Tracking 2013 Class Offers

Say what you want about Edwards but he reportedly made a very favorable impression at LSU's summer camp. He is not seen as an everyday RB at LSU more of a utility weapon. Iowa, on the other hand, is not LSU.....we would take him as a RB. LSU is still talking to him so he must have some talent. California has offered and they have one of the best RB coaches in the country. Ron Gould has a very admirable long record of success with RB's at Cal and in the Pac 12.....four currently on NFL rosters.More importantly all this seems to point to some delay in Edward's decision making which I don't interpret as being a plus for Hawk recruiting just as I don't interpret all the quiet following the big recruiting weekend at the PSU/ IA game as a positive. Our last verbal was August and he's now reported taking a visit elsewhere.Momentum is hard to find around the Hawk program right now.
Cal is going to have that great RB coach for about another week and a half when the entire staff gets sh^tcanned when they finish 3-9.

I think Erb has done a very good job for Iowa, its not his fault that players get hurt or leave for various reasons beyound his control, what I do like about this guy would be his connections in Calif.

Isn't Erb widely considered one of our top recruiters, and our primary guy in the Chicago area, where we have been exceptionally successful in the KF era? Also, don't we routinely turn out some excellent RBs, even though 3 or 4 a year get kicked off the team/chased off of campus by the administraton? It would seem to me that Erb is unquestionably one of the most valuable members of the staff.

Isn't Erb widely considered one of our top recruiters, and our primary guy in the Chicago area, where we have been exceptionally successful in the KF era? Also, don't we routinely turn out some excellent RBs, even though 3 or 4 a year get kicked off the team/chased off of campus by the administraton? It would seem to me that Erb is unquestionably one of the most valuable members of the staff.

I think you mean we turn out some serviceable RBs.

The last really good RB was Greene. Coker was ok, but look what he is doing at Stony Brook, he's not even their best running back. The scheme/Oline make our RBs serviceable. That's why when we get a guy like Greene that actually is a good RB he does great things. I would say Iowa has not had very many "pretty good" Rbs in the KF era. There have been a few, but not many.

The last really good RB was Greene. Coker was ok, but look what he is doing at Stony Brook, he's not even their best running back. The scheme/Oline make our RBs serviceable. That's why when we get a guy like Greene that actually is a good RB he does great things. I would say Iowa has not had very many "pretty good" Rbs in the KF era. There have been a few, but not many.

kinda a short memory, we will never know how good they would have been as a lot of them left before their career was over.. Coker letft with over 2000 yards rushing in a year and a half and in 11th all time in Iowa's history for RB's, if you expected him to break Grens record 1 in his sophamore season, you are expecting to much, Coker also is one of a few to have 2 200+ plus games in 18 games.
wish I could understand your logic of what a good RB should look like

Last edited:
kinda a short memory, we will never know how good they would have been as a lot of them left before their career was over.. Coker letft with over 2000 yards rushing in a year and a half and in 11th all time in Iowa's history for RB's, if you expected him to break

I don't have a short memory, just a realistic one. I don't think very many of the RBs people like to call great or really good at Iowa were that great. With the OLs that Iowa has every year a great RB should put up numbers like Shaw, Tavian, and Greene did. Coker got close, but he had a lot of carries, a lot, and his performance at SB shows he wasn't all that great, just had a great line. Iowa has had good RBs, serviceable, like Robinson etc. but they have had very few above average backs.

I think you mean we turn out some serviceable RBs.
You have the balls to say that after the guy that ranked 4th in the B1G in rushing last year is only the 2nd string tailback at some place called Stony Brook, and our 3rd string walk-on fullback went for about 150 4 straight weeks. Do yo know ANYTHING at all about football?

not to mention he ended up 10th in the nation
either he knows nothing about FB or he just plain hates Iowa FB, ARob as a RSFR and Wegher as a true FR, were good enough to get Iowa a OB win,

You have the balls to say that after the guy that ranked 4th in the B1G in rushing last year is only the 2nd string tailback at some place called Stony Brook, and our 3rd string walk-on fullback went for about 150 4 straight weeks. Do yo know ANYTHING at all about football?

I know just enough to realize that our running backs get most of their yards through gaping holes and rarely have the ability to make someone miss in the open field. They are serviceable.

I know just enough to realize that our running backs get most of their yards through gaping holes and rarely have the ability to make someone miss in the open field. They are serviceable.
That's the point, genius. They are not great, but extremely well COACHED to continually be that successful.Get it?

That's the point, genius. They are not great, but extremely well COACHED to continually be that successful.Get it?

That's some really good coaching for our staff to get our D1, B1G players to run through big holes. I'm glad we're blessed with such excellent coaches to get these guys headed in the right direction. Too often these days you see backs on other teams (with lesser coaches, mind you) get the ball handed to them and they just literally don't know where to go.

Sorry I didn't realize everyone was waiting on us. We will stop now so everyone else can post updates. Thanks to everyone who patiently waited their turn.

Think about the quality of play we've seen on the field lately as in today or most any game this season. Pair that with the coach saying all year his best players are on the field. That doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about what is sitting on the bench.

There's hope though because coach said this week that he might consider putting someone in a full time recruiting role but not for maybe two years or more. He hadn't really given it much thought. Coach, you might want to look at the game film again today and consider further thought on the matter.

if the OL does everything. then Greene was just a serviceable RB, Ronnie Harmon, Nic Bell were just avg backs by your assessment, as they ran behind some excellent lines

Latest posts