This team is bad...

Meanwhile, Iowa State down their best player and 3 starters is putting the beat down on Missouri. They just reload through transfers and better recruiting. Their program is where I want Iowa to be someday. Hopefully.

Meanwhile, Iowa State down their best player and 3 starters is putting the beat down on Missouri. They just reload through transfers and better recruiting. Their program is where I want Iowa to be someday. Hopefully.

They brought in some good freshmen and transfers neither of which Fran does. However, Missouri is BAD. They have 21 turnovers and 21 fouls and there's still 7 minutes left.

That's because in order to be a leader, you have to be working harder than everyone else. In practice and in the games. That does not describe Cook or Bohannon. Be honest, how are you going to respond to either of those 2 telling you to get your shit together and try harder?
I agree but I think it goes further than that. Good leadership is also a personality trait. You want your leaders to be the guys that set examples on and off the court, but they still have to have that innate desire to lead those around them. Cook and Bohannon could work their tails off out there - and that would be a good thing - but they still wouldn't be what you desire in a leader. Not their fault necessarily, but it's just not part of their makeups.

Watched ISU's game tonight for awhile. They played some respectable defense but Missouri looked bad..........25 turnovers with most self inflicted. Missouri's offense looked lost most of the game I viewed.

Don’t look now! Purdue didn’t beat Ball St. by 20+ points... they must be bad too!

ummm....purdon't lost like almost all their team from last season and they're playing a guy who is prematurely bald. believe me, prematurely bald guys aren't good basketball players. and Ball State has "ball" in their name, they must be ballers. sheesh.

ummm....purdon't lost like almost all their team from last season and they're playing a guy who is prematurely bald. believe me, prematurely bald guys aren't good basketball players. and Ball State has "ball" in their name, they must be ballers. sheesh.
You're saying Granville Waiters wasn't a good basketball player?:)

He actually played in the NBA, albeit around the fringes. When he wasn't getting exhiled to CBA. He was known around basketball circles as Granville Waivers.

When we played intramural and city rec basketball in the glory days of our youth we had a nickname for tall, lanky, uncoordinated players who shouldn't have been out there. We called them Granville's

Last edited:

He actually played in the NBA, albeit around the fringes. When he wasn't getting exhiled to CBA. He was known around basketball circles as Granville Waivers.

When we played intramural and city rec basketball in the glory days of our youth we had a nickname for tall, lanky, uncoordinated players who shouldn't have been out there. We called them Granville.

omg, northside, thank you! Granville Waiters. wow, that's going way back. and i do remember him very well. ROFL.

When we played intramural and city rec basketball in the glory days of our youth we had a nickname for tall, lanky, uncoordinated players who shouldn't have been out there. We called them Granville's

Hey Granville put in 8 solid seasons for the Bucks.....the man who would not exhaust his eligibility.

Hey Granville put in 8 solid seasons for the Bucks.....the man who would not exhaust his eligibility.
For a minute I thought you meant Milwaukee Bucks. I thought huh? That was Paul Mokeski.

Then I quickly figured out what bucks you were talking about.

For a minute I thought you meant Milwaukee Bucks. I thought huh? That was Paul Mokeski.

Then I quickly figured out what bucks you were talking about.

Before Jess Settles became the player who seemed like he played in the Big 10 forever, it was Granville Waiters (see below). We used to joke about him all of the time. :)

CCQG7lBUIAA5ZY0.jpg

Before Jess Settles became the player who seemed like he played in the Big 10 forever, it was Granville Waiters (see below). We used to joke about him all of the time. :)

CCQG7lBUIAA5ZY0.jpg

Who would that be in the conference now? Matt McQuaid? Seems like he's been at Michigan State for a long time.

ISU is leaning on bringing freshman back into the program with Hoiberg gone. Prohm is a good coach and excellent recruiter.
That said, Missouri is absolutely awful, they are down thier best player and didn't have much around him to begin with.