Tracking 2013 Class Offers

I feel like we need some LB's....

Agree with this although according to some scouts Kenney might end really be a stand-up LB. Which would lessen the need for more LB types. Still want one more LB this class, another RB(Edwards?), Augusta or another DL, and an OT.

Updates from this week:
-Blue chip Chicagoland WR Laquon Treadwell has announced a top ten list of schools. Unsurprisingly, it does not include Iowa.
-WR Paul Harris of Washington, DC has committed to Tennessee.

Last edited:
Updates from this week:
-Blue chip Chicagoland WR Laquon Treadwell has announced a top ten list of schools. Unsurprisingly, it does not include Iowa.

On Treadwell: he's been considered a UM lean for a good while but USC is making a run at him.

DT Greg Webb decommitted from PSU and committed to UNC today.

I don't see any PSU players with Iowa offers but I'd think there's at least a couple of and probably around four that Iowa would at least have some interest in. A couple of OT's(one a five star, one a four star) in particular but also at least one good LB, and probably a WR.

I suspect that we'll see a number of PSU decommits and maybe nearly all of them if the NCAA comes down with a swift harsh punishment(of course, including the possibility of the death penalty).

Name
Pos
Wt
Stars
Rivals Rating
Committed
Videos
Committed - Not Yet SignedBrandon Bell
LB
Mays Landing, NJOakcrest
6'1"
3 stars
6/14/12
3 videos
Zach Bradshaw
WR
Damascus, MDDamascus
6'3"
3 stars
6/27/12
2 videos
Adam Breneman
TE
Camp Hill, PACedar Cliff
6'5"

4 stars
3/9/12
7 videos
Curtis Cothran
DE
Newtown, PACouncil Rock North
6'5"

3 stars
3/27/12
1 video
Ross Douglas
DB
Avon, OHAvon
5'10"
4 stars
2/29/12
10 videos
William Fuller
WR
Philadelphia, PARoman Catholic
6'1"

3 stars
6/6/12
4 videos
Christian Hackenberg
QB
Fork Union, VAFork Union Military Academy
6'4"
4 stars
2/29/12
17 videos
Zayd Issah
ATH
Harrisburg, PACentral Dauphin
6'3"
3 stars
6/29/12
1 video
Dorian Johnson
OL
Belle Vernon, PABelle Vernon Area
6'6"
4 stars
6/24/12
4 videos
Brendan Mahon
OL
Randolph, NJRandolph
6'5"

4 stars
3/17/12
4 videos
Andrew Nelson
OL
Hershey, PAHershey
6'5"

3 stars
4/15/12
1 video
Neiko Robinson
DB
Bratt, FLNorthview
5'11"
3 stars
6/4/12

Garrett Sickels
DE
Little Silver, NJRed Bank Regional
6'4"
4 stars
3/4/12
4 videos

Isn't UNC in trouble with the NCAA too? Makes sense...:confused:

After watching kids continue to flock to USC, Miami, PSU, and OSU. I'm convinced that kids care very little about whether the schools they attend are "ethical' or not, and of course, some are drawn by the very unethical behavior(eg. pay-for-play see Auburn) that these schools exhibit.

Along with Webb's flip to UNC, his teammate DE Dajuan Drennon also committed to the Tar Heels today.
I wonder if they will be the heels of old still where they have all the talent in the world but still end up making an insignificant bowl game or miss a bowl all together.

I suspect that we'll see a number of PSU decommits and maybe nearly all of them if the NCAA comes down with a swift harsh punishment(of course, including the possibility of the death penalty).

People were saying the exact same thing during the last recruiting cycle.

This entire scandal has broken pretty evenly into 2 camps. Half the people don't seem to care at all, while the other half are overreacting violently and making outrageous pronouncements.

People were saying the exact same thing during the last recruiting cycle.

This entire scandal has broken pretty evenly into 2 camps. Half the people don't seem to care at all, while the other half are overreacting violently and making outrageous pronouncements.

I suspect after the expected harsh punishment announced tomorrow that a lot of PSU kids will de-commit or at least have some people start making some phone call gauging interest of places like Iowa.

Just saw four star DT Greg Webb just switched his commitment to North Carolina.

That happened yesterday. Apparently, the four-star recruit, Christian Hackenberg, the QB Hill had his int off of the Opening camp, is waffling about his commitment and is going to wait till the NCAA judgement to decide.

My guess is if the punishment is near what is being speculated..huge scholarship reductions, three-five year bowl bans etc that we'll see a lot of their commits bolt.

Rob Howe is reporting that OT Thomas Shoaf has committed to BYU. With that commitment, it appears that Iowa has no active offers out to offensive linemen.

Updates from this week:

Treadwell has told Rivals that he now would like to visit Iowa. I guess that means Iowa goes from having "no shot" to having a "slim chance."

dumbtheresachance.gif

Treadwell has told Rivals that he now would like to visit Iowa. I guess that means Iowa goes from having "no shot" to having a "slim chance."

dumbtheresachance.gif

Pat Harty is the one reporting this on Twitter. He also notes that Maurice Fleming has been talking to Treadwell, and that is what precipitated his new found interest.

Latest posts