Tracking 2013 Class Offers

Here's a list of guys I've read are coming to the PSU game.

Ross Pierschbacher, 2014 OL
Clayton Thorson, 2014 QB
Berkley Edwards, 2013 RB
John Kenny, 2013 LB
Reggie Spearman, 2013 LB
Austin Roberts, 2014 WR
Keegan Redner, 2014 OL
Jay Scheel, 2014 QB
Mikale Wilbon, 2014 RB
Brian Allen, 2014 OL
AJ Allen, 2014 RB & Trevor Allen, 2015 RB (Brothers from Waukee)
Nathan Bazata, 2013 DT, committed
Derrick Willies, 2013 WR, committed
Trevon Young, 2013 ATH, committed
Sean Welsh, 2013 OL, committed
Bran Gressel, 2013 DT, committed
Matt Vandeberg, 2013 ATH, committed
Malik Rucker, 2013 S, committed
Jon Wisnieski, 2013 TE, committed

Many more than that. Up to about 30 or so, but i don't want to copy and paste premium info.

I don't even think Lazard is considering Iowa at this point. He's getting offers from just about everyone in the country.

Anything new on the recruiting front Jumper?? Anything new with the Braylon's baby bro?

There's been an eerie level of silence from all the major news sources on Iowa recruiting right now. No new names, no new news, nothing.

Regarding Edwards--his season is done, so he is expected to move toward making a decision soon.

Saw on twitter yesterday that Delano Hill is going to take a visit to Pitt. I think he still comes here because Lile and Taylor are Hawks from last years class and they were his teammates in HS however it does look like he is looking around. It would be a huge loss if he decommits. He's the only 4* kid now since Kenney left.

Saw on twitter yesterday that Delano Hill is going to take a visit to Pitt. I think he still comes here because Lile and Taylor are Hawks from last years class and they were his teammates in HS however it does look like he is looking around. It would be a huge loss if he decommits. He's the only 4* kid now since Kenney left.

Don't you understand stars don't matter? Come on man....

I'm j/k I do think stars matter to an extent. Just seems most Iowa fans like to think they don't.

Don't you understand stars don't matter? Come on man....

I'm j/k I do think stars matter to an extent. Just seems most Iowa fans like to think they don't.

For every 2* diamond in the rough you find like Sanders there are 20 others that never amount to anything. There may not be much difference between a high 3* and a 4* but there sure as hell is a talent gap between a 2* and a 4*.

This thread used to make me happy.

Now it's eerie silence, like being in a closed amusement park, keeps me fearful and on edge..

the problem is on 247 Young is a 4*, Weisinski is a 4* on ESPN, and Hill is a 3* on ESPN,, its all about how you look at it and which site you go by, I like to look at as many as I can to get a feel for how good somebody is..
the difference in Star rating is more about being ready to play.
a walkon to 2* takes longer, anywhere from 2-3 years to get developed to play ie;2*'s Bigache, Gaglione were here 4 years before starting as 5th year seniors vs 4*'s Blythe, Cooper and Walsh being ready after just 1 red shirt year to play, that is really the only difference, the problem with the last 2 years and this year is to many players left, either because of injuries, the Rhabdo or whatever reason
players like 4* Wegher, who would have been a SR this year, 4* Coker a JR with over 2000 yards rushing,
3* Raymon a DE a possible RSFR at 6'5 ?lbs, 3* DT Ferguson a possible RSSO, not to mention lb'rs like Gray and Poggi a Rhabdo victim a pair that would be RSSO this year. then you have Reiff left a year early to go to the NFL as a 1st round pick.. Iowa is not loaded with talent to survive the hits they have taken recently

Last edited:
the problem is on 247 Young is a 4*, Weisinski is a 4* on ESPN, and Hill is a 3* on ESPN,, its all about how you look at it and which site you go by, I like to look at as many as I can to get a feel for how good somebody is..
the difference in Star rating is more about being ready to play.
a walkon to 2* takes longer, anywhere from 2-3 years to get developed to play ie;2*'s Bigache, Gaglione were here 4 years before starting as 5th year seniors vs 4*'s Blythe, Cooper and Walsh being ready after just 1 red shirt year to play, that is really the only difference, the problem with the last 2 years and this year is to many players left, either because of injuries, the Rhabdo or whatever reason
players like 4* Wegher, who would have been a SR this year, 4* Coker a JR with over 2000 yards rushing,
3* Raymon a DE a possible RSFR at 6'5 ?lbs, 3* DT Ferguson a possible RSSO, not to mention lb'rs like Gray and Poggi a Rhabdo victim a pair that would be RSSO this year. then you have Reiff left a year early to go to the NFL as a 1st round pick.. Iowa is not loaded with talent to survive the hits they have taken recently

I think one person left due to Rhabdo (Lowe) and Poggi has battled other injuries, and to be honest I don't think LBer is our issue. I agree that attrition is the biggest issue for sure and that our best talents are Fr and So and RSfr

Rivals is reporting that while in Iowa City yesterday, Illinois commit Reggie Spearmon received an Iowa offer. The LB was seen sporting Hawkeye gear.

LOL, seriously? This guy has a very limited offer list, and he's all of a sudden gonna get one from Alabama or LSU? Extremely doubtful. Those schools can take anyone they want to. Why would they settle for such a lowly ranked player? Not to mention the fact that LSU has like 7 RBs that see playing time. Why would he even want to go there and be literally buried on the depth chart?I have only read two articles from that website, but they have both been pretty dumb.

Say what you want about Edwards but he reportedly made a very favorable impression at LSU's summer camp. He is not seen as an everyday RB at LSU more of a utility weapon. Iowa, on the other hand, is not LSU.....we would take him as a RB. LSU is still talking to him so he must have some talent. California has offered and they have one of the best RB coaches in the country. Ron Gould has a very admirable long record of success with RB's at Cal and in the Pac 12.....four currently on NFL rosters.

More importantly all this seems to point to some delay in Edward's decision making which I don't interpret as being a plus for Hawk recruiting just as I don't interpret all the quiet following the big recruiting weekend at the PSU/ IA game as a positive. Our last verbal was August and he's now reported taking a visit elsewhere.

Momentum is hard to find around the Hawk program right now.

from reports, Iowa has told Edwards they will use him in the slot and RB.. Rivals list him as a 5.7 3* and the 10th best all purpose back another kid that fits GD style of play

Latest posts