Thoughts on assistants after presser...

HawkeyeState81

I'm excited what I'm hearing. The possibility of a former player on his staff is ingenious! I don't know much about his existing staff at Sienna but it appears to me they can recruit since they are on a great 3 year run there. I cannot wait to hear who he is bringing in for a staff and it would appear to me we have plenty of cash to hire quality if he's only getting 1.1 million...

If he does have a former player on staff i would not be surprised if it was Kenyon Murray. He does have a gig with the big ten network but he only does Iowa home games and he only did 5 or 6 last season.

If he does have a former player on staff i would not be surprised if it was Kenyon Murray. He does have a gig with the big ten network but he only does Iowa home games and he only did 5 or 6 last season.

I agree that Kenyon would be the logical answer considering he recruited Kenyon out of high school, so there is a natural relationship there.

I'm excited what I'm hearing. The possibility of a former player on his staff is ingenious! I don't know much about his existing staff at Sienna but it appears to me they can recruit since they are on a great 3 year run there. I cannot wait to hear who he is bringing in for a staff and it would appear to me we have plenty of cash to hire quality if he's only getting 1.1 million...
What I "heard" in the presser was one or two from Sienna and possibly a former player. It wouldn't surprise me if he had things together by the weekend. This guy seems to be prepared and ready to go.

What I "heard" in the presser was one or two from Sienna and possibly a former player. It wouldn't surprise me if he had things together by the weekend. This guy seems to be prepared and ready to go.

I would agree and the specific mention of a former player pretty much means his best from Sienna and Kenyon or Jess most likely....

Anyone know how long the process usually is for a staff to be in place? I know Lick brought his with him but any indications on the usual time frame?

I'd be shocked if this coach doesn't have his staff together (or most) by the weekend. He seems like he knows exactly what he wants to do and who he wants!

I hope so. He's been around a long time several people on the Siena boards say he's a big part of their success recently.

I'd love to see a former Hawk on the staff too.

I am much less concerned with him adding a former Hawk. I hope he adds a couple of guys who have cut their teeth at the Big Ten level first and foremost.

Latest posts