Tracking 2013 Class Offers

Also, for anyone who missed, here's a free article from Rob Howe on why Mycial Allen's commitment isn't a done deal just yet. In short, the coaches want him to visit before he commits, and that won't happen until the end of July.

Supposedly some kid from Cedar Falls just received a scholarship offer-Isaac Boettger.

Who is reporting this? I'm not seeing it on any of the major recruiting sites and I did a Twitter search of his name and couldn't find anything about him. Also, of all the Iowa HS QBs, Boettger would not be the one I would expect the Hawkeyes to offer.

Edit: I did another Twitter search, this time for "Ike Boettger" and sure enough, 1650 The Fan is reporting that Boettger is claiming that Iowa has offered a scholarship.

Here's some Boettger video. I'm going to hold off on adding him to the list here until I see another confirmation of it, but I really don't know what to think about this offer. Maybe another Austin Vier type offer?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peepcJxhn3E]IkeBoettger'sJrSeason.mov - YouTube[/ame]

Except he plays for a larger school...and their is no shallow pretense that he's being recruited for anything other than TE

It would seem Boettger is a kid who impressed coaches in camp. In that case, I guess he is similar to Vier as well as Kyle Calloway and a few others.
Iowa uses camps to evaluate up close and makes offer if impressed. My guess is we will see a commitment some time next week from him.

Except he plays for a larger school...and their is no shallow pretense that he's being recruited for anything other than TE

It would seem Boettger is a kid who impressed coaches in camp. In that case, I guess he is similar to Vier as well as Kyle Calloway and a few others.
Iowa uses camps to evaluate up close and makes offer if impressed. My guess is we will see a commitment some time next week from him.
I agree, and have no problem with that....I was only pointing out the differences in their respective situations at the time of their offers.

A new aspect of the list I have put together in the OP is a link to the ESPN scouting report for each of Iowa's committed recruits. Unfortunately, the full scouting reports are insider content, but they are the best scouting reports I have been able to find for Iowa's recruits. If someone is able to find better scouting reports, I will gladly switch to some that are free.

DB Darius Mosely of O'Fallon, IL will be making his college decision Saturday. He is down to five schools: Iowa, Illinois, Vanderbilt, Arizona St, and Michigan St. If I had to guess, I think Mosely is Champaign bound.

Would be nice to get Mosely.. but can't do more than we've already done.

Anyone know what Harris will rate out at? 5.5-5.6? 3 Star?

Would be nice to get Mosely.. but can't do more than we've already done.

Anyone know what Harris will rate out at? 5.5-5.6? 3 Star?

Put caveat about the reliability of recruiting rankings here...but, Iowa's commitments and recruiting targets may move up(or less likely, down) over the course of the season. These aren't final analysis by any stretch. Harris, from his own high school coaches take, is more a potential player than a current production player. A big senior year could significantly change his rankings.

My guess on Mosley is that he goes to MSU or Illinois.

Hope we can get some more OT's and LB's. Those seem like significant need areas.

Put caveat about the reliability of recruiting rankings here...but, Iowa's commitments and recruiting targets may move up(or less likely, down) over the course of the season. These aren't final analysis by any stretch. Harris, from his own high school coaches take, is more a potential player than a current production player. A big senior year could significantly change his rankings.

My guess on Mosley is that he goes to MSU or Illinois.

Hope we can get some more OT's and LB's. Those seem like significant need areas.

Mosely tweeted that he is going to the Illini...unfortunately. The 100s of fans in the stands at Champaign will enjoy his skills. Seriously looked like a good one--but they all do on youtube:)

Quick update--247Sports is reporting that DE Dajaun Drennon has a top-5 of USC, Kentucky, Notre Dame, West Virginia, and North Carolina.

Latest posts