Tracking 2013 Class Offers

Sounds like Brian is busy in the state of Iowa today..

Really need the bigguns from in state this year..

A Marion Kid chose Wisconsin over Iowa 30 miles from home, that never happens....6'7" 335 lbs. Com'on Hawks lets get this one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_dNnNkrssw]Trevon Young 2011 Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

In addition to whoever it is that has committed to Iowa today, I have added a couple new Iowa offers to the list.

S George Baltimore (Mansfied HS, Mansfield, TX--Same HS as Damon Bullock)
QB Damon Mitchell (Cedar Creek HS, Egg Harbor City, NJ)
WR Dan Montesoro (St Clairsville HS, St Clairsville, OH)
LB Raaquan Davis (Rockwall-Heath HS, Rockwall, TX--Committed to Baylor)

Iowa is the latest school to offer Westerville (OH) South QB/WR/DB Marcus Ball.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VElYzJKAQ_0]2013 Marcus Ball - Westerville South - Jr yr - DB10 - PROMO - YouTube[/ame]

Not a shock that Iowa was never in it, but 5-star QB Kevin Olsen has committed to Miami. His older brother, Greg Olsen, played TE at Miami a few years back before playing in the NFL.

That Dan Monteroso kid would be a great get. 6'3", 185 lbs, 4.5 speed, and a 41" vertical. Safe to say he is an athletic specimen. Soup could mold him into an incredible player.

Anyone know if Iowa is looking at a local QB? Jesse Ertz from Mediapolis, IA.

1. With Iowa picking up a QB this week, I see the Hawkeyes being done at QB for this recruiting year, barring a blue chip being interested in Iowa (99% sure that won't happen, given current commitments). Here will be Iowa's depth at QB for 2013 (in order by class):
Sokol (RS Jr/Sr)
Rudock (RS So)
Beathard (RS Fr/So)
Shimonek (Fr)

2. Even before Iowa picked up Shimonek, I hadn't seen too much connection between the Hawkeyes and Ertz. I know there was at least some contact, but I'm not sure how much. Two Iowa HS QBs, Kyle Starcevich (SE Polk) and Joel Lanning (QB/ATH, Ankeny), attended Iowa' junior day in February. Ertz may have been right there with the others, but I hadn't seen it publicized. I know Ertz attended Iowa State's junior day. The Cyclones don't have any commitments in this class yet, and Ertz doesn't have any offers yet. Once the camp scene gets going in June, things will likely start to fall into place for both parties.

Latest posts