Tracking 2013 Class Offers

Final update of the night--I have updated the list on page one of this thread to include all current offers, Iowa's commitments' star-ratings, and the commitments' Twitter handles.

Thanks for the work and keeping this updated Jumper. Getting more Texas offers, it will be interesting to see G. Davis' impact!

Go Hawks!

Jumper, I don't know how you get all of your info, but you do a great job. Keep it up

1) The major recruiting services, 247Sports, Rivals, and Scout are invaluable. Basically, all I do is synthesize the free information that's available on their sites.

2) I'm really good at Google.

3) I love high school football and football recruiting. Watching grainy YouTube videos is really interesting to me.

I have to admit, I'm pretty bummed about Pocic. It has looked for awhile like he had cooled on Iowa, but the Hawkeyes needed (and still need) a true tackle in this class. Pocic would have been that for the Hawks and would have been arguably the best tackle prospect Iowa has brought in since Bulaga. On top of that, I hate seeing kids from Big Ten country going south for college. It has started to become a self-fulfilling prophecy that "the SEC is better."

Can anyone explain Illinois and penn state recent recruiting success? I get Illinois has a good recruiting area, but lousy attendance and mediocre fan following. I don't get PSU due to the negative press from last year. Also, how much longer is Nebraska going to be able to live off their glory days?

Can anyone explain Illinois and penn state recent recruiting success? I get Illinois has a good recruiting area, but lousy attendance and mediocre fan following. I don't get PSU due to the negative press from last year. Also, how much longer is Nebraska going to be able to live off their glory days?

Illinois' success is really only Bailey.. and it just sounds like he wanted to stay close to home.

I'm not too worried about it..

As far as the PSU thing goes. I think that it goes to show that kids want to play for what is considered an elite/traditional power and that scandal does not deter them. Just look at USC and Ohio State. I know they are different situations but scholarship reductions and bowl bans don't seem to matter to some kids.

Plus as bad as this sounds, the bad things that happened there didn't involve players and so players really aren't too concerned about it. The coaches that were alleged to cover any thing up, mainly Paterno, are gone. In fact, it may be better for PSU recruiting now that Paterno is gone.

Regarding PSU and Illinois--with several of the BCS schools that have made coaching changes, there has been early positive energy related to recruiting. This is most obvious at Ohio State, but it can also be seen at Illinois, Washington St, Penn St, and Ole Miss. I would also argue that if any of these schools have seasons that fall apart on them, they are at a higher risk for decommitments. Think of Gunner Kiel's commitment to Inidiana last summer as an example of the positive energy a new coach can bring and the negative energy a bad season can bring.

Regarding PSU and Illinois--with several of the BCS schools that have made coaching changes, there has been early positive energy related to recruiting. This is most obvious at Ohio State, but it can also be seen at Illinois, Washington St, Penn St, and Ole Miss. I would also argue that if any of these schools have seasons that fall apart on them, they are at a higher risk for decommitments. Think of Gunner Kiel's commitment to Inidiana last summer as an example of the positive energy a new coach can bring and the negative energy a bad season can bring.

Good point. If PSU struggles, you know that Meyer will come try and grab a few of their recruits.

Good point. If PSU struggles, you know that Meyer will come try and grab a few of their recruits.

PSU has tradition to fall back on though. I'm sure there could be some decommits, but that tradition will save many..

I'd be more interested to see how Aaron Bailey responds to a poor Illini season and constant recruiting efforts on-going through the summer and fall..

Either way, none of it should have us too worried. Our recruiting is off to a very hot start, despite a couple dissappointments.

I am disappointed to see the OT go else where. Iowa has produced more NFL OL than LSU, Mizzou and others combined. But I say this, oh well. I think Iowa has some good depth right now and are in on several highly regarded OT recruits in the next class and hopefully they could nab a few of those guys. Iowa will be ok, and I'd rather have them wait instead of settle for a kid they didn't think was worth the scholarship.

Looks like we do not even have an offer out to an OT right now?

ND has three of the top 15 OTs in this class signed already?

Last edited:
Looks like we do not even have an offer out to an OT right now?

ND has three of the top 15 OTs in this class signed already?

Yes committed and so does Michigan. They also took 4 or 5 OL last year. Do these kids not understand depth charts?

Latest posts