Tracking 2013 Class Offers

Rob How is reporting that athlete Trevon Young of Des Moines will be choosing between Iowa and Iowa State in the next few weeks.

Rob How is reporting that athlete Trevon Young of Des Moines will be choosing between Iowa and Iowa State in the next few weeks.

This kid looks pretty versatile. I'll be curious to see what position he ends up at. 6'-4" 220 lbs. He plays linebacker, defensive end, and wide receiver. Lincoln coach is quoted as saying he's not even close to his ceiling. Also a good student from what I read.
Trevon Young - Yahoo! Sports

I wonder if Iowa will get any of the top 5 guys in the state? If I had to guess I would think they are most likely to get Wisnieski out of that group.

Berkley Edwards, younger brother of Braylon, recently visited Iowa City. It sounds like he is close to receiving an offer. He is a RB. After a brief glance at his highlight video, I think he would fit well in our zone blocking scheme. A compact 5'9", 190 lbs and is excellent at making a cut, maneuvering through the hole, and exploding upfield. He also has very good speed; an apparent electronic-timed 4.5, and I saw record of a hand-timed 4.35 on a Michigan blog.

Scout is reporting that Iowa has now offered Edwards.

Here is some film of RB Berkley Edwards:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkiJE1cKbPM]Berkley Edwards Official Remix - YouTube[/ame]

Scout is reporting that Iowa has now offered Edwards.

He's camping at UM next. His brother, Braylon, and his father, Stan, were both big UM standouts and are putting pressure on UM to offer him. I expect if he get's a UM offer he'd commit on the spot or soon after.

He's not necessarily a great fit in a pro-style offense, but has obvious speed, and could be a help at a number of positions and on special teams.

Any update on I believe it was the Rodgers kid that was down to Iowa and a small school cant seem to remember the name? I thought a decision was suppose to come a while ago but I may be mistaken.

In the past 2 years UM has recruited the OL hard.

2012: 5 OL, all classified as OT by scout
1 5*; 2 4* ; 2 3*

2013: 2 OT and 3 OG
1 5* and 4 4*; the 5* is an OT.

They have made quite a pull in the trenches and their commit list is all 4 and 5* with a few 3* sprinkled in (th 3* are usually have an Iowa offer)

they now have 6 OL in the 2013 class.

I have now updated the OP to include Rucker as a commit and updated ratings from each of the recruiting sites. Iowa is now ranked 28th on 247Sports' team rankings, with updates to come from Scout and Rivals.

I just don't see Michigan passing on Edwards kid.

I'm both a Iowa and UM fan(grew up a UM fan, became an Iowa fan 13 years ago when taking some grad classes there and falling love with Iowa City, it's people, and became a big fan of Ferentz's persona and coaching style...I mean other than the sometimes excessive offensive conservatism).

On Berkley Edwards, it's far from a given he'll get a UM offer. They are still transitioning from a spread-offense to a "pro-style" offense. That means they have a lot of need for size at the skill positions that the roster has relatively little of. If they take Berkley it'll probably be as almost strictly a special teams player who might help down the line situationally. But, wouldn't surprise me at all it he's passed over. The advantage Iowa MAY enjoy over some other schools not named Michigan is Erik "Soup" Campbell. Campbell, when a UM WR coach, identified Braylon early as a stud when he was a raw prep player who had moved around a lot in high school. Braylon, was not heavily recruited. Campbell, encouraged Carr to offer him, recruited him, and developed him. Braylon has said that he might not have been at UM had it been for Campbell and mentioned it in a tweet when he expressed his anger at Berkley not getting a UM offer yet. So, Iowa may be a "sleeper" in Berkley's commitment. But, I fully expect if UM offers he'll accept it.

soup.jpg

Also regarding Edwards, in an interview on TOS he mentioned Iowa is recruiting him mainly as a slot receiver, but will allow him to carry the ball some too. Edwards says he enjoys playing both positions and doesn't particularly care which position he plays in college.

Wisconsin has offered RB Zaire Williams, who Iowa offered back in March. Williams might be the best RB that Iowa has a good shot at right now, but the Wisconsin offer will certainly test the Hawkeye coaching staff's recruiting ability.

Latest posts