This Week's Poll: Three Favorite Ferentz Era Wins

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
POLL: Your Favorite Ferentz Era Wins | Hawkeye Nation

Might be tougher to choose just three of these than the Mt Rushmore poll.

NOTE: I typed Meyer kick vs PSU in 2008..but it's Daniel Murray of Iowa City Regina who made the kick..I can;t go back in and edit it...just wanted to point out the error and give credit to the man who made the kick

Last edited:
Without a doubt this is tougher. In every game listed there is something that instantly jumps out at me about the game that made it so memorable.

The 3 I picked:

2004 @PSU
2004 Wisky
2009 @PSU

Edit- Interestingly enough, only one of the three I picked was I actually in attendance at the game (2004 Wisky).

Edit #2- I have always been partial to the 2004 season because that was my first fall on campus as a student at Iowa. The most fun football season I have experienced.

Last edited:
These are my favorite:

2008 Penn State; Meyer FG to Win
2009 at Michigan State; Stanzi to McNutt to Win
2005 Capital One; Tate to Holloway to Win

2008 Penn State - Murray FG
2010 Orange Bowl - Only BCS win
2005 Capital One - Tate to Holloway

There may have been bigger wins, but these were the most fun in my opinion.

Last edited:
These are my favorite:

2008 Penn State; Meyer FG to Win
2009 at Michigan State; Stanzi to McNutt to Win
2005 Capital One; Tate to Holloway to Win

THIS, only a different order.

2009 at Michigan St, because we were undefeated
2005 Cap One, the most amazing, unbelievable comeback after we pizzed it down our leg.
2008 Penn State, it was the comeback win that put Stanzi and Iowa back on to the national scene verses a National Championship contender

i went 2010 orange bowl since it was our first and only BCS win
i went with 2009 at MSU since the last 10 minutes of that game were unforgettable. going from high, to complete low when they scored, to utter elation when 7 got 6 and kept the record unblemished
and obviously i went with the capital one bowl. no need to explain

i wanted to put murray's kick against PSU because that was amazing, but the game i'd have taken out was 09 at MSU. more on the line in that game

2009 UNI - that kick goes through and that season is tanked, back to back blocked kicks in the opening game plus all of the magic that happened until we lost to Northwestern gave me a shred of hope that God was an Iowa fan and was on our side
2004 OSU - We just don't beat those guys that often, I think that is Kurt's only win versus OSU and I remember sitting in the stands long after the game ended looking at the scoreboard and thinking that maybe Iowa football was going to actually become a legit program
2011 Northwestern - any time you snap a 3 game losing streak against Northwestern it is big

How can Michigan 2002 not be at the top? That win was way more impressive and way more meaningful than Tate to Holloway.

2004-Wisco
2008-PSU
2010-Orange Bowl

It was tough not to pick Tate to Holloway or Seven got Six, but I was in attendance for the three games mentioned above, so they got my vote.

2004 OSU - We just don't beat those guys that often, I think that is Kurt's only win versus OSU and I remember sitting in the stands long after the game ended looking at the scoreboard and thinking that maybe Iowa football was going to actually become a legit program

BINGO. ANY win against the Buckeyes makes the top three IMO.

Latest posts