This officiating absolutely sucks...

doclee

Zeller throws a cross body block on Clemmons...scores

Zeller pushes White half way across the court...scores

While Shawn Morris raves about how great Zeller is...he damn well should be with all of the help he is getting.

Indiana knocks the ball out of bounds and oh, wait...I guess Marble touched the ball, even though the replay shows clearly he did not.

Yes, Iowa is killing themselves...I get it. Turnovers, missed free throws, poor rebounding, but I am really sick of watching the higher rated teams getting the officials as their sixth man.

Iowa is playing spectacular defense: So, the announcers, especially Morris, talk about how, "oh, Indiana has to shoot better." Guess what: They have hardly had a non- contested shot the entire first half.

If Iowa was even close to being on their game, and without the help Indiana is getting from the officials, this would be a even up game at half time.

Now I have to listen to Revsine talk about Indiana for the halftime show, only mentioning that they are, oh, yeah, playing Iowa, or Ohio, or Idaho, or somebody.

Don't like what I have to say: Go to CNN and the opinion section and read the article about the need for a complete overhaul for college basketball. He says it so well. Its not really basketball any more.

And, yes, I have been drinking...but not all that much.

Whaaa. Big Ten roadie. If Iowa wasn't looking like complete crap and scored more than 14 points I might agree..

Big 10 basketball is nearly unwatchable because of the refs. Its become drive the ball to the hole really hard and Chuck up your hands as if fouled. I've seen games with teams in double bonus with 10 min to go frequently

There should not be a game where there are 64 free throws shot. They need to clean it up so there aren't so many that have to be called.

I was not making the argument that Iowa lost due to poor officiating. Iowa played very good defense but turned the ball over repeatedly, gave up too many offensive rebounds, and really struggled in half court offense. But I stand on my view that basketball officiating is absolutely awful and that it has come close to ruining the game that I love. Coaches have taken advantage of the inept officials and hand checks, pushing, moving screens, 3 second violations, traveling, are rampant...but they just don't get called with any consistency. Please: Go to CNN and the OPINION section and read the article on college basketball...the author explains it far better than I could ever do.

While Shawn Morris raves about how great Zeller is...he damn well should be with all of the help he is getting.

Indiana knocks the ball out of bounds and oh, wait...I guess Marble touched the ball, even though the replay shows clearly he did not.

Yes, Iowa is killing themselves...I get it. Turnovers, missed free throws, poor rebounding, but I am really sick of watching the higher rated teams getting the officials as their sixth man.

Iowa is playing spectacular defense: So, the announcers, especially Morris, talk about how, "oh, Indiana has to shoot better." Guess what: They have hardly had a non- contested shot the entire first half.

If Iowa was even close to being on their game, and without the help Indiana is getting from the officials, this would be a even up game at half time.

Now I have to listen to Revsine talk about Indiana for the halftime show, only mentioning that they are, oh, yeah, playing Iowa, or Ohio, or Idaho, or somebody.

Don't like what I have to say: Go to CNN and the opinion section and read the article about the need for a complete overhaul for college basketball. He says it so well. Its not really basketball any more.

Excellent post, Doc......

The referees are taking over the game, controlling the pace and momentum in many games. It is very frustrating to see a foul called almost every time down the court on both teams, like in the second half tonight......

Last edited:
I really loved the call that I saw 17 times tonight, the one where an Indiana player drives left, Iowa defender is in good position, Indiana player uses their right hand to go up with the shot cause they have no left hand only to get bailed out by a BS call. Of course it's going to look like a foul because it just does but when the defender is in good position your supposed to reward them not call fouls on them. Any Iowa fan not seeing the BS calls is just blind or stupid or both.

TBH, I was thinking almost the exact same thing regarding Zeller. He's a fantastic player, who plays extremely physical...gets the benefit of a lot of calls, or at least did tonight. Pretty tough to play someone that good who gets that level of protection. On a positive note.....Woodbury plays him as well as anyone I've seen this year in half court defense.

Last edited:

Latest posts