Tracking 2011 class offers

Thanks for the info on the Gamecocks.

Anyhow, I'd love for us to land Byrd.

Regardless of whether we land him or not ... this recruiting class is still going to be a VERY special group!

Homer, what do you think of our chances for Arnett? Obviously he seems like a long shot, but who are the apparent leaders for him? Just curious if perhaps he's taking a visit to Michigan this weekend, as a win for us could possibly help our chances.

I saw that Delvin Simmons a 6'5" 265 lbs DT is trying to visit Iowa. I know they are still trying to get Cooper out of Maryland. What do you think our chances with both are? And do you think that with that size Simmons could slide to the outside??

I saw that Delvin Simmons a 6'5" 265 lbs DT is trying to visit Iowa. I know they are still trying to get Cooper out of Maryland. What do you think our chances with both are? And do you think that with that size Simmons could slide to the outside??

It all depends on how well Simmons moves. It's no secret that Iowa likes "big" strong-side DEs. If Simmons can move ... then there's certainly a chance that Iowa could be projecting him at EITHER DT or DE. However, considering that we're losing BOTH Ballard and Klug and the fact that BOTH Daniels and Nardo will be SRs in 2011 ... I'm inclined to believe that the coaches feel that reloading at DT is still really important.

As for what I think of our chances, it seemed before that Simmons (and his teammate Jackson) were all about North Carolina. Considering all the poo that's hit the fan over there ... that has probably forced those guys to reassess things. The very fact that Simmons wants to visit is definitely a promising sign. Traditionally, our chances of landing a recruit go up by a significant factor after they've taken an official visit.

And, for the record, that's another reason why we should be keeping an eye on whether Kirby and Williams end up taking an official visit too.

I think that Iowa has a decent shot to land a number of the quality guys we're "in on" in the state of PA. Our chances are certainly helped by the fact that recruits aren't going to get a terribly positive impression of PSU from the "issues" that they're likely having in the locker room. Furthermore, Pitt will likely do okay this season ... but not great. And, provided that Iowa takes care of business ... that will definitely make Iowa seem like it's more "big time" than Pitt.

Lastly, it also really helps that Iowa landed such a quality guys like Raymon.

If Iowa can land either some more guys from either PA or MD ... then those guys will probably exploit social networks to help Iowa haul in even more guys from those states. There are quite a number of quality guys from MD and PA that Iowa is in on ....

Law (MD) - safety
Price (PA) - LB
Jefferson (PA) - OLB/DE
Cooper (MD) - DT
Kouandjio (MD) - OT
Kirby (PA) - CB/S
Williams (PA) - WR
Jackson (PA) - OLB/DE
Simmons (PA) - DL
Raymon (PA) - DE [commit]

And, if we add NJ to the mix too (because of close geographic proximity) ...

Tabb (NJ) - OLB/DE/TE
Byrd (NJ) - WR

Both Simmons and Jackson look like studs. It's amazing to think what this class could possibly be if a few of these guys jump on board. Though I doubt Arnett comes on board I'd think he'd be a great get. however, we do have a few receivers in this class already and if we could get a few (Darboh, and maybe that Beckham guy, they would be catching a lot of Rudock's future passes)

Both Simmons and Jackson look like studs. It's amazing to think what this class could possibly be if a few of these guys jump on board. Though I doubt Arnett comes on board I'd think he'd be a great get. however, we do have a few receivers in this class already and if we could get a few (Darboh, and maybe that Beckham guy, they would be catching a lot of Rudock's future passes)

Hopefully Jackson comes with Simmons to watch the wisc game. Does anyone know if we have a legit shot at either of the two? By looking at their other offers (biased) I think Iowa would be the smart choice lol.

Homer, what do you think of our chances for Arnett? Obviously he seems like a long shot, but who are the apparent leaders for him? Just curious if perhaps he's taking a visit to Michigan this weekend, as a win for us could possibly help our chances.

Saw in another thread he was a Cal lean, or really liked his visit there and was ready to committ (to someone) soon.

Hopefully Jackson comes with Simmons to watch the wisc game. Does anyone know if we have a legit shot at either of the two? By looking at their other offers (biased) I think Iowa would be the smart choice lol.

I still think that it is a stretch for Iowa to land EITHER one of them ... however, as it stands, I'd probably say that Iowa has a better shot of landing Simmons. Hopefully he really likes his visit!

Hey Homer,

Any updates on what recruits are coming this weekend? I thought I heard that Armstead Williams and Dondi Kirby were coming but anyone else?

Hey Homer,

Any updates on what recruits are coming this weekend? I thought I heard that Armstead Williams and Dondi Kirby were coming but anyone else?

From HawkeyeInsider there's a post saying that French, Simmons, and Jackson will all be visiting.

Others seem to be indicating that Iowa will be having A LOT of recruits visiting this weekend. I don't know who all will be coming though.

From HawkeyeInsider there's a post saying that French, Simmons, and Jackson will all be visiting.

Others seem to be indicating that Iowa will be having A LOT of recruits visiting this weekend. I don't know who all will be coming though.

They're all going to be able to meet Shonn Greene...Kirk said he is coming to Kinnick since he has a buy week!

Dondi Kirby and Armstead Williams had unofficials during the Iowa/PSU weekend... both said they really enjoyed

Kirby has also gotten down to his "top 5" Florida, Iowa, Maryland, UNC, USC therefore almost guaranteeing a visit to Iowa from him.
Also it would make sense that Williams would be along on that visit as they have been noted as friends. Hopefully this weekend

Has anyone heard anything about Darian Cooper? I think this kid could be a stud at the next level. Just wondering if he is planning on official to Iowa or not?

What's the latest with Ejuan Price? I thought I remembered reading a couple weeks ago that he and Pitt had kind of cooled off, and was kind of back to where he started (neck and neck between us and OSU). Is he planning to take an official on the 20th?

Latest posts