Tracking 2011 class offers

I have 2 questions homer.
1. not a question, but Poteat is Cincinnati commit now,
2. When did McCall become a committ, I thought he put the kabash on the rumors and was still looking around?

To my understanding, McCall is now a commit ... perhaps a "soft verbal" ... but a verbal nonetheless. The rivals site has him listed as one and they tend to be much more up to date on these things than the scout site.

As for Poteat ... correct. I just hadn't updated him. Thanks for the reminder. As we get closer to Feb ... we're likely going to see a good bit more of "swirling" of decisions going around too.

Any chance we can pry away Justice Hayes from Michigan now? He already decommited from ND, so I doubt he would recommit, any chance we can land him on a decommit after Rich Rod got canned?

I think we take 2 or 3more CB/Safety types, there are quite a few offers out, who do you think we get.

Safety (per scout)
Rodney Mills (FL)
Nicholas Law IOWA committ

CB
Raymon Taylor (MI)
Lafayette Pitts (PA)
Tamani Carter (OH)
Jeremiah Hendy (MD)
Sherrard Harrington (DC)

I think that Hendy is more of Safety prospect. I really like Taylor and Carter, but I think Carter is going to Arizona or Stanford. I think we get Harrington as we are his best offer, and he has us as high interest. Law is really working on Hendy, so that's a possibility, and Pitts wants to be a RB, but I think we have a chance there. I don't think Mills is coming to Iowa either. I think Iowa's best shots would be Harrington and Hendy, but neither of those guys strike me as true corners. I would really like to get Taylor, but don't know what he thinks of Iowa.

Any ideas out there?

What are our chances with

Darian Cooper
Delvon Simmons
Elijah Price

Where are these guys leaning
Sorry im a little late to the game if these guys have been discussed

It seemed that Delvon Simmons has been leaning towards Texas Tech, but I don't know about that anymore. I don't know how interested he is in Iowa (must be pretty interested, he used an official visit on us), but this doesn't bode well for Tech. 2 years probation for recruiting violations.

NCAA: Texas Tech broke major recruiting rules in football, softball, golf - ESPN

he wants to come back but it may not be in his best interest, he can start with a clean academic slate anywhere else but if he comes back to OSU he has to pick up where he left off. Its a lot tougher road to hoe... He has visited LSU and has mentioned visiting Oregon and Oklahoma....I don't see him going to another B10 team

Heard he wants to stay in Florida Fufred. Oh well..It was a fun thought...

Also hearing we are running out in the sweepstakes For Cyrus K. May not even visit anymore...

A few updates:

Doran Grant to tOSU (kinda old news)
Hendy - re-emphasizing that he's a "soft-verbal" to Maryland
Armstead Williams to Purdue
Quinton Jefferson to Maryland
Tamani Carter to Minnesota

An intriguing class so far. I really like who we have. I'll be very curious how we close things out.

A recap:

OL - Blythe, Walsh, Heiar [JUCO]
TE - Hamilton
ATH/TE/WR - Duzey (nice versatility)
ATH/TE/LEO/DL - Krieger-Coble (nice versatility)
WR - Grant, Vincent, Hillyer
QB - Rudock
RB - Coe, McCall

DL - McMinn, Raymon
LB - Fisher, Spears, Orloff, Alston
S - Law
CB - Campbell

REMARKS: Given the versatility of some of our TE and LB recruits, I'm thinking that some of those guys might be able to replenish any perceived "need" at DE. It also makes me worry about how the Iowa coaches are viewing the possibility of Nielsen's recovery. My bets are that they anticipate that a few young LBs will have a chance to earn early playing time.

It's still a mystery to me how we'll fill out things at DB. It seems to me that the coaches seem to be playing it like they have some candidates that they really like effectively on board ... thus, some recruits must be giving them some really positive vibes.

In your opinion who are the top guys left on our board?

The coaches seem to be trying to keep Cooper in the picture. I think that the coaches already view Cyrus in the rearview.

My little bit of "wishful" thinking still regards Tabb. We probably have less chance with Tabb ... however, I "want" us to have more of a chance. Thus, please note my bias there.

Also, let me reiterate that I'm not insider here. A lot of this is playing hunches and just going off of what I've read. I'm intrigued at what folks are saying about Iowa cooling on Harrington.

Here are folks who are already "knowns" who I think that we still have the most shot at:

- Price [LB]: tOSU fans like their chances ... however, I'm wondering if Iowa might land a Price/Pitts "package deal"
- Pitts [CB/RB]: versatile player ... may have struck up a positive friendship with Alston ... and also goes to highschool with Price
- Perry [DB]: versatile player ... a safety type ... clearly a guy who the Iowa coaches have interest in
- Tabb [LEO LB/TE]: if the TE-"angle" is on the table, Iowa's chances go up quite a lot ... as maybe I've alluded, my judgement is probably clouded concerning our chances with him. A man can "hope" though ....
- Williams : that is, if he still visits. Having Illinois take Kirby could have put his nose out of joint. Furthermore, Iowa can sell A TON of opportunity at S.
- Taylor [CB]: if the 'ship remains good on Michigan's end ... and if they land a good coach, we still could miss out here.

FOR THE RECORD: I'd love for Iowa to land Cooper. However, I think that Iowa was pulling out all stops with Ferentz's visit to Cooper just to get Iowa to get a visit (certainly not a sign where we have much recruiting leverage there). I have no idea how Iowa sits for his services.

Last edited:
The coaches seem to be trying to keep Cooper in the picture. I think that the coaches already view Cyrus in the rearview.

My little bit of "wishful" thinking still regards Tabb. We probably have less chance with Tabb ... however, I "want" us to have more of a chance. Thus, please note my bias there.

Also, let me reiterate that I'm not insider here. A lot of this is playing hunches and just going off of what I've read. I'm intrigued at what folks are saying about Iowa cooling on Harrington.

Here are folks who are already "knowns" who I think that we still have the most shot at:

- Price [LB]: tOSU fans like their chances ... however, I'm wondering if Iowa might land a Price/Pitts "package deal"
- Pitts [CB/RB]: versatile player ... may have struck up a positive friendship with Alston ... and also goes to highschool with Price
- Perry [DB]: versatile player ... a safety type ... clearly a guy who the Iowa coaches have interest in
- Tabb [LEO LB/TE]: if the TE-"angle" is on the table, Iowa's chances go up quite a lot ... as maybe I've alluded, my judgement is probably clouded concerning our chances with him. A man can "hope" though ....
- Williams : that is, if he still visits. Having Illinois take Kirby could have put his nose out of joint. Furthermore, Iowa can sell A TON of opportunity at S.
- Taylor [CB]: if the 'ship remains good on Michigan's end ... and if they land a good coach, we still could miss out here.

FOR THE RECORD: I'd love for Iowa to land Cooper. However, I think that Iowa was pulling out all stops with Ferentz's visit to Cooper just to get Iowa to get a visit (certainly not a sign where we have much recruiting leverage there). I have no idea how Iowa sits for his services.

I'm just curious who this is. The only williams I have heard about was Armstead, and I'm pretty sure he committed to Purdue, is there another one that I can't find?

Latest posts