Tracking 2013 Class Offers

Wisconsin has offered RB Zaire Williams, who Iowa offered back in March. Williams might be the best RB that Iowa has a good shot at right now, but the Wisconsin offer will certainly test the Hawkeye coaching staff's recruiting ability.

Typical. Biels let's the Iowa staff do the evaluating for them then they jump in.

Wisconsin has offered RB Zaire Williams, who Iowa offered back in March. Williams might be the best RB that Iowa has a good shot at right now, but the Wisconsin offer will certainly test the Hawkeye coaching staff's recruiting ability.
Typical. Biels let's the Iowa staff do the evaluating for them then they jump in.

worked for melvin gordon...who could play some this yr for wisky.

^He'd probably be here if he hadn't seen a locker room fight break out. At least he's safe from AIRBHG this way.

OK. Never heard that before.

To clarify--Gordon is the one who first made the fight public, Kirk Ferentz claimed to have no knowledge of the fight [“If something did occur, I’m certainly not aware of it,” Ferentz said. “It’s entirely possible, but I’m not aware of it.”], and I've never seen anyone else publicly comment on the fight. That doesn't mean the fight didn't take place, but it has led some to believe that Gordon made up the fight in order to have an excuse to decommit.

OK. Never heard that before.
To clarify--Gordon is the one who first made the fight public, Kirk Ferentz claimed to have no knowledge of the fight [�If something did occur, I�m certainly not aware of it,� Ferentz said. �It�s entirely possible, but I�m not aware of it.�], and I've never seen anyone else publicly comment on the fight. That doesn't mean the fight didn't take place, but it has led some to believe that Gordon made up the fight in order to have an excuse to decommit.

either way he is gone and at wisky. and i would have loved to see him in black and gold. people are saying he is the most talented rb on the wisky roster. whether he can turn that into production will be the key but with how they just dominate running i could see it happen.

According to this article, FSNextTV: Elijah Daniel, from last week, 4-star DE Elijah Daniel has trimmed his list down. According to this tweet, @ImSimoneScott by the article's author Simone Scott, Daniel has trimmed his list to 15. On Daniel's Scout profile page and his 247Sports profile page, 15 schools are listed ahead of the others. Those 15 schools, which are the same on both sites, are Arizona St, Clemson, Florida, Florida St, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Marshall, Miami, Ole Miss, Mizzou, South Florida, Syracuse, Tennessee, and West Virginia.

Adding up A, B, and C, it seems apparent to me that Daniel is no longer considering Iowa.

Elijah Daniel committed to Clemson today.

For the visual learners among you, I have created a recruiting map that shows the geographic locations of all of the recruits listed in this thread. Gold markers indicate Hawkeye commits; red markers indicate players committed elsewhere; and blue markers indicate players that remain uncommitted.

For the visual learners among you, I have created a recruiting map that shows the geographic locations of all of the recruits listed in this thread. Gold markers indicate Hawkeye commits; red markers indicate players committed elsewhere; and blue markers indicate players that remain uncommitted.

You can see where the coaching staff has contacts. Out of region the Baltimore area, and now, principally Dallas, Texas(the richest metro area in the country for BCS recruits....now, we have Gary Davis, and LeVar Woods recruiting hard there), stand out.

Wish we had more connections with California and the deep south, but like the in-roads into Texas.

You can see where the coaching staff has contacts. Out of region the Baltimore area, and now, principally Dallas, Texas(the richest metro area in the country for BCS recruits....now, we have Gary Davis, and LeVar Woods recruiting hard there), stand out.

Wish we had more connections with California and the deep south, but like the in-roads into Texas.

As much as I love the Texas connections with Davis and Woods' efforts recruiting down there, I think that Iowa is going to have a hard time recruiting DFW consistently. There was already the major players to deal with, but now OSU is rising up the ranks, Baylor is looking to make "the leap", TCU has joined a BCS conference, West Virginia will be recruiting Texas more, and the SEC schools will come into Texas more now with A&M in conference. I am pessimistic about the Hawkeyes' chances of landing more than just the leftovers from the area.

Iowa was the first school to offer DT Sam Raridon of WDM Valley back in the fall. He has been waiting many months to receive a second offer, and today it came. Todd Worly of 247Sports is reporting that Wisconsin has offered Raridon.

With the addition of Mycial Allen, Iowa now has the #27 class on 247Sports and Scout. Rivals has yet to update their team rankings, but the Hawkeyes stood at #31 before, so I would expect them to be about 27-28 with Allen.

OT Hayden Biegel has accepted a grey shirt offer from Wisconsin over full scholarship offers from Iowa, Michigan St, Illinois, and others.

Wanted to play with his brother and pay his own way instead of play at another Big Ten school.. whatever works, I guess..

Just like uthoff choosing Iowa over all the schools he was looking at....really wanted to play there, and paying one year of in state tuition is definitely manageable.

Latest posts