Tracking 2011 class offers

Sounds like they just quit contacting him. Its really strange that PSU showed no interest and Pitt shows little interest now on this kid. His film is very, very good and it makes me wonder if they know something other teams don't.

Sounds like they just quit contacting him. Its really strange that PSU showed no interest and Pitt shows little interest now on this kid. His film is very, very good and it makes me wonder if they know something other teams don't.
That is a little scary. Could be interesting as the recruiting process continues.

fufred -

Is it known whether Iowa and tOSU are still actively recruiting him?

Was curious Homer if you had any scoop on a couple WR's. WR seems like it should be a point of interest considering our graduation losses and with only two confirmed verbals for the class (would assume at least one more, and realizing French could very well head out of state). Kenny Knight (MI) and Dexter Bridge (PA). Knight kid (6'4") is already actively being pursued by Big Ten schools and has good intangibles. Being right in Soup's backyard, I'm curious as to what is keeping Iowa away from this kid, seems like a potential game breaker. Already has Iowa as a school of interest. Bridge (6'2) is a receiver from Pennsylvania with game speed looking much faster than his reported 4.6. Very few offers playing on a team that doesn't throw much. Seems to be just the type of diamond in the rough Iowa normally finds.

Last edited:
with Spears committing to Iowa this morning, I don't see Price doing the same, unless one of them thinks they can move to the outside.

I don't think Spears commitment will keep Price from committing if he wants to....Price is a longshot anyway with OSU involved but I hope Iowa can reel him in.....We have a need at LB.

with Spears committing to Iowa this morning, I don't see Price doing the same, unless one of them thinks they can move to the outside.

We can always teach a different position maybe even d end or d tackle, if they are willing to work to put on the weight. Look at what Binns did.

I still see Iowa looking to land AT LEAST 4 LBs in the 2011 recruiting class. So far we have 3 commits. If I were to venture a guess ... I think that we'd be shooting for a guy who is a particularly good fit for our LEO LB spot.

Thus, I look for Iowa to keep recruiting Tabb pretty darn hard.

Also, you have to remember that not every commit (including LB commits) end up sticking on the roster (like Gray). Furthermore, different guys develop at different rates. Thus, in order to keep the level of competition high ... we need to make sure that we're well stocked with quality LBs. As a result, even if Iowa ends up landing Tabb, I really wouldn't be surprised if we kept the offer extended out to Price. Besides, we've been trying to break into the western PA recruiting market forever ... the coaches likely won't abandon a recruit it if they think that they have a good chance of landing the kid.

I still see Iowa looking to land AT LEAST 4 LBs in the 2011 recruiting class. So far we have 3 commits. If I were to venture a guess ... I think that we'd be shooting for a guy who is a particularly good fit for our LEO LB spot.

Thus, I look for Iowa to keep recruiting Tabb pretty darn hard.

Also, you have to remember that not every commit (including LB commits) end up sticking on the roster (like Gray). Furthermore, different guys develop at different rates. Thus, in order to keep the level of competition high ... we need to make sure that we're well stocked with quality LBs. As a result, even if Iowa ends up landing Tabb, I really wouldn't be surprised if we kept the offer extended out to Price. Besides, we've been trying to break into the western PA recruiting market forever ... the coaches likely won't abandon a recruit it if they think that they have a good chance of landing the kid.

I agree homer, I was looking at it more from would Price want to still come to Iowa.

Nice thing about Tabb is that he could project well at TE, LB or DE.....there are a lot of recruits in the current class that have the ability to play multiple positions.

I agree homer, I was looking at it more from would Price want to still come to Iowa.

I don't know. The competition that he'd face at EITHER Iowa or tOSU would be pretty fierce. One difference that I'd see is that tOSU plays a lot more nickel than Iowa does ... and that means more occasions when they only have 2 LBs on the field. In contrast, Iowa almost always has 3 LBs on the field. By the way that Iowa lines LBs up on WRs ... I kinda think that that ends up giving Iowa's ILBs a more well-rounded training.

Pretty brutal that Byrd's official visit to south carolina was today...probably puts the psu game to shame beating the #1 team in the nation....

You never know. South Carolina is definitely a decent choice. However, Iowa already has a proven guy who will be stepping up at QB in 2011. I'm not certain if South Carolina can say that too.

You never know. South Carolina is definitely a decent choice. However, Iowa already has a proven guy who will be stepping up at QB in 2011. I'm not certain if South Carolina can say that too.

I think South Carolina's back-up QB is a RS frosh or true frosh that enrolled early, and they're very, very high on him. Garcia has even been benched / subbed for multiple times this season so the younger QB can take reps, and from what I've seen the underclassmen is a really good athlete and I think is the clear, unquestioned heir apparent. I definitely don't think you can say he's "proven," but I think it's clear he's the next QB.

Pretty brutal that Byrd's official visit to south carolina was today...probably puts the psu game to shame beating the #1 team in the nation....

I was at the game yesterday afternoon. On multiple occasions I have been to a game at Williams-Brice and it paled in comparison to the atmosphere at Kinnick. That being said, yesterday afternoon in Columbia was absolutely amazing for the home team. The entire stadium stayed almost 20 minutes after the end of the game and the Gamecock fan to my right, a fan for over 30 years, was in tears.

Connor Shaw is the true freshman quarterback that backs up Garcia, he's a solid quarterback and has potential as long as The Old Ball Coach doesn't bench him for another quarterback as is often the case. Great arm and solid footwork, the kid can scramble.

I don't know that South Carolina can offer the consistency that Iowa can, and the opportunity that Byrd would have to win multiple conference championships and huge games. At South Carolina, the chance that they stay atop the SEC East and their conference for that matter seem a bit far fetched.

Latest posts