Thunder/Heat

If Bosh keeps hitting outside shots the Thunder may be in trouble with their shot blockers away from the basket. This should be a great series.

I want the Heat to win so people will shut up about Lebron and his stupid comments a few years ago. I'm a Lebron fan in the sense of basketball games and outside of watching him on the basketball court I could care less.

I really do like the young team of the Thunder. They are fun to watch. I think this is a better match up than the Celtics playing. At least for hype.

I think the Heat will win. Both teams have some great players.

This is a pretty good matchup. People keep talking about OKC's shot blockers but unless they play zone (which they may do) Ibaka/Perkins/Collison won't be anywhere near the basket. That's the x-factor that Miami has. OKC's x-factor is Miami really doesn't have anyone who can guard Westbrook one on one.

By "earning it" I mean that he's paid his dues. The Celtics were made in the same way as the Heat. The Heat aren't going to be a dynasty but, like the Celtics, they're in a position to win a championship against a less experienced Thunder team. OK is the team that hasn't paid it's dues- not even made it to the finals once.

No, the Celtics definitely were NOT made the same way as the Heat. Boston traded valuable pieces to get Allen and KG- (Al Jefferson, Top 5 Draft Pick, Delonte West, etc). It isn't even close to the same.

if westbrook can continue his solid play it should be over in 6 games top. heat have no one to guard him outside of lebron. and since lebron will be matched up with durant that means no one. the 4 and 5 guys for okc match up well with bosh. i am not a fan of westbrook as a pg but he is the difference if he doesnt turn the ball over. i really cant wait for the 1 on 1 match up between durant and lebron because i think durant is the better player. i have seen stats on how durant is actually a better defender 1 on 1 than lebron. not sure if i believe it but he has upped his defense a lot since he entered the league. and he definitely is a better true scorer than lebron. the only place i give lebron a decided advantage is as a passer.

I love this matchup and will be cheering for the Heat. As much as most people don't want to see LeBron hold up the trophy, that's how much I don't want to see Clay Bennett hold it up.

was at a gathering last evening with probably 100 people. in one area was a tv with the game on - i didn't hear one person who wanted the heat to win, and i don't think any of them were celtics fans. la ron's fan club is not highly populated.

I think it will go 7 and Idk who wins but id like to think hawk fans aren't ignorant enough to keep saying lebron is over-rated and doesn't deserve this. If you have watched him play this year then your lying to yourself. KD is also a great player and I'm looking forward to this series.

I don't really get the complaint about LeBron joining Wade and Bosh. The fact is, nearly every consistent winner in NBA history had multiple Hall of famers on the team and unless there was a lot of luck involved with Cleveland developing another superstar/hall of fame player, they weren't becoming a multiple title team (though I wouldn't have been stunned if they won one.). A superstar player likely wasn't coming to Cleveland (why would a millionaire choose to live there) so leaving was his option.

I wish he would have went to the Bulls as they would have been a strong contender for many titles and that would have pushed the franchise to elite but it didn't happen. Still hate Miami and I don't really like LeBron (even when he was with Cleveland)I respect him, he's a once in a generation talent and I don't want to miss out on enjoying watching him play.

I don't really get the complaint about LeBron joining Wade and Bosh. The fact is, nearly every consistent winner in NBA history had multiple Hall of famers on the team and unless there was a lot of luck involved with Cleveland developing another superstar/hall of fame player, they weren't becoming a multiple title team (though I wouldn't have been stunned if they won one.). A superstar player likely wasn't coming to Cleveland (why would a millionaire choose to live there) so leaving was his option. I wish he would have went to the Bulls as they would have been a strong contender for many titles and that would have pushed the franchise to elite but it didn't happen. Still hate Miami and I don't really like LeBron (even when he was with Cleveland)I respect him, he's a once in a generation talent and I don't want to miss out on enjoying watching him play.

i personally have no problem with his leaving it is the way he left cleveland and how he arrived in miami that i didnt like. he had that air of belief that he just deserves our admiration and he didnt have to earn it. the audacity to say he would win 6+ rings is just silly. i see nothing wrong with talking a big game but if you do be ready for the criticism when you fail. he acts like he doesnt deserve the criticism.

It's going to be a tough series. I am pulling for the Heat, been a Lebron fan since the HS days.. stil have the HS jersey.
With that said, the big matchup in my eyes is going to be the PG battle.
Westbook is playing really well. I dont know that the Heat have a PG who can offset his production offensively or defensively.
Westbrook, Durant, Harden have been executing extremely well so far.
I want Lebron to get his this year, but it is going to be tough! They need 1 of 2 games to open the series.

i personally have no problem with his leaving it is the way he left cleveland and how he arrived in miami that i didnt like. he had that air of belief that he just deserves our admiration and he didnt have to earn it. the audacity to say he would win 6+ rings is just silly. i see nothing wrong with talking a big game but if you do be ready for the criticism when you fail. he acts like he doesnt deserve the criticism.

Well, yeah. He's a ****** and that's why people hate him. He's just a different kind of ****** than players like Jordan and Kobe and people love/loved them.

You got it Berg. They showed an old clip of Lebron making as azz out of himself upon arriving in Miami a couple years ago. And the broadcaster said "there's a statute of limitations on stupidity" trying to give Lebron a brake.

Not me. He's a dooshbeg...and in many ways, a walking example of why many don't like the NBA. I hope he never wins a title.

Go OKC!

Are you referring to the fact that he walked away from a franchise based in Cleveland? A place nobody in their right mind would want to live.

Or are you referring to the fact that he took less money to play with great players so he would have a better chance at winning championships?

The Jim Gray interview was stupid on his part, no doubt, but honestly would people have the same reaction if Peyton Manning took less money to play with Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson? I doubt it...

Are you referring to the fact that he walked away from a franchise based in Cleveland? A place nobody in their right mind would want to live.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY]HASTILY MADE CLEVELAND TOURISM VIDEO - YouTube[/ame]

I don't think the Heat can defend OKC. If you put Lebron on Durant, who is guarding Westbrook or Harden. No one they put on those guys can guard them because Wade and Chalmers aren't known for their defense. Wade only had to guard a hobbled Ray Allen in the Celts series. OKC is also a really long team and will bother a lot of Heat shots. OKC also has some good interior guys they can put on Bosh. The one thing that OKC must not do though is have a lot of turnovers.

Look at the teams that OKC has had to beat to get to the finals. They have had a much tougher road and have performed better.

I don't think the Heat can defend OKC. If you put Lebron on Durant, who is guarding Westbrook or Harden. No one they put on those guys can guard them because Wade and Chalmers aren't known for their defense. Wade only had to guard a hobbled Ray Allen in the Celts series. OKC is also a really long team and will bother a lot of Heat shots. OKC also has some good interior guys they can put on Bosh. The one thing that OKC must not do though is have a lot of turnovers.

Look at the teams that OKC has had to beat to get to the finals. They have had a much tougher road and have performed better.

Battier is a very good defender, I'd expect him to be on Harden. Wade, Chalmers etc will rotate guarding Westbrook and he'll create problems for all of them.

Bosh is going to be able to pull either Ebaka or Perkins away from the basket which could be very important. He needs to be hitting his jump shot so they can't just camp under there and clog up the lane.

Definitely looks like the Thunder has an advantage on paper, we've never seen the Heat come in as an underdog though, it'll be interesting to see how they react.

Actually, Wade is known for his defense but whatever.

OKC played an old past their prime Mavs team, followed by an old past their prime Lakers team, followed by an old past their prime Spurs team. They did this while completely healthy. Not exactly a murderers row.

You act like putting interier guys on Bosh is just that simple. For one, Bosh doesn't play in the interior so these guys are going to be guarding out in space where they aren't as comfortable. Secondly, the entire OKC defense is predicated on having shotblockers to protect the rim. If that shotblocker is out at the three point line guarding Bosh, how will that impact the team defense for OKC?

You asked a good question regarding who is guarding Harden. Who is guarding Wade?

Latest posts