Tracking 2013 Class Offers

...will Trevon Young be evaluated on Rivals before the start of the season?

Seems odd to me he hasn't been (regardless of what they give him)..

Blair over at RIVALS did tweet about Coe today and that he only holds offers from ISU and USF currently.

Children,

Let this serve as a reminder that school and book learning is important.

This kid had offers from nearly every D1 school coming out of high school and now he's got a choice between ISU and USF

Andre Harris (5.6) and Trevon Young (5.5) both now rated on Rivals. Bumped us to #29 overall. Really amazed by the discrepency between the major sites and their evals of Trevon Young (Scout 2*, Rivals 3*, 247 4*)

Tweet says he has a top three then lists five schools: MSU, Missouri, Oklahoma, Illinois and Cal.

Could be they are not pursuing him anymore because he is a DT prospect and they have Bazata and Gressel as DT prospects.

Tweet says he has a top three then lists five schools: MSU, Missouri, Oklahoma, Illinois and Cal.

Could be they are not pursuing him anymore because he is a DT prospect and they have Bazata and Gressel as DT prospects.

That seems like a poor reason.

He had ample time to make a trip to IC this summer and avoided it.

Made a trip to ILL in June and Mizzou just this last weekend or two..

Perhaps the interest just isn't there.

Don't want to see this kid with MSU (or the Illini, for that mattter)..

That seems like a poor reason.

He had ample time to make a trip to IC this summer and avoided it.

Made a trip to ILL in June and Mizzou just this last weekend or two..

Perhaps the interest just isn't there.

Don't want to see this kid with MSU (or the Illini, for that mattter)..

Agreed. I see he took an unofficial down to Tuscaloosa recently. Let Saban have him, I don't want to have to face him in the B1G.

Andre Harris (5.6) and Trevon Young (5.5) both now rated on Rivals. Bumped us to #29 overall. Really amazed by the discrepency between the major sites and their evals of Trevon Young (Scout 2*, Rivals 3*, 247 4*)

I have a two-fold theory on Young's current rating fluctuation. First, Young didn't attend any of the major camps that used as a tool to evaluate players. Second, because Young is an "athlete," different services might evaluate him at different positions. For instance, if Scout thinks he'll play DE in college, they might not love him for that position. Contrastingly, if 247 thinks he'll be a TE, they might love him at that spot. This is similar to Christian French from the '11 class. When he was thought to be a DE prospect, he was considered a 4-star by every site. When it came out that he planned to play TE in college, Scout dropped his rating to a middling 3-star.

Latest posts