Thunder/Heat

I don't understand why the refs got to review the play where it went out off of Sefalosha's hand and then in earlier in the game there was a play that was similar to that where one ref didn't know whose ball it should be and they didn't review it?

The refs were absolutely horrible! Not just on one side either. I thought they called fouls where no one got touched, missed fouls where there was one. They messed up the goaltending call in the first half which was huge because it was a potential 4 point swing. Then of course the missed the last foul where Lebron fouled Durant. I also thought that there could have been a fould on Lebron on the rebound of Durant's miss because Westbrook went up to get it with two hands and Lebron swiped one of hes arms away from the ball. To me that is clearly a foul as well.

It was amazing that OKC even had a chance to tie or win the game after how poor Westbrook played in the first half and with Durant's foul troubles and with Miami playaing so good. I think Miami played as well as they possibly could.

I don't understand why the refs got to review the play where it went out off of Sefalosha's hand and then in earlier in the game there was a play that was similar to that where one ref didn't know whose ball it should be and they didn't review it?

The refs were absolutely horrible! Not just on one side either. I thought they called fouls where no one got touched, missed fouls where there was one. They messed up the goaltending call in the first half which was huge because it was a potential 4 point swing. Then of course the missed the last foul where Lebron fouled Durant. I also thought that there could have been a fould on Lebron on the rebound of Durant's miss because Westbrook went up to get it with two hands and Lebron swiped one of hes arms away from the ball. To me that is clearly a foul as well.

It was amazing that OKC even had a chance to tie or win the game after how poor Westbrook played in the first half and with Durant's foul troubles and with Miami playaing so good. I think Miami played as well as they possibly could.
The review of out of bound plays is limited to the last 2 minutes of regulation and overtime periods.

NBA approves changes to instant replay rules | NBA.com

Review is only availble to the refs in the last 2 minutes of the game I believe. Only certain plays, like the one you mentioned, are reviewable.

I'm pretty sure the refs are supposed review close calls inside the last two minutes. Lebron clearly fouled Durant at the end but Durant also clearly should of got a charge on Battier on the previous play which would of fouled him out. The Thunder are yet to shoot the percentage they're capable of and I expect them to get the ball to Durant more in the first half. I also don't think Durant should be guarding Lebron. He's going to keep getting in foul trouble that way. Nobody is going to shut Lebron down anyway. Durant needs to play the entire game for the offense he brings.

I'm pretty sure the refs are supposed review close calls inside the last two minutes. Lebron clearly fouled Durant at the end but Durant also clearly should of got a charge on Battier on the previous play which would of fouled him out. The Thunder are yet to shoot the percentage they're capable of and I expect them to get the ball to Durant more in the first half. I also don't think Durant should be guarding Lebron. He's going to keep getting in foul trouble that way. Nobody is going to shut Lebron down anyway. Durant needs to play the entire game for the offense he brings.

That was not a charge, he continued moving when Durant was in the air.

It seems pretty stupid to review close calls only at the end of the game. Stupid David Stern. IF you are going to review close calls then review all of them because calls at the begining can be just as important as calls at the end.

That was not a charge, he continued moving when Durant was in the air.

It seems pretty stupid to review close calls only at the end of the game. Stupid David Stern. IF you are going to review close calls then review all of them because calls at the begining can be just as important as calls at the end.

Should they also change the stopped clock in the NBA? And NFL? Time in the rest of the game is just as important.

Durant shouldn't be guarding LeBron because he's terrible at it.

Interesting series. Wade is going to put up another stinker game and there is no way that Battier stays this hot. I have to admit I'm rooting for LeBron and the Heat simply because I want to see him win to **** off all the people who just can't stand him for what I think are ridiculous reasons.

That was not a charge, he continued moving when Durant was in the air. It seems pretty stupid to review close calls only at the end of the game. Stupid David Stern. IF you are going to review close calls then review all of them because calls at the begining can be just as important as calls at the end.

they arent as important early as late. an oob call with two seconds left can decide a game. an oob call in the first period cant.

Playing devils advocate for both sides:

For Miami: Battier isn't likely to shoot over 60% from 3. Wade played a good game according to the analysts, he was 10-20 for 24 points. If that's Wade playing well, that could be trouble for Miami. Even with LeBron going for 30+ twice and Battier shooting out of his mind, they very easily could be down 0-2.

For OKC: Durant is shooting 57% from the floor. That's not sustainable, even for a great scorer like him. Their Big 3 has played about as well as you could expect them to (68 and 80 points in games 1 and 2 respectively) yet the series is tied at 1-1 heading back to Miami for 3 straight.

they arent as important early as late. an oob call with two seconds left can decide a game. an oob call in the first period cant.

That's not true. A call earlier in the game can change momentum either keep it going for one team or stop it for another. A bad fould call can lead to a player getting in foul trouble and sitting a lot in the first half. That can decide a game. The bad goaltending call could have helped OKC reduce Heat's lead to 6 points instead the lead went to 10. That was a huge call because if helped break the momentum that OKC had at that time.

That's not true. A call earlier in the game can change momentum either keep it going for one team or stop it for another. A bad fould call can lead to a player getting in foul trouble and sitting a lot in the first half. That can decide a game. The bad goaltending call could have helped OKC reduce Heat's lead to 6 points instead the lead went to 10. That was a huge call because if helped break the momentum that OKC had at that time.

Durant did block the ball but the ball was last touched by Bosh. Go back and watch the video. Since the ball was last touched by Bosh it was a goaltend. Watch at about 25 seconds. Clear as day that Bosh touched it last. 100% correct call.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hSdkPqJdy8[/ame]

Last edited:
Playing devils advocate for both sides:

For Miami: Battier isn't likely to shoot over 60% from 3. Wade played a good game according to the analysts, he was 10-20 for 24 points. If that's Wade playing well, that could be trouble for Miami. Even with LeBron going for 30+ twice and Battier shooting out of his mind, they very easily could be down 0-2.

For OKC: Durant is shooting 57% from the floor. That's not sustainable, even for a great scorer like him. Their Big 3 has played about as well as you could expect them to (68 and 80 points in games 1 and 2 respectively) yet the series is tied at 1-1 heading back to Miami for 3 straight.

Battier is completely out of his mind right now. It is hard to think that he can keep shooting that percentage.

Durant did block the ball but the ball was last touched by Bosh. Go back and watch the video. Since the ball was last touched by Bosh it was a goaltend.

I am not saying he didnt touch it last. The ball was not above the rim and not even going towards the basket. It had zero chance of going in. Bad call.

I am not saying he didnt touch it last. The ball was not above the rim and not even going towards the basket. It had zero chance of going in. Bad call.

I wasn't watching to see the play live but he's right, it technically was a goaltend. Once the ball touches the backboard you can't swat it away like that.

I wasn't watching to see the play live but he's right, it technically was a goaltend. Once the ball touches the backboard you can't swat it away like that.

Actually, yes you can if the ball does not go above the rim. The ball barely got to the backboard let alone went above the rim.

Anyway, my point was a bad call early in the game can have just a big of impact as a play late in the game. So why not use review on any play that is too close to call. I think it was just a few minutes earlier that the ball went out of bounds of OKC and they called it out on the Heat. I can't remember if OKC went down and scored but if Heat would have got the ball back and scored, OKC may never have got as close as they did. Hence, it was just as important of a call to get right.

If they stopped basketball games for every close call they would take as long as baseball games. I'm sorry but I'd rather there be no review whatsoever as opposed to that.

If they stopped basketball games for every close call they would take as long as baseball games. I'm sorry but I'd rather there be no review whatsoever as opposed to that.

I don't think there should be any review at all for basketball, unless it is a clock issue. But if you are going to allow it because you want to get calls right then do it to get all close calls right not just a ones that happen at the end of the game.

Latest posts