Thoughts on assistants after presser...

My immediate preference would be:

Rodell Davis....Proviso East grad, Iowa grad, former juco head coach, experienced.
Kenyon Murray...
Jeff Horner...

I only want an former Iowa player on the bench if it helps Fran in need areas. Not sure who would fit the bill,but not that important to me that it is an ex Iowa player. Get those guys involved in the program,no doubt,but we need recruiters on the bench,not token PR hires.

bj coming was a joke and very unlikely but man if they wanted to make a splash that would be the way to go!

Also, just throwing this out there, but Greg Stokes is an assistant coach at Kirkwood. Not sure what kinds of connections he has as far as recruiting goes, I'd need someone here to help fill me in on that. I'm just throwing his name out there. He could also help us maybe bring in Kaylon Williams. And Im sure Lisa Bluder wouldn't mind having Stokes on the men's staff. Might improve her chances of landing Kiah.
Couldnt have said it better myself.

If he is going to bring in an Iowa guy would like to see it be either Kenyon Murray or Ryan Bowen.

Both of those guys were great at defending the ball, steals and rebounding. Can the teach it, I don't know but it would be good to bring someone on with those skills.

Also, just throwing this out there, but Greg Stokes is an assistant coach at Kirkwood. Not sure what kinds of connections he has as far as recruiting goes, I'd need someone here to help fill me in on that. I'm just throwing his name out there. He could also help us maybe bring in Kaylon Williams. And Im sure Lisa Bluder wouldn't mind having Stokes on the men's staff. Might improve her chances of landing Kiah.

I like this. Greg also should be able to help us recruit, sign and coach some No. 4s and 5s.

I would think you could get Horner at the grad assistant position.

Don't think you have to spend an assistant's slot for him.

Get an assistant that has some connections and has been in the game of coaching for a bit.

Latest posts