Tracking 2013 Class Offers

You guys are complete idiots if you can't realize what Erb has accomplished, from Greene, to Wegher and Robinson as freshmen, to Coker, to Bullock and Weisman. Consistently molding lower level talent into quality B1G players, and taking the one truly elite player and helping him maximize his potential. And more germane to this thread, he is unquestionably one of the top 2 or 3 recruiters on the entire staff, and most knowledgeable folks would put him right at the top. In short, you guys just aren't very bright. Congrats on that.

You guys are complete idiots if you can't realize what Erb has accomplished, from Greene, to Wegher and Robinson as freshmen, to Coker, to Bullock and Weisman. Consistently molding lower level talent into quality B1G players, and taking the one truly elite player and helping him maximize his potential. And more germane to this thread, he is unquestionably one of the top 2 or 3 recruiters on the entire staff, and most knowledgeable folks would put him right at the top. In short, you guys just aren't very bright. Congrats on that.

Says the guy who ripped on me for saying our running backs were serviceable then went on to talk about our coach coaching up our serviceable running backs.

Whoa, nobody on here said he was a bad coach or recruiter. Nobody even said he should be fired or anything like that. I know I didn't. I simply believe that he isn't a great RB coach. He got our serviceable running backs to be serviceable, even above average, but like a few of us had said that is mostly due to the OL. Now, I mentioned the attrition thing because I do see a correlation between attrition and the coach. I don't know if he promised kids stuff, or wasn't tough enough or what, but many RBs left early. I think if some of those guys stuck around and developed we could say he coached them up, but honestly who the heck knows. When is the last time we had a guy play 2 years in a row.

And before you say the coach doesn't cause attrition, well maybe not, but he sure can contribute to it. Just look at the DL with Kaz

Here is a recruiting head scratcher...

Berkley Edwards - Yahoo! Sports

Running back Berkley Edwards, brother of Michigan great, Braylon Edwards, was down to Cal and Iowa as his top two choices. With Cal letting their coach go today it seemed like Iowa was in pretty good standing for Edwards' services.

Not so fast my friend. Apparently one of the Rival's recruitniks spoke to Edwards' dad today and Iowa pulled their offer last week? WTF?

Here is a recruiting head scratcher...

Berkley Edwards - Yahoo! Sports

Running back Berkley Edwards, brother of Michigan great, Braylon Edwards, was down to Cal and Iowa as his top two choices. With Cal letting their coach go today it seemed like Iowa was in pretty good standing for Edwards' services.

Not so fast my friend. Apparently one of the Rival's recruitniks spoke to Edwards' dad today and Iowa pulled their offer last week? WTF?

Sounds like the coaches didn't appreciate the hesitance he's shown in committing. Berkley and his dad pulled back the past few weeks in fear of Kirk getting fired.

247Sports is reporting that Elijah Daniel has decommitted from Clemson and Nick Ramirez has decommitted from Mizzou. I'm not sure whether or not Iowa will be a player in either guy's recruitment from here.

Daniels is supposed to go to Indiana, just like Kenney, and rumor has it that recent Wisconsin, Lathum, thats 3 4* DL Tto decommit that will end up at Indiana

as for Edwards he has offersw from Minnesota, Cal and everybody from the MAC Conference, these decommits just prove kids decommit everywhere. so no need to take the loss of Kenney personal as KF losing kids because of a bad season.
there is a kid from Tennessee by the name of Elder 5'11 170 lbs 4.5 40 with offers from the likes of GT. OSU, UCLA, Neb and both Mississippi schools besides Iowa

I have no idea where you guys are getting this information and as of today Daniel and Edwards still have offers from Iowa. I have no subscription to any of the recruiting sites so I only know what scout shows for free. Is there any new news on the recruiting front involving these players or other hopeful Hawkeyes?

Multiple sources are reporting that Iowa has offered WR/TE Jake Roh of Chapparral HS in Scottsdale, AZ. Roh is a former teammate of elite QB Connor Brewer, a freshman at Texas. His brother is Michigan senior DE Craig Roh. Iowa is the first Midwestern school to offer the 3-star prospect, but he has several offers from west coast schools including Oregon State, Boise State, SDSU, and Arizona. It is worth noting that his family has some roots in the Midwest; his father played basketball at Grand Valley State.

Jake Roh Interview - YouTube

Jake Roh Junior HIghlights- Final - YouTube

He brother is an athletic freak. I was slightly disappointed when I saw him first listed as an offensive prospect, but Rivals says we are looking at him as an LB. Intriguing. Iowa has a had quite a few players with siblings at other B1G schools. Micah Hyde, Christian Kirksey, Cole Fisher, and Ryan Ward on the current team.

Not going to a bowl game could be a blessing in disguise for this program.........more time to put the boss and his key recruiting personnel on the road in an aggressive sales campaign.

Not going to a bowl game could be a blessing in disguise for this program.........more time to put the boss and his key recruiting personnel on the road in an aggressive sales campaign.

I guess that's one way to look at it..

The kids on this team really could have used the extra practices though..

Iowa's last commit was Aug. 12. Before the season. This season really hasn't encouraged too many to commit though, I'd say.