Tracking 2011 class offers

Andre Sturdivant from Glenville has expressed some Iowa interest and he hasn't been given an official OSU offer. He may be in play or at least u can remove the "no shot-OSU all the way). Sounds like MSU and Iowa will get serious consideration.

Andre Sturdivant from Glenville has expressed some Iowa interest and he hasn't been given an official OSU offer. He may be in play or at least u can remove the "no shot-OSU all the way). Sounds like MSU and Iowa will get serious consideration.

Is Sturdivant considered a academic liability or something. I thought that he was listed as having a tOSU offer before.

He is still waiting on a test score and his grades aren't great but he was never extended a written offer. He had previously reported a verbal offer but the written one never came. Sturdivant is kind of a tweener, not sure what position he will project to.

Iowa offered JUCO OL Dan Heiar out of Iowa Western. He says Iowa is his dream school and are the leaders right now. He is also visiting Michigan St. this weekend where he picked up an offer there as well. He is a Iowa lock IMHO.

Iowa offered JUCO OL Dan Heiar out of Iowa Western. He says Iowa is his dream school and are the leaders right now. He is also visiting Michigan St. this weekend where he picked up an offer there as well. He is a Iowa lock IMHO.

Yeah, I was pleased that we ended up offering Heiar. I think that part of the implication there is that we're likely out of the running for Cyrus K ... however, I also think that we definitely needed a quality OL-recruit who could help bolster our depth. Heiar definitely seems like he can fit that bill.

Great for Dan Heiar. We don't go after many JUCO's but the one's we do have turned out very well.

Curious why we haven't offered Dan Ebert, the Iowa Western DT from Iowa City. Losing three senior starters on the DL makes me think that we'd go after a JUCO DT with offers like he has regardless of what we have in the pipeline. I wonder if it's that he's a May graduate, the coaches see something that turns them off, or we're waiting on decisions from some other DT prospects knowing that we can get him with a late offer if we need him.

Great for Dan Heiar. We don't go after many JUCO's but the one's we do have turned out very well.

Curious why we haven't offered Dan Ebert, the Iowa Western DT from Iowa City. Losing three senior starters on the DL makes me think that we'd go after a JUCO DT with offers like he has regardless of what we have in the pipeline. I wonder if it's that he's a May graduate, the coaches see something that turns them off, or we're waiting on decisions from some other DT prospects knowing that we can get him with a late offer if we need him.

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/recruiting/18912-jared-ebert.html

You'll find many more reasons in the above thread, but to summarize (Ala what is the stross thread about) Many beleive that KF and co. are sitting well with other DL recruits and are situated well with some depth, so they don't feel the need to offer a JUCO at the current moment.

Curious why we haven't offered Jared Ebert, the Iowa Western DT from Iowa City. Losing three senior starters on the DL makes me think that we'd go after a JUCO DT with offers like he has regardless of what we have in the pipeline. I wonder if it's that he's a May graduate, the coaches see something that turns them off, or we're waiting on decisions from some other DT prospects knowing that we can get him with a late offer if we need him.

The issue there, I believe, simply reflects need.

We either need a guy who can push for time right away ... OR a guy who will be able to contribute in the long term. The question there is whether Ebert could be able to get adjusted to our system quickly enough to become an impact player. I frankly do not know the answer to that question.

I do know that Iowa will have Daniels, Bigach, and Nardo for the 2011 season ... and each of those guys have already seen quality game reps ... and Daniels obviously has seen quantity too.

Furthermore, we've had some intriguing "young guns" who could legitimately put themselves into contention for playing time too ... for instance, Trinca-Pasat is a guy who already has practiced at DT since last spring (since he joined the squad early) ... and Carl Davis, among other guys, have also been mentored by Ballard (and I've heard some positive buzz about him too).

Thus, the problem of adding Ebert is that if he doesn't push for time right away ... then he'd be entering the fray right when our other young guys will be hitting their stride. That could potentially give us a "log-jam" eligibility-wise at the position ... and it's typically a good idea to try to avoid such "log-jams."

The issue there, I believe, simply reflects need.

We either need a guy who can push for time right away ... OR a guy who will be able to contribute in the long term. The question there is whether Ebert could be able to get adjusted to our system quickly enough to become an impact player. I frankly do not know the answer to that question.

I do know that Iowa will have Daniels, Bigach, and Nardo for the 2011 season ... and each of those guys have already seen quality game reps ... and Daniels obviously has seen quantity too.

Furthermore, we've had some intriguing "young guns" who could legitimately put themselves into contention for playing time too ... for instance, Trinca-Pasat is a guy who already has practiced at DT since last spring (since he joined the squad early) ... and Carl Davis, among other guys, have also been mentored by Ballard (and I've heard some positive buzz about him too).

Thus, the problem of adding Ebert is that if he doesn't push for time right away ... then he'd be entering the fray right when our other young guys will be hitting their stride. That could potentially give us a "log-jam" eligibility-wise at the position ... and it's typically a good idea to try to avoid such "log-jams."

Thanks for the explanation. The coaches must be very satisfied with whom they currently have in the two-deep and in development. Ebert not completing JUCO until May surely wouldn't help him get an offer from us. It would look pretty bad though if a hometown kid like Ebert went to Penn State and blew up there. The coaches must not be too concerned about that happening.

So what's up with this Doran Grant kid? Hawkinsider put him up as considering but report has us as low...anyone know what the real deal is?

So what's up with this Doran Grant kid? Hawkinsider put him up as considering but report has us as low...anyone know what the real deal is?

I noticed that as well. I wouldn't figure that Scout would bother adding him if he's not seriously considering us. But that's just me and wishful thinking ;)

Also, and maybe I just missed him before, but who's Branden Jackson? Don't remember him being listed either.

Doran is considering Iowa along with a few other schools for his fifth visit. It's a MSU/OSU battle with Notre Dame on the fringe. His dad played at MSU, but most have him pegged for OSU.

Hm well we can atleast hope! Branden I think was a 3 star and moved to 4 on scout but there was talk of him and Simmons wanting to stay together for their commitment. It would be great to get both of them in one sign!!

I was just thinking about how great it is for recruiting that so many freshman played this year. Those guys that want playing time have to realize that if you work hard you can play or injuries could allow you to play a lot early. Hopefully this rings true in some of their minds.

Also, some new offers are coming out, or names popping up on TOS.

RB Tra Carson- offer
CB Raymon Taylor- No offer, but an Indiana decommit

The Carson offer worries me that maybe Coe is leaning a different direction or this is their second RB option instead of Pierson or Rawls. I don't know, but as more offers come out it makes you wonder about what some of the bigger targets are thinking.

Last edited:
Coaching changes and rumored coaching changes always present opportunity. Two on the Pitt commit list had Iowa offers earlier.

Jameal Poteat RB 4 star

Lafayette Pitts CB 3 star

Fella on the Miami commit list, Nick Menocal....OLB.....3 star .....is listed as now opening up visits. Iowa offered earlier on him as well.

Sounds like the Michigan program is still in limbo with the AD staying quiet. Certain contract money not payable if they wait till early 2011 for a change.

Our program needs a shot in the arm right now with some good news on the recruiting front. With all that has happened in the later part of the season I'm sure our competition isn't lacking for ammo to use in their discussions with players and parents.

Latest posts