, and Cal fired their coach. He went where he could. He knew he was unlikely to get many more offers since every team in the nation knew his name and had seen his film, so he accepted the best offer that was on the table.

Any idea on why Iowa pulled the scholly? Must be going after that Wegher kid. Or is it Wegher's kid?

yeah Iowa coaches don't want the best talent they want the low talent kids to try to coach up...

Well it has worked in the past, but they need to start thinking about changing their approach. I just didn't know if they were going hard after that Boston College decommit or what.

I have no problems with Iowa moving on from Edwards. He may end up being a good player but he's not the kind of talent that you allow to string you along and risk end up being left at the altar.

Cal got a commit from a 4 star RB earlier this week which probably had a bearing on the Edward's decision coming when it did.......bird in the hand vs two in the bush.

Edwards 3 BCS level offers were Iowa, Minnesota and Cal, the rest of his offers were from everybody in the MAC, and Iowa just offered a RB who had commited to BC who just fired their coach

Rivals reports that Solomon Warfield and his teammate Lavonte Robinson will be visiting this weekend. Robinson plays MLB and has offers from Toledo and Eastern Michigan.

ESPN recruiting has Mike Mitchell having interest in Iowa and scout doesnt even list him. Same with Cornelius Elder.

OSU has a commit from 4* RB Elliot out of Missouri, don't know how much effort they are putting into recruiting Elder and UCLA has a commitment from 4* RB Lee, again not sure how hard they are pursuing him.
Iwouldn't sell Iowa short as they have landed 3 straight 4* RB's,
Wegher
Coker
Garmon last year.. ever since Greene has been drafted and is having success in the NFL Towa is looking better to top RB's, I was hoping McNutt would have had some success in the NFL and was hoping that Davis would at least get drafted no matter how low he went, to improve Iowa's standing in the eyes of better WR recruits.
as for Scout they do a lousy job of keeping their boards up to date

Last edited:
Quick update: 247Sports now lists an Iowa offer for Northwestern DL commit Ray Davison of Encino, CA. Not sure what the story or interest level is there.