Tracking 2011 class offers

Intriguing prospect, Riley McMinn gets an offer. I'm really curious where all the coaches project him at. My guess is that the coaches believe that he could be a pretty versatile prospect.

According to the rivals site, it appears that Mike Orloff is holding an Iowa offer. He's been added to "the list." With his measurables I can only guess that the coaches are maybe projecting him at LB or something like that.

Homer a couple of guys i really like are Jack Tabb, Ben Mccord, Mason Fuller, Eric Crume, BJ Dubose, Jesse Hayes, Darien Harris, Nicholas Law, Rodney Mills. Some of these guys are not being talked about as much and most dont have offers. Do you have any information on any of those guys or an opinion?

Homer or anyone who may know. Is there any video highlights out there of Darrian Miller? I hear great things about him would just like to see some film. Also, what do you think Iowa's chances are with him?

Homer a couple of guys i really like are Jack Tabb, Ben Mccord, Mason Fuller, Eric Crume, BJ Dubose, Jesse Hayes, Darien Harris, Nicholas Law, Rodney Mills. Some of these guys are not being talked about as much and most dont have offers. Do you have any information on any of those guys or an opinion?

Mac -

I'm inclined to guess that the closest thing to taking a 3rd TE would be if Iowa were to nabb French. My take is that Iowa will still pursue him as an ATH ... and give him a shot at TE if he wants. The coaches still gave Derby a shot at QB even though our QB situation seemed pretty stacked ... and by many accounts it sounds like Derby has answered the challenge and will most likely stick there. Similarly, I think that French would get a great shot to land on O for Iowa ... however, if that weren't to work out, the coaches would help him to develop into a beastly-good LEO or DE.

So concerning Tabb ... my guess is that the coaches will only continue going after him if they feel that that he projects well at other spots too. I liked Tabb a lot ... however, if he's a TE or bust type of guy ... then I don't think that we'll land him.

I really like Dubose, however, from everything I've gathered it sounds like he's going to head south. So don't expect for Iowa to remain in the game for his services.

As for McCord, I'm not as excited about him at WR/TE ... however, I am possibly intrigued about how he might project on D.

I also like Law. However, I also see it as an uphill climb to pull him out of ACC territory.

As for pulling out other WR-types ... I'm not certain that we'll rely upon landing another WR-type unless Shepherd really does abandon-ship. As it is, I think that we're still going to be fishing for ATH-type guys who might project well at WR if we need them there. To that end, I'm still hoping that Iowa can remain in the running for Jennings.

Also, I could be wrong, but I don't anticipate that Crume or Fuller will get offers. The coaches seem to be VERY particular in the DT-types they're going after.

One thing that kinda surprises me is how the coaches have been recruiting at DB this year thus far. It leads me to believe that the coaches think that they have a good shot with some really nice talent. It really seems like they're being exceptionally deliberate in their DB recruiting ... and DB recruiting should actually still be a pretty high priority in this class. Frankly, their approach has me both intrigued and excited.

It was mentioned in one of the threads that the Cotton Brothers had a conversation and one of the reasons that Darian went to ISU is that we're pretty stacked at DB.

It was mentioned in one of the threads that the Cotton Brothers had a conversation and one of the reasons that Darian went to ISU is that we're pretty stacked at DB.

Stacked at DB? That pretty much only impacts our ability to advertise early playing time. In 2010, we'll have 5 major contributers in the secondary who are JRs or SRs. The immediate implication of that is that we'll have A TON of playing time available to guys from the 2011 recruiting class when they're either TR SOs or RS FR in 2012!

I definitely will agree that we're stacked at CB for the '10 and '11 seasons ... however, our depth is completely unproven at safety.

As far as I know, the primary reason why the younger Cotton is going to ISU (so far) is because Iowa hasn't offered. And a reason why Iowa hasn't yet offered is because we simply have a number of guys who are higher up on the recruiting board. That isn't a knock on the younger Cotton either ... it's simply that Iowa is reaping the rewards from winning the Orange bowl.

Kerner has picked PSU...no surprise.

Who do you all think we have the best chance with between Quinton Jefferson, Jesse Hayes and Riley McMinn?

Kerner has picked PSU...no surprise.

Who do you all think we have the best chance with between Quinton Jefferson, Jesse Hayes and Riley McMinn?

Wanny and Co are irritatingly good at recruiting their backyard ... so I'm not holding out too much hope to land Jefferson.

I like that Parker is recruiting Hayes ... however, we don't traditionally have good luck pulling guys out of Cinci. We'll see. We landed Lowery last year ... however, he was also one of those "diamonds" in the rough. Hayes is a known commodity ... while I expect that Iowa should be able to be competitive for the service of Hayes, I wouldn't exactly say that the odds are high either.

That then leaves us with McMinn. Iowa tends to do a good job of having a presence in nearly every other part of Illinois and is well known for paying attention to locales that aren't Chicago or East St. Louis. Thus, a lot of high school coaches in Illinois really respect Iowa's program and Iowa has a proximity advantage over some of the competitors.

Thus, I'd probably conclude that Iowa has the best chance with McMinn.

Article on ESPN rumors - Justice Hayes is getting closer to announcing a top three... told IrishSportsDaily.com that two of his top three are Tennessee and Notre Dame without naming the last.

I have a request- can we get this stickied? Homer does a great job and I think it deserves it and I am lazy and would hate to see it bumped from the first page.

Hayes to ND, Fisher to Iowa

Feel free to contribute if any others get updated.

Also, from a recent article on rivals, it sounds like Nelson (LB out of KC) doesn't have an offer ... contrary to what the scout site claims.

Latest posts