Thoughts on Cutler

If Byron Leftwich can get carried down the field to lose by 20 in a frickin college game, Cutler could limp around the field for a half if he wanted too. Shots like this don't come along every year, and if he was that hurt, he should have been on crutches or had an ice pack or something. I don't buy it.

The bigger issue is that the QB is supposed to be the leader of the team. I can assure you that almost every one of the 31 other starting QBs, if hurt, would have been an additional resource and coach for the young guy that was thrown into the fire. Cutler couldn't care less and it showed. That is what has people more pi$$ed than anything I think.

This is the last comment I'm making in this thread because it really nails the ignorance level contained within.

Again, not all injuries are created equally and not all bodies respond to injuries in the same manner. What happened to Byron Leftwich, Jack Youngblood, Nancy Pelosi, or Pauly Shore doesn't matter a bit. Had Cutler had the same exact injury in week 3 of last season and played through it, perhaps there would be an argument here. You cannot ascertain what impact his injury had on him at all. Cutler has proven to me, but more importantly his teammates, that he is one of the toughest QBs in the NFL. If he is wanting to play (as has been reported) but the coaching and medical staff are holding him out, I really don't see how anybody can question him. Ligament tears in knees do not require braces, crutches, or ice. They restrict weight bearing and lateral movement moreso that straight line walking, bike riding, or standing still. Go tear a ligament for proof yourself.

Ask Hanie what Cutler was doing on the sidelines. Just because Fox wasn't showing his every move doesn't mean he wasn't helping. Hanie made several comments about the advice Cutler was giving him the entire time he was playing. It's so moronic that people keep buying into the perception of athletes that the media keeps putting out there just because a guy spurns an interview request (Rick Reilly).

And to anyone who suggests he just get a shot to play through it -- you can't just go giving shots to diabetics to finish a football game. ANY football game.

I can't believe that I, a non-Bears fan, have to be the one who defends Jay Cutler and reason.

This is a prime example of why NOT to be a jerk.

Cutler probably wouldn't be catching any flack if not for his "personality"...or lack thereof. He doesn't act like a leader or a team player. His petulance just begs for this kind of criticism. You probably wouldn't see a guy like Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees getting this kind of heat.

This is a prime example of why NOT to be a jerk.

Cutler probably wouldn't be catching any flack if not for his "personality"...or lack thereof. He doesn't act like a leader or a team player. His petulance just begs for this kind of criticism. You probably wouldn't see a guy like Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees getting this kind of heat.

You do realize that no one on his team is after him. If he were not a leader or a team player, wouldn't reason dictate his team mates would be silent rather than vigourously defending him.

What this is more indicitive of is that there is a certain media narrative that people like you have attached on to, that has no basis in reality. Sore headed Bears fans and Bears haters alike want to hang it on Cutler because they don't like him personally. While all data shows that Cutler is tough and a team player, it doesn't fit the narrative, so it is ignored because "he didn't look hurt enough".

Do you want a Qb or an actor. When your dream gets shattered and you are unable to do anything to help your team but watch, tell me how you feel. I'll bet you'd have a big smile on your face the whole time.

When your dream gets shattered and you are unable to do anything to help your team but watch, tell me how you feel. I'll bet you'd have a big smile on your face the whole time.

He could have helped his team and a teammate. Instead he huddled up on the bench with a coat on and sulked.

Grab a headset, help Haney out after he comes off the field. Stanzi was like a coach on the sideline at the 'Shoe in 2009 when Vandy was in there.

Last edited:
You do realize that no one on his team is after him. If he were not a leader or a team player, wouldn't reason dictate his team mates would be silent rather than vigourously defending him.

What this is more indicitive of is that there is a certain media narrative that people like you have attached on to, that has no basis in reality. Sore headed Bears fans and Bears haters alike want to hang it on Cutler because they don't like him personally. While all data shows that Cutler is tough and a team player, it doesn't fit the narrative, so it is ignored because "he didn't look hurt enough".

Do you want a Qb or an actor. When your dream gets shattered and you are unable to do anything to help your team but watch, tell me how you feel. I'll bet you'd have a big smile on your face the whole time.

Yeah, I noticed that his teammates were behind him, especially Urlacher. That speaks to the character of their squad.

Leadership takes many forms. I'm not the first to notice that Cutler is lacking is some of those. Fair or not...I think that's why many are ripping him.

He could have helped his team and a teammate. Instead he huddled up on the bench with a coat on and sulked.

Grab a headset, help Haney out after he comes off the field. Stanzi was like a coach on the sideline at the 'Shoe in 2009 when Vandy was in there.

Well, considering that Hainy said that Cutler was talking to him everytime he came to the sideline, maybe you don't know what you're talking about. That game with Stanzi you're referencing was a week after his injury.

If anything, I am a Cutler fan now. Going out there on one stick after halftime showed he has huevos grande, particularly when he was facing Matthews and Woodson with a tissue paper line. The guy has been getting has *** handed to him for the past 5 months with no line, and no recievers. He has never once complained, never once quit, and never once called any one out. He went out and did his job really damned well, and almost took his team to the Super Bowl.

Oh, but he was frowning on the sideline. He must be a wuss.

Well, considering that Hainy said that Cutler was talking to him everytime he came to the sideline, maybe you don't know what you're talking about.
QUOTE]

What else was a season long 3rd stringer going to say? If he decides to throw the starting QB under the bus he would be looking for a new job today.

It was obvious Cutler did not have much interest in helping the guy out.

Well, considering that Hainy said that Cutler was talking to him everytime he came to the sideline, maybe you don't know what you're talking about.
QUOTE]

What else was a season long 3rd stringer going to say? If he decides to throw the starting QB under the bus he would be looking for a new job today.

Why is it when presented with evidence to counter your previously held assertions, you just refuse to believe it could possibly be true?

Maybe Haney knows what he's talking about, and you don't since Haney was there, and you only saw three second flashes of Cutler sitting there between plays. Brian Urlacher isn't going to be cut, so why do you think he spent so much time defending his QB when he could have just remained silent? Why would Israel Idonije, pretty much regarded as the best guy in the NFL back up Cutler with so much passion if he didn't believe in him?

QUOTE]

Are this thick headded? The cameras were not on him 100% of the time so you have absolutely no idea how much cutler was helping Haine and Haine and Cutler are best friends. Go do some research before you just run your mouth to run your mouth.

Cutler had the little ear piece in and at times had to sit on the bench so Haine went to sit by Cutler and discuss things.

I can't believe people have been so stupid throughout this thread.

Why is it when presented with evidence to counter your previously held assertions, you just refuse to believe it could possibly be true?

Maybe Haney knows what he's talking about, and you don't since Haney was there, and you only saw three second flashes of Cutler sitting there between plays. Brian Urlacher isn't going to be cut, so why do you think he spent so much time defending his QB when he could have just remained silent? Why would Israel Idonije, pretty much regarded as the best guy in the NFL back up Cutler with so much passion if he didn't believe in him?

Iowafarmgirl the stupidity of people on this thread is really legendary. See a lot of them just jumped the gun before getting any facts and some are trying to back track a tad.

I have tried to point out that no one has suffered this injury, and stayed in the game the whole game. I gave facts about Troy Polomalu suffering the same injury in 2009 in week 1 which forced him out of the game immediately,a nd guess what he missed 4.5 games. He is considered one of the toughest guys in the league.

When Rivers hurt his knee, he immediately left the game. He then had the week to get worked on, get a brace fitted, and get rehab in. Then he came back and played on the bad kneed and played like poo.

I get it that Cutler has rubbed some people the wrong way, but I don't seem to worry about the Media reaction as the media seems to feel more strongly about Cutler than some of his Peers.

Funny how Maurice Jones Drew has taken back everything he said the other day, same with Neo Deion trying to back track now.

I nominate this tread "dumbest thread of the year" (to date).

It has all of the ingredients:
-internet tough guys
-pure speculation
-imaginary medical knowledge
-vitriol

Enjoy!

Ill take Charles Barkley's word over yours any day.

Charles Barkley criticized critics of Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler - ESPN Chicago

Haney could be telling the truth, I just dont think it is likely. And Urlacher was only asked about Cutler's toughness and that is when he defended him.

I nominate this tread "dumbest thread of the year" (to date).

It has all of the ingredients:
-internet tough guys and the always-cheerful IowaFarmGirl
-pure speculation
-imaginary medical knowledge
-vitriol

Enjoy!

Edited. :D

Latest posts