Thoughts on Cutler

Obviously they will come out and say that. :)

Because it's true?

He had a sprained MCL which is more sever than a grade 1 sprain according to reports so far.

Troy Polomalu suffered the same injury and was out 5 weeks. There is a list of NFL palyers WHO HAD THE EXACT SAME INJURY!!! they all left the game immediately upon injury and were out for a minimum of 2-6 weeks.

Sorry end of discussion. If you don't understand this you never will.

This just in..... Jay Cutler suffered a MCL grade 2 tear.

Troy Polamalu suffered the same injury during a game in 2009 in week 1 and had to leave the game. He then missed 4 straight weeks of action.

I guess Troy Polamalu is a big sissy! what a sissy! why didn't he just tape it up, drink some whiskey and get back in the game let alone miss 4 weeks.

What a sissy and I thought Troy Polamalu was a MAN! HA, HA

People sound like complete idiots in this thread.

Just my two cents but...

1. Cutler's performance was atrocious before the injury, so honestly in my opinion whether it was an injury that took him out of the game, pulling himself from the game, or he got benched is irrelevant because they honestly were not going to win the game with him in.

2. I have no problem with other athletes calling him out, however to hear Maurice Jones Drew call him out is a joke. If I recall correctly, didn't Jones-Drew miss the last two games of the season due to a knee injury as well? So I really don't think he is in a position to say that he finished the season with an injured leg when that injury ended his season two weeks early.

3. No one seems to remember that had Cutler and the bears not played the same way offensively in the week 17 elimination game for Green Bay and let their biggest rival sneak into the playoffs it wouldn't be an issue. Bottom line they should have taken care of business week 17 instead of letting a dangerous team make a phenominal superbowl run. IMO it's the Packers are 2-0 against the Bears in the playoffs this season and thats hard to stomache for a bears fan who hates the Packers with a passion.

Almost forgot, but while I'm at it, who in their right mind calls an end around on 3rd and 3 with under 2 minutes left. Excellent playcalling Martz.

Almost forgot, but while I'm at it, who in their right mind calls an end around on 3rd and 3 with under 2 minutes left. Excellent playcalling Martz.

I agree, the coaching staff should definately be taking more heat then they are at this point. Everyone is putting this on Cutler. Cutler did not play well, and thats fine and fair. He suffered an injury and was taken out by the doctors. It is well documented that this type of injury forces players out for several weeks.
The biggest issue I have with the game yesterday is the coaching. First and foremost, how is Todd Collins your #2 QB? It is not even a question that Caleb Haine is a better QB. How did the coaches not see that? Why would you ever call that end around on 3rd and 3 with 1 minute left after you had just called a timeout when the clock was stopped? The other question for the coaching staff, is why not try one of the field goals in the first half? Especially the 48-49 yarder. 3 points could have really helped in this game.

This just in..... Jay Cutler suffered a MCL grade 2 tear.

Troy Polamalu suffered the same injury during a game in 2009 in week 1 and had to leave the game. He then missed 4 straight weeks of action.

I guess Troy Polamalu is a big sissy! what a sissy! why didn't he just tape it up, drink some whiskey and get back in the game let alone miss 4 weeks.

What a sissy and I thought Troy Polamalu was a MAN! HA, HA

People sound like complete idiots in this thread.

You can get an injection to dull the pain to play through that injury for one half. Maybe the Bears were better off with their backup at 100% rather than their starter at 50%. That's a legitimate argument. But I also think it's fair to say that many of Cutler's peers would have been on the field. Players have played with worse.

You can get an injection to dull the pain to play through that injury for one half. Maybe the Bears were better off with their backup at 100% rather than their starter at 50%. That's a legitimate argument. But I also think it's fair to say that many of Cutler's peers would have been on the field. Players have played with worse.

Cutler played with the injury. Then the Doctors/Lovie pulled him because he was not able to play with the injury.

I can't make the comment that others have played with worse injuries becuase how can you really prove that? Not all injuries are the same.

I gave you a spot on example of Troy Polomalu who suffered the exact same injury, had to leave the game immediately and missed 4 weeks of football. That is all I need to know about the injury, he was not able to play through it. If you go back and look at injuries there have been about 5 others at least who suffered the same thing the last couple years and have missed 3-5 weeks.

I don't feel comfortable saying someone should have played when I have no idea how much pain they were in and I showed you an example of another player who could not play through it.

Polomalu is considered the best/toughest safety in the league to boot.

I just don't get it. Cutler was too hurt to play the whole game and do anything.

Just my two cents but...

1. Cutler's performance was atrocious before the injury, so honestly in my opinion whether it was an injury that took him out of the game, pulling himself from the game, or he got benched is irrelevant because they honestly were not going to win the game with him in.

2. I have no problem with other athletes calling him out, however to hear Maurice Jones Drew call him out is a joke. If I recall correctly, didn't Jones-Drew miss the last two games of the season due to a knee injury as well? So I really don't think he is in a position to say that he finished the season with an injured leg when that injury ended his season two weeks early.

3. No one seems to remember that had Cutler and the bears not played the same way offensively in the week 17 elimination game for Green Bay and let their biggest rival sneak into the playoffs it wouldn't be an issue. Bottom line they should have taken care of business week 17 instead of letting a dangerous team make a phenominal superbowl run. IMO it's the Packers are 2-0 against the Bears in the playoffs this season and thats hard to stomache for a bears fan who hates the Packers with a passion.

And Neon Deion Sanders missed his last two years of football due to a turf toe, and he is running his mouth about being tough!

This is quite possibly the dumbest amount of stuff I have ever seen.

I just can't believe how many stupid players/analysts/people were calling Cutler a wuss when they had zero idea of what the injury was. If anyone is at fault it is The Bears and Fox for not figuring out when the injury took place and listing Cutler as questionable rather than out.

From an SI article:

"Cutler could have taken a Novocaine injection at halftime, if anyone had wanted to risk his career that way. But to shoot a guy up -- to numb an injury involving a ligament -- is foolish and unsafe. "There's real danger in continuing to play,'' says Dr. Timothy Kremchek, an orthopedic surgeon and the team doctor for the Cincinnati Reds."

....But I assume you are all doctors, or are too masculine to even need doctors. You probably can't even trust doctors "as far as you can throw them" because your manly muscles are so big you can throw them a quarter-mile.

Cutler played with the injury. Then the Doctors/Lovie pulled him because he was not able to play with the injury.

I can't make the comment that others have played with worse injuries becuase how can you really prove that? Not all injuries are the same.

I gave you a spot on example of Troy Polomalu who suffered the exact same injury, had to leave the game immediately and missed 4 weeks of football. That is all I need to know about the injury, he was not able to play through it. If you go back and look at injuries there have been about 5 others at least who suffered the same thing the last couple years and have missed 3-5 weeks.

I don't feel comfortable saying someone should have played when I have no idea how much pain they were in and I showed you an example of another player who could not play through it.

Polomalu is considered the best/toughest safety in the league to boot.

I just don't get it. Cutler was too hurt to play the whole game and do anything.

You showed an example of a player getting hurt in week 1 of the regular season and not playing through it. Also, it's very possible that the coaches did pull him. Some people just aren't able to play well when they aren't 100%.

To be honest if I were a Bears fan I'd be a lot more bitter about him sucking it up before the injury and then not helping his teammates after the injury.

Don't forget that they called a timeout before this play, even though the clock was already stopped and the offense was lined up and ready to snap (the timeout appeared to come from the sideline). In fact, the play had already been snapped because the line couldn't hear the whistle, and the inside counter run they had already called looked like it would have been much better than that horrible, horrible reverse.

From an SI article:

"Cutler could have taken a Novocaine injection at halftime, if anyone had wanted to risk his career that way. But to shoot a guy up -- to numb an injury involving a ligament -- is foolish and unsafe. "There's real danger in continuing to play,'' says Dr. Timothy Kremchek, an orthopedic surgeon and the team doctor for the Cincinnati Reds."

....But I assume you are all doctors, or are too masculine to even need doctors. You probably can't even trust doctors "as far as you can throw them" because your manly muscles are so big you can throw them a quarter-mile.

Now you're changing the argument. I fully believe that the doctors did advise him not to play. I also firmly believe most of his peers would have told those doctors to shove their opinion where the sun don't shine. Why do you think the NFL mandated anyone diagnosed with a concussion had to sit out the rest of the game? It was because players were going back into games against doctors recommendations.

Absolutely I agree that playing on it could have made it worse. But in a game that important, players have and will do anything it takes to play. TO, for all the crap he gets for being selfish, risked his career by playing on a broken ankle in the SB against medical advice.

If Byron Leftwich can get carried down the field to lose by 20 in a frickin college game, Cutler could limp around the field for a half if he wanted too. Shots like this don't come along every year, and if he was that hurt, he should have been on crutches or had an ice pack or something. I don't buy it.

The bigger issue is that the QB is supposed to be the leader of the team. I can assure you that almost every one of the 31 other starting QBs, if hurt, would have been an additional resource and coach for the young guy that was thrown into the fire. Cutler couldn't care less and it showed. That is what has people more pi$$ed than anything I think.

Now you're changing the argument. I fully believe that the doctors did advise him not to play. I also firmly believe most of his peers would have told those doctors to shove their opinion where the sun don't shine. Why do you think the NFL mandated anyone diagnosed with a concussion had to sit out the rest of the game? It was because players were going back into games against doctors recommendations.

Absolutely I agree that playing on it could have made it worse. But in a game that important, players have and will do anything it takes to play. TO, for all the crap he gets for being selfish, risked his career by playing on a broken ankle in the SB against medical advice.

He isn't changing the argument so much as he is painting you as uninformed. That Jay Cutler has Type 1 diabetes is pretty common knowledge.

TO also had six weeks to heal from said broken ankle, and has access to medical facilities and treatments that none of us could ever dream of.

Last edited:

Latest posts