Tracking 2013 Class Offers

Yes committed and so does Michigan. They also took 4 or 5 OL last year. Do these kids not understand depth charts?

It is puzzling. I will not be surprised if some of those players either sign with Michigan and then transfer or end up committing to someone else. I can't imagine 4 and 5 star playes like sitting on the bench for 4 years to play 1 or maybe not at all.

Last edited:
I think they will stay committed and sign but then a few will transfer. It's great for UM because they can sort through them and have great depth at the same time. If they do transfer, they either weren't good enough for playing time anyway, so who will really want them, or they still can't come to Iowa, so no win for the hawks.

In the past 2 years UM has recruited the OL hard.

2012: 5 OL, all classified as OT by scout
1 5*; 2 4* ; 2 3*

2013: 2 OT and 3 OG
1 5* and 4 4*; the 5* is an OT.

They have made quite a pull in the trenches and their commit list is all 4 and 5* with a few 3* sprinkled in (th 3* are usually have an Iowa offer)

HawkeyeInsider.com is reporting that Iowa has offered S Josh Jones of Walled Lake (MI) Western HS. Jones was a Toledo commit but decommitted after Iowa offered.

High 3* safety recruit from Michigan that had half the MAC conference on him but no BCS interest until Iowa came along. I expect him to commit soon just based on what I have read.

Joshua Jones - Yahoo! Sports

I agree that he is likely to commit soon. I could see it happening in the next week. Here's a series of highlights. Jones looks like a pretty solid player. I'm not sure he would contribute from day 1, but he could definitely be a contributor in a couple of years.

Josh Jones - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Interesting note on Jones--a local reporter from Michigan reported last Thursday that Jones was offered a scholly by Michigan State. None of the major recruiting services are reporting that offer

@JDeuceDullack

Iowa has offered safety Isaiah Gourdine of Farmington (MI) HS.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQO97oD4OJc]#9 Isaiah Gourdine Farmington HS Nov 11 210.mov - YouTube[/ame]

I have changed Damon Mitchell (Cedar Creek HS, Egg Harbor City, NJ) to the Athlete category. 247Sports lists Mitchell as a safety, Scout lists him as a quarterback, and Rivals lists him as an athlete.

Moving Mitchell means that Anthony Jennings of Marietta, GA is the only QB with an Iowa offer; however, of the three main sites I look at, only Rivals lists an Iowa offer. 247Sports' Mike Schaefer (a Nebraska reporter) reported about a week ago that Jennings is down to 10 schools: Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Oregon, South Florida, and Wisconsin. Iowa is noticeably absent from that list. All these tea leaves lead me to the conclusion that Iowa is, as has been theorized by others, done recruiting at quarterback and content with Shimonek.

Henry Poggi, brother of Iowa linebacker Jim Poggi, is planning to make a decision soon. It appears that he is down to Alabama and Michigan and that Iowa has been out of it for awhile.

Iowa should try to sign Trevon Young from DM Lincoln. I saw Young swat a Pete Jok jump shot. Check out the entire tape earlier in this thread. Legit.

Iowa has now offered TE/LB/DE Trevon Young. He will camp in Iowa City next weekend.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_dNnNkrssw]Trevon Young 2011 Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Henry Poggi, brother of Iowa linebacker Jim Poggi, is planning to make a decision soon. It appears that he is down to Alabama and Michigan and that Iowa has been out of it for awhile.

Follow up--Henry Poggi has now committed to play for Big Blue. Michigan now has 20 verbal commitments in the 2013 class, 17 of which are 4-star rated on 247Sports. Today's date is June 4.

Iowa has offered WR Trey Kilgore of St Xavier HS in Cincinnati.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg0SutGPaUw]2013 Trey Kilgore - St Xavier - Jr yr - WR7 - PROMO - YouTube[/ame]

Iowa has now offered TE/LB/DE Trevon Young. He will camp in Iowa City next weekend.

Trevon Young 2011 Highlights - YouTube

It is great that Iowa offered Trevon Young! I saw him play basketball several times last year. He is an explosive dunker and rebounder, he is very mobile, and he can really catch the ball in traffic. He would be very tough at TE, or maybe he could work into a role similar to what Marvin McNutt played for the Hawks. Young can really sky! He opened my eyes when he cleanly blocked a Pete Jok jump shot.

Hey "jumper," I've been to Waco a few times. My favorite spots are George's and Buzzard Billy's. I used to teach and coach in nearby Killeen.

Latest posts