Thoughts on Cutler

Except for that first drive and when Brandon Jackson faked him out of his jock.

If you're going to praise Urlacher for playing well over the balance of the game - which he did - you have to criticize him for letting his unit let the Packers do whatever they wanted to do on offense in the 1st half.

Letting the Packers do whatever they want? Well that was nice of the Packers to only want to score 14 points.

Yeah he got arm tackled by a QB after making a great play and returning the ball 45 yards. Urlacher was a beast all day. Cutler was missing guys all game, he had a poor game before he even got a hurt. Why do you think so many NFL players have been questioning his heart? Cutler just doesn't have the make up of a successful NFL QB, you would not have seen Brady, Manning, Rivers, Big Ben or almost any other QB come out of the game so quickly. Rivers played on a torn ACL in the playoffs. I don't see this ending well for Cutler in Chicago.

This....

Reports on Twitter (I know, I know) are saying that Cutler tore his MCL, but he tore it in his LEFT knee. That's not his plant leg in his drop...

I have never torn my MCL, but I have severely sprained it. I was playing basketball when it happened. Initially, it was all sort of painful. After the pain subsided a bit I could tell there was something wrong, but I was able to finish my game. However, waking up the next morning it literally took me about 2 minutes to get in and out of my car and another 3-4 minutes to walk the 50 feet to the front door of the doctor's office. Point being, until it got stiff from inactivity, I was able to play basketball on it.

::shrug::

I can't imagine he would choose the biggest game of his life to be a pansy cop-out. I mean, he got sacked 9 times in the first half vs NY Giants early in the year and came back for more punishment. That would of been the game to be a woosie and sit out the 2nd half.

I'm a Bears fan, I don't like Cutler, but he's the most gifted QB we've had in like 3 decades! He is cocky and is terrible with the media, etc but I would be shocked to learn he threw in the towel.

He absolutely should have been helping Collins and Hanie.

MCL or not, Elway and Phillip Rivers played without ACL's. I'm not talking about the MCL, I'm talking ACL's.

If it's game 4 of the season, fine, sit on the sidelines. If it's the NFC Championship, you rub some effing dirt on it and play effing football.

He's a girl.

Cutler just doesn't have the make up of a successful NFL QB, you would not have seen Brady, Manning, Rivers, Big Ben or almost any other QB come out of the game so quickly. Rivers played on a torn ACL in the playoffs.

Brady DID do this, buddy. His first season playing in the playoffs he sprained his knee and Bledsoe had to come in a win the game. Brady played the next game.

Rivers had a minor surgery and a custom-made brace to hold his knee together. Rivers also played AWFUL, and a back up would have done a better job (19-37, 211 yds, 2 ints, 46.1 QB rating)

No one likes Cutler's body language and attitude, but don't question his toughness.

Brady DID do this, buddy. His first season playing in the playoffs he sprained his knee and Bledsoe had to come in a win the game. Brady played the next game.

Rivers had a minor surgery and a custom-made brace to hold his knee together. Rivers also played AWFUL, and a back up would have done a better job (19-37, 211 yds, 2 ints, 46.1 QB rating)

No one likes Cutler's body language and attitude, but don't question his toughness.

Fine, I'll just leave it to other current and former NFL players to question his toughness and there are plenty of them out there doing that.

No one likes Cutler's body language and attitude, but don't question his toughness.[/QUOTE]

With the Superbowl on the line and playing at home. People have the right to question his toughness at many our.

Where does Cutler rank among all-time wusses?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/...-012311#photo-title=Jay Cutler&photo=26001163

Yeah he got arm tackled by a QB after making a great play and returning the ball 45 yards. Urlacher was a beast all day. Cutler was missing guys all game, he had a poor game before he even got a hurt. Why do you think so many NFL players have been questioning his heart? Cutler just doesn't have the make up of a successful NFL QB, you would not have seen Brady, Manning, Rivers, Big Ben or almost any other QB come out of the game so quickly. Rivers played on a torn ACL in the playoffs. I don't see this ending well for Cutler in Chicago.
Rodgers got blasted by Peppers and stayed in. Wasn't the same after that hit. I'm sure he was concussed but was not going to come out. IIRC he didnt complete another pass or very few. Throwing in the dirt. The Packers went very conservative...thought KOK was calling the plays in the second half.

Brady played the entire game last week vs the Jets with a broken foot. Go look it up.
Cutler is a head case and a vanderbilt puzzy and he'll never win anything.

* Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew wrote, “All I’m saying is that he can finish the game on a hurt knee… I played the whole season on one.”
* Former NFL lineman and current ESPN analyst Mark Schlereth wrote, “As a guy how had 20 knee surgeries you’d have to drag me out on a stretcher to Leave a championship game!”
* Cardinals defensive lineman Darnell Dockett wrote, “If I’m on chicago team jay cutler has to wait till me and the team shower get dressed and leave before he comes in the locker room!”
* Jaguars linebacker Kirk Morrison wrote, “Jay Cutler better go put some Tussin on that knee and get back out there.”
* Deion Sanders wrote, “Im telling u in the playoffs u must drag me off the field. All the medicine in pro lockerooms this dude comes out! I apologize bear fans! . . . Folks i never question a players injury but i do question a players heart.
Even one of Cutler’s fellow quarterbacks, Oakland’s Bruce Gradkowski, got in on the action, writing that he once played with two torn MCLs and adding, “Is cutler still ur starter next year? Did the players give up on him?”
ppl riding him pretty hard..ouch

Brady played the entire game last week vs the Jets with a broken foot. Go look it up.
Cutler is a head case and a vanderbilt puzzy and he'll never win anything.

Yep, the Broncos saw this too. Josh McDaniels might not be a good head coach but he is a very respected offensive coordinator and QB coach and he had no problem getting rid of Cutler. The NFL is a QB's league and if you have an elite QB entering his prime, you don't give him up as easily as the Broncos did. You also never see NFL players rip other players as much as they did with Cutler. They know he's soft. He's just not a good leader.

Wow, there's so much ignorance in this thread that I don't know where to start. Let me start this by saying I am NOT a Bears fan, nor am I affiliated with Jay Cutler, Vanderbilt, the SEC, or Santa Claus, Indiana in any way.

Why of all times would Cutler "quit"? It is so illogical to think this. He played in 17 games, missing only 1 because of a concussion he received after getting sacked NINE times in ONE HALF. He was sacked 52 times, 12 more than any other QB in the NFL. He played in 15 regular season games, and there were only 12 QBs who played in all 16.

Not all injuries are created equally, and not all bodies respond to injuries the same. I've had several surgeries on one of my knees, and the less serious injuries were often the most debilitating. My most recent was by far the simplest, and it caused me the most pain and discomfort.

Have any of you ever watched Jay Cutler before yesterday? This was hardly his first bad game ever, and I can't think of a time where a bad game or a few bad decisions caused him to approach the game any differently at all.

Stop buying into the media mantra that Cutler is some sort of prima donna or that he's smug or arrogant. It is very well documented that he enjoys his private life and is very generous and charitable away from the field, especially with children in hospitals who also have diabetes. He shies away from the spotlight, and I actually find it admirable that he isn't whoring himself out like most in his position would.

Deion Sanders calling him out is a joke. Is there a bigger ***** than Deion? He was afraid of contact and never tackled anyone

Wow, there's so much ignorance in this thread that I don't know where to start. Let me start this by saying I am NOT a Bears fan, nor am I affiliated with Jay Cutler, Vanderbilt, the SEC, or Santa Claus, Indiana in any way.

Why of all times would Cutler "quit"? It is so illogical to think this. He played in 17 games, missing only 1 because of a concussion he received after getting sacked NINE times in ONE HALF. He was sacked 52 times, 12 more than any other QB in the NFL. He played in 15 regular season games, and there were only 12 QBs who played in all 16.

Not all injuries are created equally, and not all bodies respond to injuries the same. I've had several surgeries on one of my knees, and the less serious injuries were often the most debilitating. My most recent was by far the simplest, and it caused me the most pain and discomfort.

Have any of you ever watched Jay Cutler before yesterday? This was hardly his first bad game ever, and I can't think of a time where a bad game or a few bad decisions caused him to approach the game any differently at all.

Stop buying into the media mantra that Cutler is some sort of prima donna or that he's smug or arrogant. It is very well documented that he enjoys his private life and is very generous and charitable away from the field, especially with children in hospitals who also have diabetes. He shies away from the spotlight, and I actually find it admirable that he isn't whoring himself out like most in his position would.

Great post!!

Obviously you haven't watched Cutler much, when he struggles he gets down on himself. It's happened in many games in his career. The 49ers game last season is one of the best examples. He gets frustrated, starts hanging his head, and his play get worse and worse.

Cutler played for bad teams at Vandy and average at best teams in Denver. He's been in very few high pressure games. The media might drive the image of a smug, prima donna, but there is some truth behind it. If you make it seem like you don't care that much about football, you aren't going to get the benefit of the doubt from the fans and media.

Obviously you haven't watched Cutler much, when he struggles he gets down on himself. It's happened in many games in his career. The 49ers game last season is one of the best examples. He gets frustrated, starts hanging his head, and his play get worse and worse.

Cutler played for bad teams at Vandy and average at best teams in Denver. He's been in very few high pressure games. The media might drive the image of a smug, prima donna, but there is some truth behind it. If you make it seem like you don't care that much about football, you aren't going to get the benefit of the doubt from the fans and media.

Every person worth a damn is a little hard on themselves when they make mistakes. Why didn't Cutler quit that game against the 49ers? He's not the only QB to ever play the game who is that way.

And holy ****, how can somebody go through college and become a starting QB in the NFL without caring about football? HE DOESN'T NEED VALIDATION FROM THE MEDIA, NO PLAYER DOES.

I find this utterly amazing that the media creates these personas just because a player doesn't follow their every request and that people actually buy into these stories. It's asinine.

Every person worth a damn is a little hard on themselves when they make mistakes. Why didn't Cutler quit that game against the 49ers? He's not the only QB to ever play the game who is that way.

And holy ****, how can somebody go through college and become a starting QB in the NFL without caring about football? HE DOESN'T NEED VALIDATION FROM THE MEDIA, NO PLAYER DOES.

I find this utterly amazing that the media creates these personas just because a player doesn't follow their every request and that people actually buy into these stories. It's asinine.

Easily, plenty of extremely talented freak athletes do. It happens in every sport, guys like JaMarcus Russell, Terry Glenn, Travis Henry. When you get millions of dollars for just showing up for work, most players aren't going to walk away from it. And Cutler is not a bad QB, he's just never going to be a great one because he doesn't put in the extra work.

Latest posts