Thunder/Heat

also keep this handy for grading the game.

Official NBA Analyst/Expert Game Worksheet - SportsPickle Opinion
1889d01bc1614dd4af8996ea45607f86.jpg
48d0654bdc9b73911572c1a746fe4409-official-nba-analystexpert-game-worksheet.jpg

Brooks is playing Perkins way too much. He provides nothing offensively and can't guard the Heat bigs on the perimeter.

Brooks is playing Perkins way too much. He provides nothing offensively and can't guard the Heat bigs on the perimeter.

It took Brooks a couple games in the Spurs series to realize to go with the smaller lineup.

I would take Durant and Westbrook over James and Wade every day of the week. The Thunder completely took Miami's transition game away. Excellent D. Collison was Huge. Good to see an Iowa Lad make an impact.....

Heat looked stale and stagnant relying on three pointers most of the game. As they say: live and die by the three.....

Series isn't over, but the Heat have their hands full right now. If Miami doesn't establish their transition game and stop the Thunder in transition, the Championship is the Thunders to lose....

:)

Heat have no chance if Wade continues to suck. Bosh was completely ineffective as well. If Wade keeps playing like this it will be a sweep.

If Kevin Durant is the new face of the NBA, I just might become a "fan" again. Love the way he plays, love his demeanor and attitude, love his maturity. OKC plays great team basketball, and he sets the tone. Pretty solid leadership for a 23 year-old.

Chosen one? I'll pass. Durant is the "deserving one".

The heat need a respected coach who can convince them to play some semblance of real basketball.

Watching 4 players stand around while Wade forces off balanced jumpers or Lebron tries to take a guy 60 pounds lighter off the dribble is just a dumb and ugly excuse for basketball.

Should be interesting series, really felt like this was a game the Heat had to win with all the extra scoring they had got from Battier, and Chalmers, but the Thunder were just to much for them in the end. Should be fun to see where both teams go from here.

Should be interesting series, really felt like this was a game the Heat had to win with all the extra scoring they had got from Battier, and Chalmers, but the Thunder were just to much for them in the end. Should be fun to see where both teams go from here.
Yep. The adjustments in game 2 will be fun to watch. Will LeBron guard Durant? The Heat switched most of the time in game 1 - will they do the same in game 2?

all i know right now is that the 2-3-2 format can play a huge role in this series...especially if the heat can win game 2. because it is unlikely that the thunder can win 2 in miami. and if they lose game 2 and win 1 in miami they get 2 games in okc but they are down in the series. i think the 2-3-2 format has as much influence on the finals as the referees. i wouldnt blame a ref for losing but they have some influence on the game. same with the format.

if westbrook can limit his turnovers like he has been it should be the thunders series. cant believe how efficient durant was...he was great...36 pts while shooting 20 shots...wow.

I would take Durant and Westbrook over James and Wade every day of the week. The Thunder completely took Miami's transition game away. Excellent D. Collison was Huge. Good to see an Iowa Lad make an impact.....

Heat looked stale and stagnant relying on three pointers most of the game. As they say: live and die by the three.....

Series isn't over, but the Heat have their hands full right now. If Miami doesn't establish their transition game and stop the Thunder in transition, the Championship is the Thunders to lose....

:)

Well said. It was great to see Nick Collison make a good contribution last night. (8pts 10rbs and solid D) He is still one of the best players I've watched at the IA HS B-ball tourney when leading Iowa Falls to state title.

Miami is in trouble if they cannot stop Westbrook from penetrating all the way to the hoop and either scoring or dishing off. The Heat really suffer by Not having a big man in the middle who can intimidate on Defense.

Very impressed with Durant's overall game. What a beautiful jump shot!

Remaining games should be very entertaining.

That is what I was thinking. They play that way in the first half and they beat pretty much every other team other than maybe the Spurs by 10+

That is what I was thinking. They play that way in the first half and they beat pretty much every other team other than maybe the Spurs by 10+

I told my friend in the first half when the Heat were up 11 that the Thunder would win this game. I knew that Chalmers and Battier were essentially done scoring for the game because OKC would shore up the defense in the 2nd half. Wade and Bosh had been ineffective and regardless of what the role players do they both have to play well for the Heat to have any chance. I don't know if Wade's injury is more serious that what we are hearing about or what, but Lebron can get 35 - 10 - 8 all series and they will still lose if the other 2 don't get it going.

Game 1 was not a must win for Miami. As always in this goofy format it's important for the road team to get 1 of the first two. They really need game 2 now though. Not quite a must win but in reality it is because I can't imagine Miami sweeping OKC at home.

Game 1 was not a must win for Miami. As always in this goofy format it's important for the road team to get 1 of the first two. They really need game 2 now though. Not quite a must win but in reality it is because I can't imagine Miami sweeping OKC at home.

Does anyone know the reasoning that they use to change it up in the finals when it works so well the other series at 2-2-1-1-1

It was for travel reasons in the early days of the NBA, to reduce cross country flights, and they've just always kept it.

It is stupid, but I guess it could be worse. They could give the worse record the first 2 home games like in baseball this year.

Latest posts