Tracking 2011 class offers

Zettel narrowed his top 5 - included Iowa

"I've got no favorites," he said. "I'm looking for a good education, good football, the personality of the coaches and players, the campuses, I'm looking at everything."

If Zettel doesn't go to Michigan ... I think he ends up a Hawkeye. However, there is going to have to be an awful lot of uncertaintly swirling around Michigan for him to end up a Hawk though ...

Then I say even money he comes here if Michigan loses to Illinois. That game is likely Rich Rod's last "make or break" opportunity. They lose, and there will be A LOT of uncertainty in Ann Arbor.

And what's the deal with Cyrus K? Iowa isn't listed as a school of interest on Scout, but we are on Rivals. What's you best guess with him? Thinking about that offensive line is scary: Blythe, Walsh, Zettel, and CK? Wow.

tm3308 -

I'm not certain about CK. I wonder if part of his criteria is also related to requiring a team to necessarily be in the National Championship picture. If so ... the fact that Iowa dropped 2 games this year might make him wary of ability of the Hawks to be legit NC contenders.

On the flip side, if he cares about being on a good team and having a favorable path to the NFL ... I would guess that we're still in the running.

Another thing to remember is that scout isn't always so good when it comes to recruiting.

We've been after him as a wide out since we've been recruiting him.

i'm guessing that's what he wants to play, as Kirk and Co usually let a kid try wherever they like and if that doesn't work out then allow them to switch. i don't know enough about him to know if he really has a legit shot at that or something else.

i'm guessing that's what he wants to play, as Kirk and Co usually let a kid try wherever they like and if that doesn't work out then allow them to switch. i don't know enough about him to know if he really has a legit shot at that or something else.

His people are thinking that he can make a difference on the offensive side of the ball. He certainly has the size and speed to make a very attractive WR. He will need to work on things such as route running and his hands, which are certainly things that can be coached.

My sleeper pick for a long shot committ just committed to Tennessee. DeAnthony Arnett committed to Tennessee.

WOW! From what everyone had been saying, I was expecting him to go to MSU. Dooley pulled a good one out of the hat there.

A bunch of updates made.

Dallas Crawford to Michigan
Arnett to Tennessee
Hayes to Wisky (although I'm still not clear if he ever had an offer)

Also, FWIW, I'm continue to be struck by the fact that Iowa hasn't extended a new offer (at least none have been reported) for a LONG TIME. That tells me that either the recruiting class is going to be smaller than I anticipated (I thought that it would be nearer to 25 than 20) .... OR the coaches are pretty darn confident about how they're standing with guys.

Latest posts