Tiger Woods is Back!!

Best golfer that's ever lived. I love Jack and Arnie and Seve, etc. But none of them had the fields that Tiger destroyed.
I dont disagreee that Tiger may be the best golfer that ever lived. Nicklaus never worked on his short game on into the green as his iron accuracy was great and he was a great putter. But I really disagree with this statement about the playing fields that Tiger has destroyed. Arnold had to play against Hogan and Nicklaus and Trevino and these three players were way better than most of today's worldwide golfers. Nicklaus was competing with many more players who won 3 majors in their careers, such as , Palmer, Player, Trevino, Watson, Faldo, Seve, etc. Man, if you think Tiger has played against stronger fields in the majors you dont know golf. Tiger may have played against deeper fields from #2 to #150 in the field but definitely not the level of golfers who showed they could win majors time in and time out. I am waiting to see how tiger attacks augusta with his new high fade as the course really sets up for draws from a right hander.

the reason people haven't showed they can win majors time in and time out is because of how deep the fields are. its easier to win majors when there are only a hand full of people good enough to challenge you. if Jack played 4 "good" rounds of golf there were only a few people that could beat him by playing great. now days there are 50 to 100 guys who are capable of putting 4 great rounds of golf together and beating tiger when he's not on his best game.

a few years ago tiger got 2nd in I think 3 majors in a row. he played pretty good in those but each time there was 1 player who put it all together for 1 great week and beat him.

I followed Tiger, Zach Johnson and several others around the course at Whistling Striaghts in Kohler when they had the PGA Championship there.

His behavior was fine.

Zach is actually one of the slowest golfers out there. He backs away from his shot several time. He is difficult to watch.

These guys are athletes. They are mostly gentlemen also, but in competiton, and especially golf, it's pretty difficult to not be emotional, and not let it show.

Saturday Tiger was obviously upset when someone screamed in his back swing (really ****** off all the way down the fairway, and vocal), and yet later at his press conference, after he found out a child had fainted, he was a gentleman.

I need to ask this question. Would I have behaved any differently if this happened to me, and I assumed what everyone else assumed, including the color commentators, that some idiot had yelled during my back swing?

Last edited:
Tiger is a slime ball on and off the course. He is a great golfer no doubt. Until the deal with his wife, most golfers never said anything bad about him. After that there were plenty of bad comments. One thing that ticks off other golfers is the fist pump. He said he was going to change his behavior on the course, but has not. I think he will win a major, but he will not dominate like in the past. Too many good golfers out there. There are a lot of guys that can blow the ball by him.

The fist pump?? You must have a hidden agenda.

I read numerous comments after Tiger's problems with his wife. Several golfers said they did not like the fist pump. So get off my case.

the reason people haven't showed they can win majors time in and time out is because of how deep the fields are. its easier to win majors when there are only a hand full of people good enough to challenge you. if Jack played 4 "good" rounds of golf there were only a few people that could beat him by playing great. now days there are 50 to 100 guys who are capable of putting 4 great rounds of golf together and beating tiger when he's not on his best game.

a few years ago tiger got 2nd in I think 3 majors in a row. he played pretty good in those but each time there was 1 player who put it all together for 1 great week and beat him.
Nicklaus finished 2nd in 19 majors (more than he won which was 18). He also finished 3rd in 9 other majors. The 46 top 3 finishes might be his best accomplishment.

the reason people haven't showed they can win majors time in and time out is because of how deep the fields are. its easier to win majors when there are only a hand full of people good enough to challenge you. if Jack played 4 "good" rounds of golf there were only a few people that could beat him by playing great. now days there are 50 to 100 guys who are capable of putting 4 great rounds of golf together and beating tiger when he's not on his best game.a few years ago tiger got 2nd in I think 3 majors in a row. he played pretty good in those but each time there was 1 player who put it all together for 1 great week and beat him.
Nicklaus finished 2nd in 19 majors (more than he won which was 18). He also finished 3rd in 9 other majors. The 46 top 3 finishes might be his best accomplishment.

with the competition he played against he should have finished top 5 in almost every one of them. how can you not finish top 5 when there are only 3 good golfers?

with the competition he played against he should have finished top 5 in almost every one of them. how can you not finish top 5 when there are only 3 good golfers?

There is some truth to this. But I'm guessing, and not trying to be insulting, that you don't play golf, or at least not competitive golf? It is tough to be up, at the correct time, for the correct tournament, on demand.

.There is some truth to this. But I'm guessing, and not trying to be insulting, that you don't play golf, or at least not competitive golf? It is tough to be up, at the correct time, for the correct tournament, on demand.

my point is when you play against such weak competition you don't have to be up to finish on the leader board

Tiger's on -course behavior may be getting better, but it's still a far cry from annointing him a gentlemen. I lip-read his curses on Sunday. The TV directors do him no favors on the facial close-ups, but he knows they are there at any time.

I guess his achilles heel must be better than two weeks ago when he WD'd on Sunday because he hit it in the water 6 back and had no chance.

He may be able to hit a golf ball, but he is a disgrace to the sport. I hope he never wins another tournament.

Tiger's on -course behavior may be getting better, but it's still a far cry from annointing him a gentlemen. I lip-read his curses on Sunday. The TV directors do him no favors on the facial close-ups, but he knows they are there at any time.

I guess his achilles heel must be better than two weeks ago when he WD'd on Sunday because he hit it in the water 6 back and had no chance.

He may be able to hit a golf ball, but he is a disgrace to the sport. I hope he never wins another tournament.

how is he a disgrace, he committed no crime that i know of, and its not like the world is pure of unfaithful partners in marriage, there are other sports stars that even brag about their affairs,
Isuppose you wish them the same bad misforetunes.
come back and talk when he committs a crime of note.
he owes the public nothing other than to play the game and compete, and there are more than just 3-5 other golfers that can win on any weekend, even Arnold palmer never won them all nor did Michelson nor will anyother golfer win them all

Herby make much sense. These parts anyway:

"how is he a disgrace, he committed no crime that i know of," (excepting the rumors of hookers, which no one has ever proven, and where no charges have ever been filed)

AND

"there are more than just 3-5 other golfers that can win on any weekend, even Arnold palmer never won them all nor did Michelson nor will anyother golfer win them all"

Waiting expectantly, while eating dinner for more big fun to come here.

Last edited:
Tiger's on -course behavior may be getting better, but it's still a far cry from annointing him a gentlemen. I lip-read his curses on Sunday. The TV directors do him no favors on the facial close-ups, but he knows they are there at any time.I guess his achilles heel must be better than two weeks ago when he WD'd on Sunday because he hit it in the water 6 back and had no chance.He may be able to hit a golf ball, but he is a disgrace to the sport. I hope he never wins another tournament.
how is he a disgrace, he committed no crime that i know of, and its not like the world is pure of unfaithful partners in marriage, there are other sports stars that even brag about their affairs, Isuppose you wish them the same bad misforetunes.come back and talk when he committs a crime of note. he owes the public nothing other than to play the game and compete, and there are more than just 3-5 other golfers that can win on any weekend, even Arnold palmer never won them all nor did Michelson nor will anyother golfer win them all

Never said he commited a crime. He just doesn't represent his sport very well beyond golfing his ball well. There's a lot of history to golf (longer than football). It has always been considered a gentleme's game, and he is no gentlemen.

The fact that so many are willing to put up with his behavior is, I guess, a general willingness to accept the coarsening of society at any cost.

Not to mention his use of performance enhancing drugs. Have you noticed how much smaller he is now?

Don't blow your achilles heel fallin off your soapbox!!!!!:D

Tiger's on -course behavior may be getting better, but it's still a far cry from annointing him a gentlemen. I lip-read his curses on Sunday. The TV directors do him no favors on the facial close-ups, but he knows they are there at any time.I guess his achilles heel must be better than two weeks ago when he WD'd on Sunday because he hit it in the water 6 back and had no chance.He may be able to hit a golf ball, but he is a disgrace to the sport. I hope he never wins another tournament.
Don't blow your achilles heel fallin off your soapbox!!!!!:D

Sorry. I just get tired of people annointing him as the greatest. I think to be considered the greatest you need to give something back to the sport beyond giving money that comes so easily at the rate he has made it. It comes down to how he represents himself both on and off the course. I've been to the Pro-am days when the pros are much.more accessible. He comes off as cold and arrogant.

Latest posts