Tracking 2013 Class Offers

Rob Howe ‏@HawkeyeInsider
Per txt, '13 MD RB Rachid Ibrahim Likely will Decide Between #Iowa & #BC sometime nxt week. #Hawkeyes #Eagles

Edwards won't decide until all of his visits are done. Kind of seems like he is waiting for bigger offers. He likes Iowa but is worried about Freshman dominating and him not getting a shot the next year. IMO he won't be a Hawk.

...With all that said, you'd have to assume if we have a couple kids that can hold their offers for a longer while without worrying about other kids committing and them losing their offer, it definitely includes Edwards (and likely Augusta, fwiw)

I've made several updates to the OP:
-I have added Matthew VandeBerg to the list.
-I updated recruiting rankings. Several Iowa commits, including Delano Hill, Nic Shimonek, and Trevon Young, have been upgraded by one service or another in the past month.
-Godwin Igwebuike, a RB/DB from Ohio, committed to Northwestern about 10 days ago.

The past month has been pretty quiet on the recruiting scene. Watch for things to pick up considerably with high school games starting (new film to be evaluated means new offers to give out) and official visits beginning in conjunction with the college season.

New pay article on Rivals Iowa Site about Borens.

Mentions him visiting either this last Saturday or this next one??

New pay article on Rivals Iowa Site about Borens.

Mentions him visiting either this last Saturday or this next one??

I'm starting to think that Borens will land a scholarship offer if he shows well on film. You can't teach his natural size and a couple of years with Doyle will allow him to channel that size into a great OT body.

Unfortunately, I did read recently that Borens didn't move to Marion until high school. Before that, he grew up in suburban Madison and has always dreamed of being a Badger. I doubt he gets a scholarship offer from Wisconsin due to their limited numbers this year, but I doubt he would come to Iowa as a walk-on. I think it would require a scholarship offer in order for him to be a Hawkeye.

Rivals updated their top 100 yesterday, and Laquon Treadwell is now the #1 rated WR. Iowa is a long shot with Treadwell, but he hasn't ruled out the Hawkeyes, yet.

I've made several updates to the OP:
-I have added Matthew VandeBerg to the list.
-I updated recruiting rankings. Several Iowa commits, including Delano Hill, Nic Shimonek, and Trevon Young, have been upgraded by one service or another in the past month.
-Godwin Igwebuike, a RB/DB from Ohio, committed to Northwestern about 10 days ago.

The past month has been pretty quiet on the recruiting scene. Watch for things to pick up considerably with high school games starting (new film to be evaluated means new offers to give out) and official visits beginning in conjunction with the college season.
I read on another site that Young's offer got pulled. Any truth to that?

I read on another site that Young's offer got pulled. Any truth to that?

There are rumors out there, but I don't think any of the recruiting services, Trevon, and obviously not the coaching staff have gone on the record about the issue. I will consider him committed until there is something more solid.

Latest posts